over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MMA vs Weight lifter

So the guy who trains to fight won? Surely theres a misprint....

Brock was getting pancaked by NFL lineman when he tried out. Only made practice squad.

Another bad example would be Bobby Lashley. As far as I know, he didn't have much combat experience prior to WWE/TNA. He's 15-1 in MMA right now. Having muscles isn't a disadvantage at least. Lashley's advantage is that he is a freak athlete too.

Jose Aldo would destroy Big Ramy in a street fight.

Not guaranteed. All Ramy would have to do is get ahold of him and choke him out or break his neck etc. Easily

So the guy who trains to fight won? Surely theres a misprint....

Exactly...

Would be like the MMA fighter outlifting and looking more jacked then the bodybuilder during the workout.

Lesson learned?

Start incorporating fighting/conditioning training into your workout if you dont want to look like a fool defending yourself.

Goes to show you there is no point in street fighting (unless of course defending yourself or loved ones). So much can go wrong and for what? 2 lives are now over/ruined because of this stupidity.

It amazes me the amount of powerlifters and bodybuilders that think big muscles means they can fight. We had many come into various kickboxing and MMA gyms over the years. Some would even bring their girlfriends to watch them spar and rough us up. Time after Time these people would be knocked out, choked unconscious, or arm barred fairly easily in front of their girlfriends. There are many videos of buff guys getting dropped outside clubs by much smaller guys. Strength is only one component of what a fighter needs to master. Strength, conditioning, striking skill set, wrestling skill set, submission hold skill sets, reversal skill sets, maintaining dominant position skill set.

Weights don't hit back. Big muscles are false confidence.

Possibly...but youre still more advantaged then the average joe predator/thug/etc.

Possibly...but youre still more advantaged then the average joe predator/thug/etc.

point exactly. off course skilled/trained fighters have an advantage. all skills being roughly the same the bigger stronger guy will always have the advantage. this is why we have weight classes.

Goes to show you there is no point in street fighting (unless of course defending yourself or loved ones). So much can go wrong and for what? 2 lives are now over/ruined because of this stupidity.

There's a lot of angry people out there who have this constant need to show their masculinity. A lot of the time, it comes out when they get drunk and want to fight someone for no reason. I'm glad I've never been one of these people.

There's a lot of angry people out there who have this constant need to show their masculinity. A lot of the time, it comes out when they get drunk and want to fight someone for no reason. I'm glad I've never been one of these people.

Those guys better tread softly...in concealed/open carry states they can be shot

Last edited:
Those guys better tread softly...in concealed/open carry states they can be shot

Exactly. Those types are few and far between here in CO. Keyboard ninjas are abundant tho.

Exactly. Those types are few and far between here in CO. Keyboard ninjas are abundant tho.

Guys like that are few and far between in CO because CO has legal cannabis :D

Lesnar is not just some really strong big dude - one of the most fundamental skills for fighting is wrestling - Lesnar is a world class all American wrestler first and foremost

A lot of winning a fight has to do with mindset , eventually everyone will cross paths with someone they underestimate and get beat down.

I avoid physical confrontation at all cost because any confrontation I get into there is a gun involved because I'm always armed. I do believe in escalation of force so if some keyboard cowboy or dumb shit from the local Graci studio wants to test his oat I'm not immediately going to draw down , BUT with moderate fighting skills substantial strength and the mindset to win at all cost it's not going to end well. If it comes to the point I have to put my hands on you it's going to be a life altering event for you , probably for me as well

Fighting is stupid unless you have to defend yourself or others , I'd much rather go buy a few beers and talk it over.

Not guaranteed. All Ramy would have to do is get ahold of him and choke him out or break his neck etc. Easily

Lol! Ramey would be out before he knew what happend. A bodybuilder would be the worst choice. A strongman competitor or even a cross fit type would be more suited to a fight. A 300+ lbs dude with horrible cardio/conditioning is not good for fighting.

What, for even a second would make you think that he would know how to sink, tighten and then hold a basic rnc?

Unless you grapple, it's not nearly as easy as it looks, especially if someone knows how to roll out of it.

Do you know which way to roll out?

A lot of winning a fight has to do with mindset

Nah...

Fights are totally chaotic and unpredictable. It's about skills and some luck.

Always try to avoid it. If you can't, hit first, hit hard and go for balls, eyes, throat, chin, etc... Then get the fuck out of there.

It amazes me the amount of powerlifters and bodybuilders that think big muscles means they can fight. We had many come into various kickboxing and MMA gyms over the years. Some would even bring their girlfriends to watch them spar and rough us up. Time after Time these people would be knocked out, choked unconscious, or arm barred fairly easily in front of their girlfriends. There are many videos of buff guys getting dropped outside clubs by much smaller guys. Strength is only one component of what a fighter needs to master. Strength, conditioning, striking skill set, wrestling skill set, submission hold skill sets, reversal skill sets, maintaining dominant position skill set.

Weights don't hit back. Big muscles are false confidence.

How and why, because you're bigger?

I've told this story before, but at 220, about 70 lbs over my natural weight, I started grappling. I was tough and could handle myself,....No, I couldn't!

Everyone smashed me, guys that were 120 and even girls. I was by far the most muscular and strongest guy, but all they had to do was tie me up, avoid me and frustrate me for a minute or so and it was over.

Big guys stop by all the time, roll for a day or two then never come back. Getting thrashed daily, by everyone in the gym gets old Very quick. Only a few stick around and it's Always the most unassuming guys, the ones that you'd elbow past in a bar and never look back at, ever, that'll put the biggest hurt on you.

Being a jarhead, I wasn't about to quit. It was totally discouraging, but after a few months I was lasting / defending the entire round. A few months later and I actually tapped someone. He was a newbie, but it was Great!

If anyone ever thinks that they're tough, stop by a gym one weekend for Open Mat and test yourself. You'll be surprised how easily you'll gas. You can't train cardio for grappling with Anything other than grappling.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131