over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone here run?

Dvo36

Registered
I've been running 3 miles, once a week to mix up my cardio. I absolutely hate it, but like knowing I can do it if I have to at 43. I was never a runner in my younger years so my knees are good. I'll do other forms of cardio (Bike, Elliptical etc) after I hit the weights on other days. How many of you guys run?

I used to train frequently, usually 3 times a week 10 miles, sometimes 8 depending on how much time I had. Did a couple of competitions too, 10 to 15 miles. I quit when I got serious with bodybuilding. Could no longer combine the two. Recovery was shot. I was natural then though, but i wouldn't run anymore these days. Heavy weight + running = messed up knees and shin splints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do cardio frequently and use running sparingly. I pick my cardio for the day on what is sore and which style of cardio allows that area to rest. So its rare for me to run outside but the treadmill is weekly. Nothing wrong with running.

Got tiny joints so running more than 200 yards feels like my kneecaps will pop out. Cycling/Stair master is my best friend.

I find its good cross training. The more exercises I can incorporate into my routine the better. As long as it doesn't hinder my success!

On most days I do LISS for cardio. Sometimes I'll thrown in some HIIT or go run a couple miles at the fastest pace I can handle.

I usually do about 3 miles once or twice a week. Sometimes I go pretty hard if I'm feeling good, but typically I will average a 10 minute mile when I'm with friends and talking.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I do HIIT on the treadmill at least 4 days per week. I feel any other type of cardio is an inefficient use of time from purely a physique enhancement perspective. Can't ignore all the science. It's not fun when you're huffing and puffing but the benefits are too good to ignore. Of course it's not always great on the knees/joints though.

Stationarybike 5 times a weekfor 4 30min. About 85% heart rate.. pro

I do HIIT on the treadmill at least 4 days per week. I feel any other type of cardio is an inefficient use of time from purely a physique enhancement perspective. Can't ignore all the science. It's not fun when you're huffing and puffing but the benefits are too good to ignore. Of course it's not always great on the knees/joints though.

out of interest what speed/duration/rest times do you typically use?

am doing 8x 60 secs on 60 secs off at a pretty fast speed (going from about 10.8mph to 11.5mph)

out of interest what speed/duration/rest times do you typically use?

am doing 8x 60 secs on 60 secs off at a pretty fast speed (going from about 10.8mph to 11.5mph)

That sounds great. Mine is similar. I started out doing less speed and less sprint time until I became conditioned enough to handle my current routine. I do anywhere between 5-8 spring depending on whether I did weights before or how often per week I do it

45 second sprints at 12.0mph and 2.0 incline.

1:30-2 minutes rest time at 3.3mph and 2.0 incline

Did for years. It was a social event in the late seventies and early eighties. Run, Drink, F....

Truly social event, each run ended up in a party. "Drinkers with a running problem", if I remember correctly.

Gave birth to triathalons in south. I was one of the original members. Even with no "Clydsdale" division.

Ran? Yes. Run? No.

Pwood

I only run if there is a fire or something is chasing me. :D then it's still optional

I don't enjoy it, but I know if I stop doing it(even though it's only once a week) ill be done and won't be able to do it. Plus it will help if something large is chasing me. I live in Maine after all...

I run(sprint) 8set of stairs and take the elavator down and repeat at least 10times. Kills the lungs, great on the knees and conditioning stays high. I cant do LISS at all, life is too short!

I've been running 3 miles, once a week to mix up my cardio. I absolutely hate it, but like knowing I can do it if I have to at 43. I was never a runner in my younger years so my knees are good. I'll do other forms of cardio (Bike, Elliptical etc) after I hit the weights on other days. How many of you guys run?

I used to run a lot in my youth. Track athlete. I absolutely HATE to run these days though. I will do sprints when I'm trying to get shredded. Other than most of my cardio is walking:cool:

I'd actually prefer to run out on the track once in awhile, every now and then.. Nothing wrong with having your lungs getting some work in.. But again nothing too crazy.. Aside from that I really focus on just as long as keeping my heart rate up while using a treadmill or stair master at a decent regular speed and some incline to it..

Never...

Do a lot of cardio but never straight up running.

The one day a week a run ( usually mid week), I use a straight road where I use the telephone poles for Sprints. It seems to work well!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131