mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin article. Seems it is terrible for muscle.

NO there is no mechanism for you to go hypo

This entire misconception was bred by those selling GDA's in order to make them sound more effective than they are. Warning people that "they must be careful because they could go hypo" people have extrapolated that in their own minds to be a problem with metformin for some strange reason. mainly because unfortunately this industry and "sport" are filled with those just begging to be told what to think and believe instead of doing some actual research.

This entire misconception was bred by those selling GDA's in order to make them sound more effective than they are. Warning people that "they must be careful because they could go hypo" people have extrapolated that in their own minds to be a problem with metformin for some strange reason. mainly because unfortunately this industry and "sport" are filled with those just begging to be told what to think and believe instead of doing some actual research.

its not just that I recommend to every fat nurse that asks my "fat loss tips"
and they all think Met will make you hypo.

its not just that I recommend to every fat nurse that asks my "fat loss tips"

and they all think Met will make you hypo.

That's just terrifying / pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just terrifying / pathetic.

You are right. I was actually talking about Metformim with my mom - who has been on Met for years. I was telling her about studies have shown many health benefits and that I was thinking that everyone should consider a regimen.
Evidently she spoke with her doctor at her next appointment and her DOCTOR told her about all the "scary side-effects" one being going hypo.
There is no way in hell that I could convince my mom that her doc is wrong - but it scares the hell out of me that a very well respected doctor would either be so - irresponsible or ignorant / uninformed.
I have tried to tell mom many times that with the limitless amount of information that can be found online - you don't have to just take the word of your physician as gospel any longer. In fact its WISE to question everything.

You are right. I was actually talking about Metformim with my mom - who has been on Met for years. I was telling her about studies have shown many health benefits and that I was thinking that everyone should consider a regimen.
Evidently she spoke with her doctor at her next appointment and her DOCTOR told her about all the "scary side-effects" one being going hypo.
There is no way in hell that I could convince my mom that her doc is wrong - but it scares the hell out of me that a very well respected doctor would either be so - irresponsible or ignorant / uninformed.
I have tried to tell mom many times that with the limitless amount of information that can be found online - you don't have to just take the word of your physician as gospel any longer. In fact its WISE to question everything.

Well if doctors are spouting that info I can understand how its misunderstood . . . then again look at their view of Test. They think an HRT dose is gonna kill you.

Anyone use fenugeek as a gda? I've got a ton of 600mg pills just not sure if it's worth it or not? If so what dose how many times per day? Thanks

Anyone use fenugeek as a gda? I've got a ton of 600mg pills just not sure if it's worth it or not? If so what dose how many times per day? Thanks

I've heard of people using it but never got an exact dosage. I would just try a pill with each carb meal for a bit, then try 2 pills and so on till you get sides or find the sweet spot.

Most Dr's spew back up what their drug rep with the biggest tits says.

Forgive my ignorance but what is a GDA and what are its benefits?

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Forgive my ignorance but what is a GDA and what are its benefits?

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

my brother ...GDA's are supplements like alpha lipoic acid, cinnamon and gymnema sylvestre which can be used with metformin, helping to break down and store glucose. glucose disposal agents are supposed to enhance the way insulin breaks down and shuttles nutrients. (he may have specific brands in mind like Slin-Shot or Slintensity, that i do not use. mods please edit those product names if they are not to be mentioned on PM)

Metformin very different than insulin and usually does not cause low blood sugar/hypoglycemia - below is a rudimentary insulin backstory:
(insulin is a functional protein made up of two chains of amino acids, but the way it's chains are folded makes it a signaling mechanism. insulin signals your body cells receptors to open their gate. your muscle fibers/cells are lined with insulin receptors - they're like tiny docking stations. when an insulin molecule docks onto the receptor it signals the muscle cell to open that gate, allowing all your glucose, bcaa's, creatine and other supplements you hopefully purchased from PM sponsors to enter the muscle. it prompts blood vessels to relax, which causes them to dilate allowing more blood to reach the muscles. then it also increases protein synthesis - building muscle tissue from everything that just entered.)

the dark side of insulin (not going to discuss hypoglycemia/possible coma) is that INSULIN can also build up fat cells. when released from pancreas or injected, insulin signals the body it has just been fed. because the body is always trying to spare energy, that halts the burning of stored fat for energy in favor of using all the nutrients you just ingested. when the insulin docks onto fat cells, it increases the uptake of glucose and fats causing the body to store more fat. if you don't know when and how to use it, use PM search engine. or don't use it.

P.S.

again metformin does not act on the body the same way insulin does. high insulin levels clear out the majority of glucose in the blood by pushing it into muscle and fat cells. this can cause a condition known as hypoglycemia. your energy crashes. it can be dangerous depending on where you are related to carb sources. (like hiking) the idea presented of individuals not going hypo depends on your personal health. you may be pre-diabetic without knowing it or suffer from low blood glucose and going periods without eating can lead to fainting.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

Last edited:
If you research sides of metformin you will find that it can cause low blood sugar ( hypoglycemia ) in some.

If you research sides of metformin you will find that it can cause low blood sugar ( hypoglycemia ) in some.

Yes it can happen. It's going to be moreso with those that are fasting and or doing some extensive working out. Or a combination of both. Even then, without MET, one would more than likely go hypo.

In contrast, those that have reactive hypoglycemia. These individuals can experience an insulin dump or have an impaired glucagon response. This is more rare type of cases.

My wife, has reactive hypoglycemia. She's gone hypo a few times on MET.

Thanks Stewie. Just because it doesn't happen to most people doesn't mean it can not happen. Why is that so hard to understand. It's in the medical literature from the medicine itself.

Deprenyl does several things for me
First it enhances my mind I think for a living basically as the VP of an automation firm it helps dramatically with my focus and ability to rapidly concept solutions.
Second it fills a gap so to say when you finally stop taking large amounts of Anabolics. Once you get over the fear of muscle loss what you generally are left with is disappointment in your libido. Enter deprenyl = problem solved
Third is the fact that by all evidence it will effectively block mental decline it later years and likely significantly increase life span.

So in short good things both short and long term.

the thing is you will have to take it for LIFE!!!

was doing dopamine research and found that just one dose of deprenyl will stop endo dopamine production for 24 hrs and it will not return to baseline for 2 full weeks!

the neuro stuff is super important.
im sure you know there is direct correlation between age and decline in dopamine and death...

no/low dopamine=dead body. lol

I take and have taken tons of stuff that effects dopamine.

I personally feel that taking things that help your body to produce more of its own chems is the way to go vs pharms which generally shut down your production.

dep is interesting there are a lot of buts to consider and think about in the big picture with all answers truly unknown. lol

:love:

the thing is you will have to take it for LIFE!!!

was doing dopamine research and found that just one dose of deprenyl will stop endo dopamine production for 24 hrs and it will not return to baseline for 2 full weeks!

the neuro stuff is super important.
im sure you know there is direct correlation between age and decline in dopamine and death...

no/low dopamine=dead body. lol

I take and have taken tons of stuff that effects dopamine.

I personally feel that taking things that help your body to produce more of its own chems is the way to go vs pharms which generally shut down your production.

dep is interesting there are a lot of buts to consider and think about in the big picture with all answers truly unknown. lol

:love:

Would this be true for adderall as well?

Yes it can happen. It's going to be moreso with those that are fasting and or doing some extensive working out. Or a combination of both. Even then, without MET, one would more than likely go hypo.

In contrast, those that have reactive hypoglycemia. These individuals can experience an insulin dump or have an impaired glucagon response. This is more rare type of cases.

My wife, has reactive hypoglycemia. She's gone hypo a few times on MET.

If you are on Met. have carbs and get an insulin dump, after your liver isn't able to respond with glucose in theory can happen to anyone on therapy no?

That is possible of Met making you go hypo....
But Taking met then going hypo right after you take pill isn't the same or what most people are referring to.

If you are on Met. have carbs and get an insulin dump, after your liver isn't able to respond with glucose in theory can happen to anyone on therapy no?

But Taking met then going hypo right after you take pill isn't the same or what most people are referring to.

acute cases of metformin causig hypo are very rare, and if your one of the few who this happens to, you may end up a case study in the endocrine journals.

The incidents rates of reactions of becoming hypo is vastly as equal to the galactic alignment axis of equinoxes and solstices. Which is approximately 71.5 years :p

In other's words, it's rare. For most it's not going to happen unless described by the aforementioned.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws