over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MMA vs Weight lifter

It amazes me the amount of powerlifters and bodybuilders that think big muscles means they can fight. We had many come into various kickboxing and MMA gyms over the years. Some would even bring their girlfriends to watch them spar and rough us up. Time after Time these people would be knocked out, choked unconscious, or arm barred fairly easily in front of their girlfriends. There are many videos of buff guys getting dropped outside clubs by much smaller guys. Strength is only one component of what a fighter needs to master. Strength, conditioning, striking skill set, wrestling skill set, submission hold skill sets, reversal skill sets, maintaining dominant position skill set.

Weights don't hit back. Big muscles are false confidence.

It amazes me the amount of powerlifters and bodybuilders that think big muscles means they can fight. We had many come into various kickboxing and MMA gyms over the years. Some would even bring their girlfriends to watch them spar and rough us up. Time after Time these people would be knocked out, choked unconscious, or arm barred fairly easily in front of their girlfriends. There are many videos of buff guys getting dropped outside clubs by much smaller guys. Strength is only one component of what a fighter needs to master. Strength, conditioning, striking skill set, wrestling skill set, submission hold skill sets, reversal skill sets, maintaining dominant position skill set.

Weights don't hit back. Big muscles are false confidence.

A good example would be Brock Lesnar. He did ok in MMA but never really as good as you would think. The guy is very big and strong and a great wrestler but didn't have the stand up skills or the submission experience he needed. Smaller guys beat him.

A good example would be Brock Lesnar. He did ok in MMA but never really as good as you would think. The guy is very big and strong and a great wrestler but didn't have the stand up skills or the submission experience he needed. Smaller guys beat him.

I agree that big muscles don't equal a good fighter...but let's give Lesnar credit where credit is due.....The guy was UFC Heavyweight champion. He lost to Frank Mir due to lack of experience, but whooped Franks ass in the rematch. He showed a lot of heart when he fought Shane Carwin. He toughed it out and won the fight. And yes...he did lose to a smaller guy like Cain Velasquez who had far superior striking skills, but Cain is 6'1" and usually fights at about 240 lbs...not exactly a small guy. Did Lesnar eventually get beat by guys with superior MMA skills....he sure did. But I still admire the guy for what he achieved.

One wicked wheel kick, wow. I think I would have thrown my hands up after taking that and said I yield. The article said they were fighting about what was more important, strength or fighting experience. I think the guy would have quit if his opponent surrendered.

Makes me wonder if there was alcohol involved.

Brock Lesnar is probably not a good example to use as a guy who was big, and got his ass handed to him.

1. Brock Lesnar is and was a complete freak of nature. A guy who has the speed of a running back and weighs 280-300 lbs is not normal. It is unquestionable; and you can ask any hall of famer UFC fighter that if Brock Lesnar originally started off in MMA, he'd undoubtedly be the most dominant fighter anyone would ever see.

2. Brock was a 2 time All American; and anyone who ever wrestled with him will tell you how freaky, and strong the man was. No average mma weekend warrior is taking on Brock Lesnar and winning.

I guess there's a huge difference between Jimmy Dbol whose 260 lbs juiced to the gills and can barely climb a flight of stairs, and Brock Lesnar who dominated the heavyweight division during his short stint with a wrestling background and very little striking ability, but a mindset to fight, and some of the freakiest genetics to ever be seen in any sport.

I agree that big muscles don't equal a good fighter...but let's give Lesnar credit where credit is due.....The guy was UFC Heavyweight champion. He lost to Frank Mir due to lack of experience, but whooped Franks ass in the rematch. He showed a lot of heart when he fought Shane Carwin. He toughed it out and won the fight. And yes...he did lose to a smaller guy like Cain Velasquez who had far superior striking skills, but Cain is 6'1" and usually fights at about 240 lbs...not exactly a small guy. Did Lesnar eventually get beat by guys with superior MMA skills....he sure did. But I still admire the guy for what he achieved.

Not to mention Diverticulitis and it's role in Lesnar's decline in the UFC. He was sick when he fought Cain and Overeem; Mismatched? Yes, but also very sick when he fought them.

Agree. Lesnar was battling a tough disease those last two fights.

Exactly. Brock Lesnar is definitely not someone who can not fight. Anyone who has been UFC Champion at any weight can fight. Now he may not be great when looking at all the pro's in MMA. Well let me put it this way I definitely wouldn't want to fight him :eek::D

I only just noticed the guy died. Just goes to show you how pointless fighting is unless you are defending your loved ones.

One wicked wheel kick, wow. I think I would have thrown my hands up after taking that and said I yield. The article said they were fighting about what was more important, strength or fighting experience. I think the guy would have quit if his opponent surrendered.

Given that he smashed the fuck out of his head at least 4 times on concrete while he was already completely out cold, I do not think that is the case

Both are fucking retarded for fighting like this, but consciously continuing the attack like that is the difference between a thug and a murderer, what a scum bag

Last edited:

Lesnar has a legit college wrestling record too. That helped tremendously. Rumors are he may come back but with the new random drug testing the UFC is doing I don't think so.

Yeah fighting is definitely never worth it unless self defense. Many people are in prison now for actions like we see in the video. Random acts of stupid violence.

Last edited:
Lesnar has a legit college wrestling record too. That helped tremendously. Rumors are he may come back but with the new random drug testing the UFC is doing I don't think so.

Yeah, I am a big fan of him and knew about his college record. I think he finished 2nd in the nation his senior year. He just doesn't seem to have enough experience in MMA to be the best and I don't think he wants to settle for less than that. Another thing, why get the shit beat out of you when you can just do pro wrestling and make just as much or more money. The guy is a gold mine!

you only need to watch the Roger Huerta video of him knocking that dude twice his size out to know skill will always win over size (although you dont see the actual fight, just Roger going up to him, and then the big dude out cold)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0U6m23YTw"]ONE PUNCH K.O. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131