over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rambo 2.0: Taking it to the Next Level

Last night I trained at a gym for the first time in 6 months. My last workout was 2/22/19 in my training log, last night 8/23/19.

I did 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of squats, 2 sets overhead press, 3 sets of rows, 3 sets of shrugs, and 3 sets of db curls. Felt great getting a workout in after such a long break.

Joined the local planet fitness and it was my first day there. Enjoyed it since there wasn't much of anyone there. I had the smith machine all to myself which is what I use for all the compound movements (bench, squat, press, row, and shrug).

Welcome back :headbang:

Get it Big Rambo. I’m glad you’re back in the gym. Even if you don’t care to be a freak it’s still one of the best things for your body and mind. Get those endorphins kicking it. [emoji1434]
Man JJ the rush to the brain is crazy, I felt great afterwards and it lasted for days it seemed. That uplifting, live feeling. Hard to explain.

I was going to train again on Sunday but DOMS like crazy. Will probably train tonight. I am following a strength program similar to one I used in high school for football as my base. It is all compound movements bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, squats, and I substituted shrugs in lieu of deadlifts. I am not trying to injure myself doing deadlifts, I am not a fan of them. Then I am adding my own isolation movements I like for arms mostly and other smaller muscles. That's the initial plan at least.

I also added fruits, nuts, creatine, bcaas, eaas, etc. back into my diet and supplements regimen. Eating cleaner of course now as well. I will need to get starting weight and pic. I still looked like I train even after 6 months of being off. I lost the look mostly but seemed to hold 90% of my size being on 125mg once a week of TRT which I am maintaing long term. Don't get me wrong, I was softer and arms are smaller, etc but I still looked in shape.

Last night I trained at a gym for the first time in 6 months. My last workout was 2/22/19 in my training log, last night 8/23/19.

I did 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of squats, 2 sets overhead press, 3 sets of rows, 3 sets of shrugs, and 3 sets of db curls. Felt great getting a workout in after such a long break.

Joined the local planet fitness and it was my first day there. Enjoyed it since there wasn't much of anyone there. I had the smith machine all to myself which is what I use for all the compound movements (bench, squat, press, row, and shrug).

Holy shit, same here, outside of some cardio here and there and running around with the kiddos. Wish I had a Smith at my house, lol!

I know that feeling man. I trained at planet fitness for 2 years and Mom doesn't have any free weights and I refuse to use a smith machine for much of anything. after that I didn't work out at all for a year. Now I finally joined crunch fitness a few months ago and I noticed that my grip is non-existent, is this my strength on all exercises. My first week back my bench squat and deadlift were all about a 225 max. That was as humiliating as can be. I'll never see my old numbers again but at least I'm getting some of it back.

Holy shit, same here, outside of some cardio here and there and running around with the kiddos. Wish I had a Smith at my house, lol!
Its literally all I need a smith machine lol. It feels great when you go back bro. I had done some push ups, db laterals, and db curls with some dbs I have at home there and there but that got old fast lol.

I know that feeling man. I trained at planet fitness for 2 years and Mom doesn't have any free weights and I refuse to use a smith machine for much of anything. after that I didn't work out at all for a year. Now I finally joined crunch fitness a few months ago and I noticed that my grip is non-existent, is this my strength on all exercises. My first week back my bench squat and deadlift were all about a 225 max. That was as humiliating as can be. I'll never see my old numbers again but at least I'm getting some of it back.
This PF has dumbbells but only up to 60lbs, so I just using 20-50lb for ancillary work. Then I use smith for all the core exercises. The smith is great brother, cross between control of a machine and the feel and resistance of free weights.

This PF has dumbbells but only up to 60lbs, so I just using 20-50lb for ancillary work. Then I use smith for all the core exercises. The smith is great brother, cross between control of a machine and the feel and resistance of free weights.

My new gym db's go up to 24kg (52.9lbs) which is the lowest I have ever seen not counting some crap hotel gyms. It only has 8 machine (all kinetic) as well but I really like them. No Smith machine but it has free barbells and a rack. I really like it though and started doing cardio for something different. It has astro turf and a slay so I have been doing that twice weekly. If you are inventive with cable stations and free weights there are 100's possibilities. It's a very modern gym and it states in the contract they forbid performance enhancers and will drug test the member if they suspect. I wasn't going to join as I don't like that discrimination. I am also a bit scared to train in a vest in the daytime when the workers are there :D It's always nice to train in a new gym though.

When does project Rambo mutation begin? Time to get HUGE :D

My new gym db's go up to 24kg (52.9lbs) which is the lowest I have ever seen not counting some crap hotel gyms. It only has 8 machine (all kinetic) as well but I really like them. No Smith machine but it has free barbells and a rack. I really like it though and started doing cardio for something different. It has astro turf and a slay so I have been doing that twice weekly. If you are inventive with cable stations and free weights there are 100's possibilities. It's a very modern gym and it states in the contract they forbid performance enhancers and will drug test the member if they suspect. I wasn't going to join as I don't like that discrimination. I am also a bit scared to train in a vest in the daytime when the workers are there :D It's always nice to train in a new gym though.

Your new gym sounds like the complete opposite of the gym you showed pics of several months ago that had a db rack with the heaviest dumbbells you just about had to move with a forklift because they are so heavy.

Goo to see you back rambo! I will be following you soon:headbang:

I wonder how long it’ll take those arms to blow up [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back.

so you didnt weight train for six months and kept 90% of your size despite losing muscle fullness and that pop look?, which would go away anyways whether you train or not , right?

Yes you can make it work as long as you have some type of resistance. Your new gym sounds very limited though.

I weighed in at 192lbs this morning so up a few lbs already from increasing food intake. I have a gut going though [emoji29]

Welcome back.

so you didnt weight train for six months and kept 90% of your size despite losing muscle fullness and that pop look?, which would go away anyways whether you train or not , right?

Yes pretty much sums it up. I was on TRT and training only twice a week prior to that and was still maintaining pretty damn well. What shocked me was after stopping training for another 6 months and still being able to maintain decent shape. Just shows that things aren't soo temporary.

So my workout is pretty basic,

Day A
Squats 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Rows 5x5

Day B
Squats 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Shrugs 1x5

Then I add ancillary work as needed. I like that I am squatting first every workout, feel like that will bring the legs up quick. Yesterday I did Day A and added some dumbbell delt work. I am just training hard and having fun. Not trying to be Mr. O or anything lol.

I will train alternating the days 3 times a week.

I ordered some whey, aminos, and creatine from Amazon. I'm increasing my protein and amino intake drastically. Creatine is the most effective on the shelf supp imo, so adding in 10gs a day to my intake is going to make a big difference.

Glad to see you back at it. You sound motivated!

Good to see you are back at it Rambo. Hitting the weights sure does feel good after a long layoff. Remember though...if you are trying to lose the gut and lower your bodyfat, take it easy with the weed. Nothing can stall your body fat loss efforts quite like going to the grocery store, or going out to dinner with a weed buzz on. Believe me, I know from experience. :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131