mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Clothing and Bodybuilder appearance?

do you guys have gh gut?

when i wear baggy clothes i don't look fat at all, no belly sticking out and just from the definition in the arms/face you can see when someones fat...

i think you guys might beholding body fat and not know it, this is the first I've heard of this , i always wear baggy shirts (XL) and i can tell when someones fat too

I think a lot of guys just like feeling as if they cant wear "normal" clothes. Its not really all that hard to find clothes that fit.

do you guys have gh gut?

when i wear baggy clothes i don't look fat at all, no belly sticking out and just from the definition in the arms/face you can see when someones fat...

i think you guys might beholding body fat and not know it, this is the first I've heard of this , i always wear baggy shirts (XL) and i can tell when someones fat too

an XL shirt is baggy on you?

Shirts are such a pain in the ass.. I'm 6'2 235 right now so they're either too short, too tight, too boxy, etc.

I stick with a lot of xxl nike dri fit polos. They fit pretty well and showcase the guns but aren't so form fitting I look like a douche.

For t shirts I just get those soft mossimo shirts from target and get them a size larger so they aren't squeezing my arms.

Jeans are easier because I have found what works.

Jeans are usually cinch or levi 514s. They're the only two kinds I can find a size 33x36.

If you go to a western store that sells cinch they actually have some nice styles in odd sizes, they are expensive but the one nice thing you never have to worry about is having enough room in the ass of the jeans lol.. which is a problem with many other brands I have tried.

Last edited:
You get called skinny when you wear fitted clothing...at 215? Come on man, I think your body dismorphia (we all have it here) is coming into play. I think people are saying you look skinny as a compliment (what they really mean is you look trim and athletic) and you are taking it as 'your small'. If you are a lean 215 with low bodyfat percentage you should look pretty sexy at 215 in fitted clothing...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Professional Muscle mobile app

Dezzy, you are spot on with this! Outside of the community, people say things that translate to us poorly. Example, a friend of ours just did a bikini show and got very lean, my wife says "she's jacked" and I laughed. Of course, this did not go over well with the wife as she took it as I was making fun of her....I was. I said she is lean, not jacked, which pissed her off even more. She doesn't care about terminology like most people, it only matters to US.
People tell me they can tell I've lost weight and have gotten smaller, used to bug me. Then I realized they're right, I've lost fat and have gotten smaller. They mean it as a compliment.

do you guys have gh gut?

Im not 6% bodyfat, but im between 10% to 12% bodyfat. 5'11 212-215.

For reference Jeans that fit right for me are 33x30.

I got decent size in Chest,Back and Thighs.

The thing is i Feel weird when i wear Slim fit Stuff, its really tight.

People cant tell When you wear Baggy things. I went to the doctors and was wearing Baggy clothes.

As soon as i remove my clothes, The doctor said: OMG your muscular with wide open eyes.

This reinforce the Fact that im Lean. Not fat.

Fat people Look Fat in Baggie clothes.

Lean people Look Like they float in Baggie Clothes.

I used to be fat, but i learned about Lower Carb diet and it got me lean.Now i follow a year round Low carb diet.

Macros affect Body shape.

Someone who is on a High protein, medium fats, low carb diet will look different than someone who is on a High Carb, Medium protein , low fat diet.

Also i dont want to Tuck my shirt in, But when i do this, people say i look more muscular.

Tucking your shirt make you look more muscular because it slim down the waist as opposed to wearing it Untucked.

Last edited:
I'm always in a t-shirt.
Being super low class, borderline ghetto, means I never put myself in a situation where a suit or even nicer clothing would be needed.

My problem is with my t-shirts and it's clearly body dysmorphia based.
I'm 6'4 about 250 lbs..not big by 'our' standards--but not small by any means.
My absolute worst bodypart is biceps. Being tall means they never look 'big'. So to sorta hide it I always by t-shirts with somewhat loner sleeves.

Anybody know of a tshirt company that makes longer sleeves?
Just a little longer than your standard Walmart/Tshirt.

I'd be willing to spend a little more to find a good cut.

Even with a thin shirt like a plain old T it should be obvious if you have big shoulders, traps, and pecs, no matter what the shirt size...even in a sweatshirt you should look thick and broad up too and taper down...

If you have a double chin and tummy pushing your shirt out past your pecs then of course you'll look fat...

Not so sure it's the clothes?

I personally alter almost all my clothes myself.

I grew up with many sisters and I learned. Having all my clothes altered would cost a ton of money so i learned to do it myself and I can make adjustments as needed.

Since most guys cant do that you will have to get them altered. It is going to be costly so its best to invest in higher quality clothes so they last a long time.

For dress shirts the hardest thing to alter is the collar so as long as the collar and sleeves ( length) fit the rest can be altered easily.

Same thing goes for pants. Make sure the waist fits. The entire inseam can be altered. I buy nearly all my slacks uncut so i can hem them to the length i want.

Jeans. I like the levi's athletic cut jeans. I have a 31 inch waist and 26 inch quads and they a little snug but comfortable.

More expensive but ive founds pants that fit well at bonobos.

Online J crew factor does good with either the jeans/chino bleeker fit or the one bigger then that. Same goes for there shorts- 9 inch inseam to show off some lower quad but i wont go shorter then that.

It really sucks when your neck is up past the limit of 18 or so since you have to go to the big and tall section and then the waist is like a damn parachute! My neck was up around 20 inches and was too cheap to pay to have them fitted so I just doubled up the shirt in the back, folded it over a time or two so the waist looked good at least from the front. If you wear a suit coat over it then you cant tell too bad. It must be nice to do all your own work!

It really sucks when your neck is up past the limit of 18 or so since you have to go to the big and tall section and then the waist is like a damn parachute! My neck was up around 20 inches and was too cheap to pay to have them fitted so I just doubled up the shirt in the back, folded it over a time or two so the waist looked good at least from the front. If you wear a suit coat over it then you cant tell too bad. It must be nice to do all your own work!

20 inch neck?! Damn bro. Im at 18 and have a hard enough time taking in shirts with that lol.

Spend the extra money and get them fitted bro. Spend a little bit more money on a dress shirt so its good quality and then have it taken in. Most places will do it for about $20bucks in china town. The drop on mine is about 48inch chest and 31 inch waist so 17inch drop is damn tough so even after you cut out the fabric you still have to bring it in on both sides not just the back. If you only need like a 8-10inch drop then you can get away with bringing it in on the back only.

Honestly i enjoy altering my clothes. I cant do sport coats that well and honestly they are expensive so id rather have a real professional do them but altering a dress shirt take me about 2 hours and i just put some music on and or talk on my ear piece when im doing it.

Basically the moral of this thread is - if you are a big guy and want to look good, expect to pay more than the average person for all of your clothing.

Go find yourself a good tailor.

Buy your clothing off season so you can get it discounted, it will offset the price of taking all your shit to the tailor for alterations.

As far as suits go, you're fucked if you aren't average. Best bet is to have a suit custom made from scratch. I have done it, the suit cost me about $800 but it was worth every penny because it fits like a GLOVE -- it looks 10x better than any guy in some Macy's or Jos A Banks off-the-rack crap.

AND - you can get it made with extra fabric, so you can have it taken out or taken back in for those seasons when your bulk lasts a little too long or you get super cut one year for a show, whatever the case may be.

This is exactly what im thinking.

When i wear baggy stuff I get called fat. When i wear Proper fitting clothes people tell me i lost weight and look skinny in person.

I want to buy clothes that look good for casual wearing, Evertime im not working. I dont want to dress in sweat pants and Hoodies like i used to do.

Do you wear Jeans? What brand and fit? Im not sure if i should buy Slim fit(levis 511) jeans or just regular 501(Straight leg).

Also its funny because when i lower the carbs, People look at my face and tell me- wow you lost weight it look in your face.

But i got a big Body with a Lean face.

Im asking this, because by first impression i Attract Overweight women.

Slim and tall women dont seem interested.

You want to dress well? First, stop making your clothing selections based on what you think makes you look big. That is a surefire way to make you look like an idiot, like you have no sense of style, or both.

Once you start choosing clothing based on what actually makes you look good (according to normal societal standards) and not what makes you look big, you will immediately improve your appearance by 10-fold and open up a whole new world on options.

Furthermore, when non-bodybuilders say things like "you look like you lost weight"...or "you look slimmer", what they are most often saying is that you don't look as fat as you did before. They are not saying you look less muscular.

You are what you are. If you think you look too small when wearing properly fitted clothing (according to society), then get bigger, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that even a guy with your stats, who dresses well, is going to be exactly what most women are looking for. So, rather than trying to look "big" try to look "good". For the most part this means tapered waists and proper fitting shoulders, along with a shirt length that doesn't go down to your knees (eliminate all shirts that make you look like you're wearing a tent) and form-fitting, but not tight pants.

Since most clothing manufacturers cater to those with little muscle mass and large midsections, this clothing is harder to find, but when you have a great physique, anything you wear--as long as it is properly fitted--is going to look good on you. It's like women who are lean with great proportions--just about anything they wear looks good on them, while fat women are constantly complaining that nothing looks good on them. They are always trying to hide their true selves by wearing "deceptive" clothing. As a bodybuilder you will never need to go this route. Your challenge is just the opposite--finding clothing that reveals your true self. This will only be accomplished with properly fitted clothes...and there just isn't that much out there for bodybuilders, or even those with athletic builds.

This means you may have to pay more and/or purposely seek out those items/brands that fit you well, but above all, get away from the "must look bigger in clothing" mentality that so many bodybuilders have today. If you have a great physique, baggy clothing does NOT make you look better. It may make you look bigger (and fatter), but certainly not better. Bodybuilders who dress like that are doing exactly what fat women do--trying to hide their true selves with deceptive clothing because they think properly fitted clothes makes them look too small. As a result, they end up looking like shit. If you have a great physique, then reveal it with properly fitted clothing. Don't hide it with baggy nonsense that just makes you look like clueless moron.

You will also find that when you stop focusing on looking big and instead start focusing on what makes you look good, that you will garner more respect from non-bodybuilding men and women (which is just about everyone). When bodybuilders wear baggy or super tight clothing they either look like they have no sense of style or like they are showing off. The former will be perceived as a goofball and the later as an egotistical asshole. Rather than assuming those roles, try to fit in with everyone else by wearing normal, but properly fitted clothes and you will gain many compliments, while making others think you're MORE THAN just another bodybuilder obsessed with his body.

yup, i keep my waist small, 200lbs, 5'7'', very lean

nice and baggy

an XL shirt is baggy on you?

Exactly. It's nothing to do with the waist. My waist measures big but in a tight shirt it will look slim due to my proportions. My shoulders/arms haven't fit in an XL shirt for many years and I am not huge by any means.

I think a lot of guys just like feeling as if they cant wear "normal" clothes. Its not really all that hard to find clothes that fit.

I understand when guys laugh at these sort of threads. Plus it doesn't even sound like the OP is really big and could probably and easily get some nice clothes if he wanted to. As MA posted it sounds more like he is obsessed with looking big as opposed to just getting nice clothes. But this is a major problem for me mainly due to my height. Even when I was skinny I had issues in certain clothes. Now I am 250 pounds it's near on impossible for me to get certain things. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I don't care what people think (wear hoodies most of the time) but I also like to look nice.

Everytime I am back in the UK I usually go shopping and come back with a pair of shoes :eek: I really like Versace and have one 3XL top that fits and now in their new range even the 3XL's are far too small (they don't want fat people in their clothes). When the sales were on I remember trying on the biggest sized coat Hugo Boss had and it was too small and a complete bargain. Even the bargain basement shops like Primark are the same. When I was going on holiday I tried on about 10 pairs of beach shorts and not a single one fit me. There are a few bodybuilding brands coming up so I imagine they would be good. I just bought two vests from Ryder Wear that fit.

Epoxy just summed it up perfectly. Although pay extra for tailoring but the expensive ready to buy brands tend to be even smaller fitting than the cheap ones.

Shirts are such a pain in the ass.. I'm 6'2 235 right now so they're either too short, too tight, too boxy, etc.

I stick with a lot of xxl nike dri fit polos. They fit pretty well and showcase the guns but aren't so form fitting I look like a douche.

For t shirts I just get those soft mossimo shirts from target and get them a size larger so they aren't squeezing my arms.

Jeans are easier because I have found what works.

Jeans are usually cinch or levi 514s. They're the only two kinds I can find a size 33x36.

If you go to a western store that sells cinch they actually have some nice styles in odd sizes, they are expensive but the one nice thing you never have to worry about is having enough room in the ass of the jeans lol.. which is a problem with many other brands I have tried.

I also like cinch jeans. Fit pretty well. Form fitting but not everly douche bag like. And like you said, they seem to have many sizes that most others don't. I buy mine at a local feed and farm supply store. Great for everyday wear or outdoor work.

This is my problem too. My neck is around 19 1/4 inches but my waist is 35. buying a size 19 or 20 shirt ends up coming down to my knees and having a ton of extra material. My grandmother used to be a seamstress so I have her take them in for me

Levis and one of those plain shirts forgot the brand. The key is to have broad developed shoulders and arms compared to the rest of your body and be lean af. Only thing that pisses me off is when I buy a shirt thats actually my size i look like a wigger because its down to my knees. smh.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner