over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does (LBM) Determine the Complete Size of a Bodybuilder

iam2big4me

Newbies
Lean Body Mass (LBM) is a crucial component in bodybuilding, but to what extent does it determine the overall size of a bodybuilder. Do you believe LBM is the primary determinant of a bodybuilder's overall size?

Recently did a dexa scan my first one my lbm was 178 at 22 percent bodyfat. Now after dieting down for 3 months Im at 167 lbm at 12 percent bodyfat.

I was disappointed in such a lbm loss. What has your experiences been? Thanks

Based on your username you are too big for yourself.

Based on your so called DEXA results you actually would have gained muscle while losing that much weight as the math doesn’t add up as you would be 160.2 if you truly lost 10% bodyfat only.

How about post up some before and after pics so we can speed things along.

No disrespect it is only a user name. Just looking to other peoples experiences. Basically I was at around 230 total weight at 22% bodyfat now at about 195 at 12- 14 % bodyfat. Just seems to me you lose alot of lbm dieting.

Not sure where numbers are wrong? Thx

How does one get too big for himself? Confucius say.

Taller guys with big bones & great genetics = mass monsters (Dorian, Ronnie, Marcus, Rubiel, etc.)

Shorter guys can do it too (Lee Priest, Clarida, etc.)

What are you trying to do, get shredded or get big? (yes I know BOTH haha)

Haha I was thinking of this guy. Look at his neck then his fucking legs. Enormous.

View attachment 196847
look at those calves!!!! and I think yes the leaner a person is naturally he can eat more calories calories without getting fat. So he is naturally in a better position to gain muscle as a fatty most likely will have to drop more calories to lose fat and will also lose muscle in that process. Plus he will get fat faster until he gains so much muscle its hard to get fat, but that is no easy task. The is just a basic answer of course adding drugs would help tremendously.

No disrespect it is only a user name. Just looking to other peoples experiences. Basically I was at around 230 total weight at 22% bodyfat now at about 195 at 12- 14 % bodyfat. Just seems to me you lose alot of lbm dieting.

Losing 35 pounds on the scale in 3 months is pretty rapid, even for an advanced bodybuilder using PEDs.
If you really lost 11 pounds of lean mass in 3 months, it sounds like your dieting approach needs some work (some muscle loss is usually going to happen when dieting, but not that much. Some can gain muscle when dieting but this isn't usually the case - there are many variables here).
It sounds like you might have cut calories too quickly, maybe did too much cardio, maybe are natural, not enough protein, not enough training stimulus to prevent muscle loss, etc.
But the question in the title is like asking which is a bigger bag of potatoes - the 5 pound bag or the 10 pound bag.

Yes, having muscle is very important for the size of the bodybuilder… lol

Do you like how you look in the mirror? That's what matters. Weight, lbm, bf can track progress. But there are guys with tons of lbm who don't look good. Imo about balance, aesthetics, staying lean

So was it 230lb to 195lb… or was it 178lb to 167lb per your initial post? LOL

LBM of course is the most important, but bone structure is also very important for appearance.

So was it 230lb to 195lb… or was it 178lb to 167lb per your initial post? LOL
I started my dieting journey at a total weight of 230 pounds with approximately 22% body fat. This put my Lean Body Mass (LBM) at around 178 pounds.

After committing to a strict diet for a little over three months, or about 13 weeks, my weight dropped to 193 pounds with an estimated body fat percentage of 12%.
This resulted in my LBM decreasing to 169 pounds.

As someone pointed out earlier, it seems I may have dieted too aggressively, leading to a more significant loss in LBM than anticipated. Currently, I weigh between 195-200 pounds and am focused on building back my lean body mass.

LBM of course is the most important, but bone structure is also very important for appearance.
Yea, I haveva few traing partners with LBM similiar to me but look way bigger. A person's skeletal structure can greatly influence how muscle mass is distributed and how the body's proportions are perceived, ultimately impacting the aesthetic appeal of a physique. Some guys symetry is such a gift. Damn it...

I started my dieting journey at a total weight of 230 pounds with approximately 22% body fat. This put my Lean Body Mass (LBM) at around 178 pounds.

After committing to a strict diet for a little over three months, or about 13 weeks, my weight dropped to 193 pounds with an estimated body fat percentage of 12%.
This resulted in my LBM decreasing to 169 pounds.

As someone pointed out earlier, it seems I may have dieted too aggressively, leading to a more significant loss in LBM than anticipated. Currently, I weigh between 195-200 pounds and am focused on building back my lean body mass.
So what was your OP about then?

“Recently did a dexa scan my first one my lbm was 178 at 22 percent bodyfat. Now after dieting down for 3 months Im at 167 lbm at 12 percent bodyfat.”

Can you post screenshots of the baseline DEXA and the follow-up DEXA results? Whenever I get one of those done the technician gives me two copies. One for myself and one for my doctor.

So what was your OP about then?

“Recently did a dexa scan my first one my lbm was 178 at 22 percent bodyfat. Now after dieting down for 3 months Im at 167 lbm at 12 percent bodyfat.”
The point I was trying to make is that while I successfully reduced my body fat percentage, I also unintentionally lost a significant amount of lean muscle mass.

This was surprising to me and made me realize that dieting too aggressively can lead to a loss of muscle mass along with fat. I'm currently working on building back my LBM while maintaining a healthier approach to dieting.

The other part of question was and maybe confusing was even with the loss of lean bodymass.

LBM is a crucial component in bodybuilding and certainly a primary determinant of overall size, it's not the only factor to consider.

Some people may lose more LBM during dieting, but other factors like muscle distribution, bone structure, and overall proportions can influence how noticeable this loss is in their appearance.

Guess my original post was 🤔 🤯.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp