advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does your leg size match your AAS dosage?

My personal opinion is that limbs respond best to blood volume training...getting a good pump in them and trying to keep it there. Yes lots of volume, maybe a tad higher rep range or maybe something like FST training where you do a few heavy hard sets then an all out pump sets, anyways I think you are moving in the right direction (just my personal opinion).
So for legs/arms higher volume. What about side and rear delts for you?

So for legs/arms higher volume. What about side and rear delts for you?
Rear delt I do one exercise 3 sets, I don't do much because they are hit indirectly on back day
Side delts - 4 sets of lateral raises and that's it, not a big muscle so I don't do much, stimulate and recover, that's it.

Rear delt I do one exercise 3 sets, I don't do much because they are hit indirectly on back day
Side delts - 4 sets of lateral raises and that's it, not a big muscle so I don't do much, stimulate and recover, that's it.
Sorry I meant higher reprange for limbs and side/rears

Sorry I meant higher reprange for limbs and side/rears
Side and rear delts are a 10-15 rep range. Arms and legs higher volume and 10-30 rep range.

this is a great question but I’m not sure I can give an exact answer. I’ve used heavy cycles, light cycle, medium sized but I’ve can say I’ve always consistently taken my leg training serious and hard as possible without serious injury. As of most presently I’m dealing with major sciatic pain in my right leg that’s been partying for a few months now. Just not sure if it’s from a slipped disk or bone spur in my foot. I can say for years I was all about heavy weight and constantly beating PR’s but at low low reps and also doing so even if sabatiging my form. What worked best and lead to the most gains was finding exercises that I actually worked for me and I fwlt and seen worked for me. On top of increasing my reps and going to failure or close to failure. But listening to my body and letting it rests when it needed it is what has kept me goin after all my prior injuries. So here’s my most recent leg pic last fall

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3642.jpeg
    IMG_3642.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 43
Here’s another one from same time period that’s a litttle better. I’ve always felt my quads were good so I’ve been really trying to focus bringing up my hams and also the thickness of my overall legs. So I’m especially slowing my contractions and doing seated leg curls both single leg and double leg versions switching in and out and also variations of RDL’s

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpeg
    IMG_3539.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 36
To be honest, not by a long shot. My legs, especially my hams, are a lacking bodypart, right after my arms. I'm a strong low bar squatter and love my dead lifts (conventional, sumo, SLDL, RDL) from my powerlifting upbringing - I have a hard time losing the powerlifting mindset of using the whole body as a unit to move weight, compared to the bodybuilder mindset of isolating muscles, concentrating precisely on contracting each muscle.

I didn't have the issue with my back or my upper body - Imho the back is my best part, I just seem to be good at isolating and focusing on lats, traps, rhomboids, rear delts etc. With my legs - I just can't seem to let go.

Maybe i need to ditch the barbell and go for machines only, starting at baby weights and focus purely on mind muscle connection. But man, I suck at leaving the ego at the door, gotta be honest here.

To be honest, not by a long shot. My legs, especially my hams, are a lacking bodypart, right after my arms. I'm a strong low bar squatter and love my dead lifts (conventional, sumo, SLDL, RDL) from my powerlifting upbringing - I have a hard time losing the powerlifting mindset of using the whole body as a unit to move weight, compared to the bodybuilder mindset of isolating muscles, concentrating precisely on contracting each muscle.

I didn't have the issue with my back or my upper body - Imho the back is my best part, I just seem to be good at isolating and focusing on lats, traps, rhomboids, rear delts etc. With my legs - I just can't seem to let go.

Maybe i need to ditch the barbell and go for machines only, starting at baby weights and focus purely on mind muscle connection. But man, I suck at leaving the ego at the door, gotta be honest here.
So when you squat what type of rep range do you have? Do you do low reps? Or do you stay withing 8-12 rep range?

I spent almost two decades competing in strength sports before I retired from that and competed in bodybuilding.

It took me a long time to mentally retrain myself into lifting in a way which biased the muscles I wanted to grow.

All I can say is that it's worth it. Because it's not just about building legs, it's about being able to adapt.

Embrace the challenge, as you get older life will present a lot of challenges to adapt to. You either adapt or you get hurt one way or another.

I’m happy this thread was created because of course I had to take a recentt pic to show my up to date legs look. So I literally just got outta the gym 20mins ago. The pics are after I finished my leg workout so they’re pumped beyond belief so the cuts aren’t there just insane fullness and vascularity . But here goes todays leg pic and they’re is 2 from different types of lighting and mirrors

Attachments

• IMG_4580.jpeg
    IMG_4580.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4582.jpeg
    IMG_4582.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 40
It's a conditioning thing, separation comes with having lower bodyfat. Some people just hold fat differently than others.
I don't believe that. If you are fully vascular, then you are conditioned. Separation comes from constant flexing, learning/teaching the muscle to separate in poses. Every person that practices constant posing/muscle control, has good separation. All the people that don't do that, have no separation, regardless how lean they are.

My personal opinion is that limbs respond best to blood volume training...getting a good pump in them and trying to keep it there. Yes lots of volume, maybe a tad higher rep range or maybe something like FST training where you do a few heavy hard sets then an all out pump sets, anyways I think you are moving in the right direction (just my personal opinion).
My belief 100% as well. You can observe it across the board - pros that favour heavy low rep sets have huge torso muscles (chest, delts, traps and especially back) with weak arms and legs while the pros that favour high reps with lower weights have massive arms and legs and smaller torso muscles.

I don't believe that. If you are fully vascular, then you are conditioned. Separation comes from constant flexing, learning/teaching the muscle to separate in poses. Every person that practices constant posing/muscle control, has good separation. All the people that don't do that, have no separation, regardless how lean they are.

Interesting you mention this. My legs are fairly lean. I never really flex my quads that much. I literally flexed them for the first time in ages for the pic I posted on here. Well other then flexing them when I do leg ext and hack squats. I'm going to attempt to flex and pose more.

So when you squat what type of rep range do you have? Do you do low reps? Or do you stay withing 8-12 rep range?

I mostly work in the 6-10 rep range. Rest-Pause Sets for the most part. I go as deep as possible, slow controlled eccentric.

I spent almost two decades competing in strength sports before I retired from that and competed in bodybuilding.

It took me a long time to mentally retrain myself into lifting in a way which biased the muscles I wanted to grow.

All I can say is that it's worth it. Because it's not just about building legs, it's about being able to adapt.

Embrace the challenge, as you get older life will present a lot of challenges to adapt to. You either adapt or you get hurt one way or another.

I tweaked my lower back playing with my little nephew and niece. Once this is healed I'll give one of John Meadows Legworkouts a try, and see how they work for me. John had a lot of things to say about legs 😅

There's a weak link on right extension movement.
I train similar to Brandon Curry, being strategic, choosing certain movements and train with close to all out intensity, or all out intensity, only when It seems like body can handle it.

If knee(s) feels sore , I don't risk it. Sometimes, think it's lack of estrogen, or overworked.

48 years old, 6'2", so I think I'm fairly okay at my doses.
Maybe...
You look great man! Whatever you are doing is working.

Attachments

• IMG_4209.jpeg
    IMG_4209.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4208.jpeg
    IMG_4208.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 20

Attachments

• IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 3

Staff online