over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dips... opinions on using them for the chest

That's not Gironda style. Legs are forward and fingers face each other driving the arms out while dipping.

Haha sory my friend , i am not english , i learned english cause of bodybuilding

I see now how what i wrote confuse you

I finish off push day with dips most of the time.

I don’t have to load though, by my 3rd or 4th chest movement I’m fried.

(I might be a pussy though)

I wish I had dip bars here at home. I still remember doing them with about 80 lbs or so. I'd strap on a dumbell. One day I decided to just do another set at the end of the workout for a pump, using just my bodyweight. Wow what a feeling! Felt like I was on the moon and weighed nothing. First time I'd ever done it. I got between 30 and 40 reps. It really felt good on my muscles, getting all of that blood in there. Kinda like doing a sprint on my bike.

Brother I feel you there..I am absolutely contemplating the same thing as well. I have not been sick nor anywhere near sick ever since I stopped going to gym, all of my joint and tendon pain is gone and the quality of the brutal park workouts is astronomical with zero distractions and the biggest massive pumps I have ever got...and I just hit set after set after set with high reps of high quality best form triple drop sets per set with laser focus and no dealing with racking weights, waiting in line, dealing with the guy that is doing 20 sets on the ONLY squat rack in the gym type drama, dealing with potential germs and virus (which I had tonsillitis for months going to gym..which now suddenly disappeared)..NOT dealing with naked old men in locker rooms..I sleep much better now and the money is piling up..no bills and my free time is much better.
Oh and need I say this..cardio instead of being stuck on some machine watching the TV..now I do nature hikes in the rolling countryside forest. Something about the fresh air and the sun rising is doing wonders for cortisol lowering because I swear that a casual walk in the park BLOWS away a brutal intensive sweat drenching session on the treadmill..the fat is dropping off.
The only thing that I really LOVED to do in gym was the front squats free weight barbell and the benchpress and the deadlifts and the standing overhead barbell military presses.
There are really no substitutes for those beautiful old school free weight type exercises. I never worked machines..like ever in the gym.
But still..im willing to take a loss with those things that I love because the benefits of what I am doing now versus what I was doing in the gym have been beyond stupid good.
Doing the same brother. I go pitch black before sunrise, take my dog with me. Do 35-40 sets, very little rest between, all variations, ISO holds on pull ups. Ive recently added my plate carrier as well. Im north of NYC and everything is on lockdown. Its a mile and 1/4 walk through woods back and fourth. Really grateful for this. The sunrise on my last sets is a wonderful drug. On TRT and recently added 125mgs tren hex. per week. Fk the gym

Next to weighted ring pushups, weighted dips (stationary or rings) are the best pec, delt and tri mass builder I've ever used. The day I started emulating the style of training male gymnasts and sprinters use, i.e. performing body-through-space movements as fast as possible under strict muscular control, is the day I really started to grow.
The park im working out in has the rings. Shit, its tough. Ring pull ups / then legs fully forward pull ups super set with leg lifts, ISO holds.

I like supersetting pushing and pulling exercises on upper body days. After my arms and shoulders are burned out from supersetting overhead presses and upright rows, I'll do 6 sets of 20 dips interleaved with pullups. It's convenient at my gym, since I can do both on the same machine. I get a massive all around upper body pump on days like this. I do hammer strength chest presses and flyes on a different day to hit the chest from different angles.

Weighted dips have always been rough on my elbows and shoulders. High rep / high volume body weight dips are great, though.

The park im working out in has the rings. Shit, its tough. Ring pull ups / then legs fully forward pull ups super set with leg lifts, ISO holds.
Yeah, they're tough alright. I'd go so far as to boldly claim that weighted ring dips are THE most difficult and productive front upper body exercise there is!

I like Mountain Dog style setup for training chest

1. Activation: Usually a DB Press movement
2. Loading: Incline Barbell
3. Maximum Pump: Some type of Fly
4. Stretch Position: Dips (this is the best spot I've found personally for them). Usually do them bodyweight till failure. I've done them for triceps progressive overload style, and got pretty strong at them, and then started developing elbow tendonitis so had to back off. For chest though, I much prefer it this way, zero soft tissue pain and great exercise to end a session.

I like that plan, thanks for sharing that.

Doing the same brother. I go pitch black before sunrise, take my dog with me. Do 35-40 sets, very little rest between, all variations, ISO holds on pull ups. Ive recently added my plate carrier as well. Im north of NYC and everything is on lockdown. Its a mile and 1/4 walk through woods back and fourth. Really grateful for this. The sunrise on my last sets is a wonderful drug. On TRT and recently added 125mgs tren hex. per week. Fk the gym

Thats beautiful..I completely feel you on that brother! You really can't beat the combination of that fresh crispy morning air...no people and no BS around.no drama.quietness except for the sounds of your workout..no BS..like a sanctuary. Its just you..the park..the workout..nature scenery and doing the thing that you love the most while getting an INCREDIBLE and MIND BLOWING pump and feeling JACKED..and you doing it all for yourself and yourself alone.
Its gotta be the greatest high in the world..seriously man :D
Congrats on finding this incredible set up..make the whole COVID-19 BS work in your favor..and coming out on top of it, STRONG.

Thats beautiful..I completely feel you on that brother! You really can't beat the combination of that fresh crispy morning air...no people and no BS around.no drama.quietness except for the sounds of your workout..no BS..like a sanctuary. Its just you..the park..the workout..nature scenery and doing the thing that you love the most while getting an INCREDIBLE and MIND BLOWING pump and feeling JACKED..and you doing it all for yourself and yourself alone.
Congrats on finding this incredible set up..make the whole COVID-19 BS work in your favor..and coming out on top of it, STRONG.
Appreciate the kind words.

I agree that early mornings are peaceful and meditative... I have worked out at 3 to 4am for years for that reason.

As far as the bodyweight stuff, it's been great for healing and a change of pace but have I grown or even maintained? No, not even close (yes, I can generate the neccessary intensity). I think if you carry appreciatable muscle mass above and beyond, while there is no doubt moving the body through space is extremely effective and what I stick to by and even when the gym is available. It's not magic. I was squatting well over 2.5 bw for reps before all this went down. No amount of body wgt reps are going to mimic that stimulus. Pull ups w plates attached... endless reps arent keeping my back size. Deadlifting 2.5 bw (not nearly as frequently due to herniated disc) for reps arent replicated in a park no matter the intensity.

If I wanted to look like a gymnast (they look FANTASTIC), I'd do gymnast shit. It's not worked for me to even maintain although I'd be worse off had I not atleast kept up w the park workouts. Have I been able to grow... NO. Not even close.

I guess mileage will vary.... but if you were moving serious wgt in the gym, endless volume and reps can only do so much in my opinion.

I agree that early mornings are peaceful and meditative... I have worked out at 3 to 4am for years for that reason.

As far as the bodyweight stuff, it's been great for healing and a change of pace but have I grown or even maintained? No, not even close (yes, I can generate the neccessary intensity). I think if you carry appreciatable muscle mass above and beyond, while there is no doubt moving the body through space is extremely effective and what I stick to by and even when the gym is available. It's not magic. I was squatting well over 2.5 bw for reps before all this went down. No amount of body wgt reps are going to mimic that stimulus. Pull ups w plates attached... endless reps arent keeping my back size. Deadlifting 2.5 bw (not nearly as frequently due to herniated disc) for reps arent replicated in a park no matter the intensity.

If I wanted to look like a gymnast (they look FANTASTIC), I'd do gymnast shit. It's not worked for me to even maintain although I'd be worse off had I not atleast kept up w the park workouts. Have I been able to grow... NO. Not even close.

I guess mileage will vary.... but if you were moving serious wgt in the gym, endless volume and reps can only do so much in my opinion.
Grow? I have not gained any real size doing these park work outs ( In my early 50's ) but my body as a whole has dramatically changed for the better IMO. Im sub 10% BF at 200lbs 5'10.. Have not looked this good since i was in my 20's. Clean diet with zero cheat meals since this shit went on lock down. Serious leg pumps when you crack off 400 BW squats in sets. Ive recently added wearing plate carrier with both front / back sapi plates. Like i said, im grateful to be even doing something right now. Just switch up the mindset for now.

Grow? I have not gained any real size doing these park work outs ( In my early 50's ) but my body as a whole has dramatically changed for the better IMO. Im sub 10% BF at 200lbs 5'10.. Have not looked this good since i was in my 20's. Clean diet with zero cheat meals since this shit went on lock down. Serious leg pumps when you crack off 400 BW squats in sets. Ive recently added wearing plate carrier with both front / back sapi plates. Like i said, im grateful to be even doing something right now. Just switch up the mindset for now.
Sounds great. Best to make the most you can of the situation and be healthy. Whatever size you lose, you can gain back in less than 6 months. The worst thing to do is get angry and have that all or nothing attitude, doing no exercise and eating a lot of crap.

Sounds great. Best to make the most you can of the situation and be healthy. Whatever size you lose, you can gain back in less than 6 months. The worst thing to do is get angry and have that all or nothing attitude, doing no exercise and eating a lot of crap.
Fk yes. Lets get it brothers. No gym.. no problem. Adjust the mindset

I don’t like them; strain on my shoulders.. everyone has a lower chest hanging and everyone lacks inner/upper chest

They can be tough on the shoulders if you go down too far. But in order to get enough chest involvement, you have to go into the stretch...

A solution I've found for myself is to use a band to help with the lower part of the movement. You put a band across the two bars (you can vary the amount of slack) and hold them with your hands when you get into the starting position. You then put your knees/shins onto the band and do the dips movement. The bands help you stabilize, so that you can position your upper body in a way that feels best for the shoulders. And the deeper you go, the more the bands help, so that you can go into a deep stretch, where your shoulders are in quite a vulnberable position and should not be loaded as heavily.

Love dips but limited on equipment as of having none. And gyms are still closed here and no sign of opening anytime soon
if at all rest of the year. And beings I'm in the home repair business thinking of making something out of 2X4's. I've built benches and preacher curl equipment before using lumber. If I could afford to buy equipment I still refuse to spend the money these sharks want now...

They can be tough on the shoulders if you go down too far. But in order to get enough chest involvement, you have to go into the stretch...

A solution I've found for myself is to use a band to help with the lower part of the movement. You put a band across the two bars (you can vary the amount of slack) and hold them with your hands when you get into the starting position. You then put your knees/shins onto the band and do the dips movement. The bands help you stabilize, so that you can position your upper body in a way that feels best for the shoulders. And the deeper you go, the more the bands help, so that you can go into a deep stretch, where your shoulders are in quite a vulnberable position and should not be loaded as heavily.

Gona try this

I found that if you use bars that are set narrow and tuck your elbows in, like on bench press, you can minimize the stress on shoulders. When you do it that way you find that you can't go as deep anyhow. Flare out the elbows and that tears up the shoulders.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws