over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The nerve of some PREP people!!!

ScorpioGirl

Registered
I would REALLY like to know.......

why certain prep people (who do not post here) seem to think they have some HUGE SECRET when it comes to certain compounds.....AND.......why if you even so much as mention those compounds (see my thread asking about Aldactone and Mannitol) you are TELLING ALL THEIR SECRETS! WTF?!?!? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we've all seen MANY MANY posts on those two compounds.

...and since when is asking a question "telling secrets"?

******EDITED AFTER THE TEMPER SUBSIDED*********

~Scorp

Last edited:

why certain prep people (who do not post here) seem to think they have some HUGE SECRET when it comes to certain compounds.....AND.......why if you even so much as mention those compounds (see my thread asking about Aldactone and Mannitol) you are TELLING ALL THEIR SECRETS! WTF?!?!? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we've all seen MANY MANY posts on those two compounds.

...and since when is asking a question "telling secrets". That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard and I think some people give themselves WAAAAAYYY too much credit. I have NO patience for self righteous bullshit so get the fuck over yourself!

Ahem......I'll now regain my composure and apologize to those of you I may have offended. Sorry about the rant.

~Scorp

Well if you would stop telling all my secrets then i wouldnt have been so upset! At least you didnt tell the board about the time i ....... uhhh nevermind :eek:

...and since when is asking a question "telling secrets". That is the dumbest shit I have ever heard and I think some people give themselves WAAAAAYYY too much credit. I have NO patience for self righteous bullshit so get the fuck over yourself!

Ahem......I'll now regain my composure and apologize to those of you I may have offended. Sorry about the rant.

~Scorp

Wow. I agree. But wow!

...and since when is asking a question "telling secrets"?

******EDITED AFTER THE TEMPER SUBSIDED*********

~Scorp

Hehe, you edited but he didn't...

It's all about business, if people feel they could lose any money they go crazy. Let's say there's a guy who sells juice in the streets, then you start telling people that there are many reliable sources that sell the same stuff for half the price, the guy will be mad at you, it's common knowledge to us, but not to his clients...

Not sure why people get so upset. Most of this stuff is common knowledge anyway.

Besides what does he/she know anyway... the secret to dieting is MuscleTech ;)

There really are no secrets, its just knowing when to apply certain things is the million dollar question.

Hehe, you edited but he didn't...

LOL - yah I let it fly there for a minute! :D I still think EXACTLY what I said in my unedited post, but I thought I should be a little more tactful. Patience is not my finest suit :rolleyes:

Future and I were talking about this first thing this morning. It's really not a secret when you can do a search and find the SAME EXACT INFO from someone else 5 years ago.

I feel your pain. I am glad to say on this board you have some of the best individuals in the game. You can ask Big A ( he gives you the whole blueprint) Magnum ( straight and to the point; no b.s), Phil (makes you think and use logic), Mainevent (one of the best prep guys in the game), KM2000, Rob Roy,even Doggcrapp (on a good day...lol) and a whole slew of other guys and gals,who will gladly answer most questions freely and with good intentions.

I find Dave Palumbo to be extremely helpful as well. Now when it comes to certain "protocols" and diets..this is where they may assist you further for a fee.

There are no secrets. But experience from guys and gals in the trenches can save a lot of head aches later on.

i know what ya mean.. and it is getting worse because there are more and more gurus/prep guys out there now.. i remember a few years ago asking a top national amatuer how his training was going.. he said "great.. i am doing a whole different type of training and have completely altered my stack.. gains are going great".. i said " good for you.. what are ya doing different?". he paused and said " i am not allowed to say.. i dont want him to get mad..".. now.. first off.. who the hell was i going to tell?.. second, i was not asking him to spell it out and write it down for me.. i was asking in the general sense.. turns out to be nothing but turning the guys volume down and basically upping his test.. that was it in a nutshell..
dave palumbo has the right idea.. help others with their questions.. if ya want something personal and comprehensive then you have to pay.. but, general questions are answered... i guarantee that he has received numerous training fees over the years.. tony freemen actually spelled out daves nutrition plan in a recnt muscular development.. was dave mad about it?.. no.. because everyone is different and toney plan may not work for others.. so they have to get in contact with dave if they are serious...
on the other hand, one can not give out too much info because he may have paying clients that paid for that info.. i see that point very well.. but, lets not start getting carried away.. the boards are for info sharing..:cool: most of our prep guys on this board are very sharing and helpful.. we have a good bunch here..

VanR, prep people are those who offer their expertise in the area of show preparation

You pay these people to help you get ready for a show if you don't know what to do. Sometimes people have been unsuccessful and would like to pay others for their expertise.

This help can really save a lot of time and effort. If you admire someone's achievements or the condition they have show up with at a their shows, sometimes that person will be willing to help you.

Dave Palumbo comes in freaky hard and conditioned at his shows. People want to know what to do. He tells them. He's become a sought after "prep person"!

YEP LATS!! You nailed bro!!

This is what a lot of people do not understand..What works for one, may not work for you. So right now a lot of people are doing Dave's "diet" under the general guidelines he sets up, but when the gains stop or the fat is not moving, you will need him to dial you back in and get you going again.

I am always kinda of "mystified" when a guy says he can't reveal his diet because his "guru " said no or whatever. What works for client A will not work for client B. I kind of think once you pay for it; it is yours to do whatever you feel...within reason and logic. I am not saying post it on every board, but if someone admires your conditioning or muscularity they will ask you "hey what is your diet style etc?" You can perhaps give them an outline without revealing your super duper shreddo Wu-Tang style...lol.

Once again I have never had any problems asking any questions to the vets here; they answer freely and with genuine concern for your success.

Last edited:
This is what a lot of people do not understand..What works for one, may not work for you. So right now a lot of people are doing Dave's "diet" under the general guidelines he sets up, but when the gains stop or the fat is not moving, you will need him to dial you back in and get you going again.

I am always kinda of "mystified" when a guy says he can't reveal his diet because his "guru " said no or whatever. What works for client A will not work for client B. I kind of think once you pay for it; it is yours to do whatever you feel...within reason and logic. I am not saying post it on every board, but if someone admires your conditioning or muscularity they will ask you "hey what is your diet style etc?" You can perhaps give them an outline without revealing your super duper shreddo Wu-Tang style...lol.

Once again I have never had any problems asking any questions to the vets here; they answer freely and with genuine concern for your success.

Good post....and i agree completely. Dave is doing a terrrific job answering hundreds of posts a day and keeping it genereal but at the same time providing great information.

I am not even remotely in the same class as the guys mentioned above, but i would have no problems with Hutch and Hiramabiff posting what they feel free to post. Of course there are going to be some similarities, but if done right the 'prep' person should be working with each individual based on where they are and whats going on.

I can guarantee you these two guys are doing two totally different programs, with Hiramabiff getting the short end of the stick......but that crazy bastard seems to like it.

You pay these people to help you get ready for a show if you don't know what to do. Sometimes people have been unsuccessful and would like to pay others for their expertise.

This help can really save a lot of time and effort. If you admire someone's achievements or the condition they have show up with at a their shows, sometimes that person will be willing to help you.

Yes. Yes.

Obviously there are people with experience that is worth while. But not when what they peddle is stuff that is the same for others as well. Seems to "cookie cutter'ish," I believe. Giving the same diet for a male middleweight, lightweight female and a female figure competitor is sort of odd to me. That isn't experience that is worthwhile when it comes more in the form of an opportunist just squeaking out some easy cash.

Well, I can honestly say that I really liked this person. Seemed very personable and helpful....

So I have another question...... If someone has done a show and was pretty much dialed in and they know what they did wrong and how to fix it.....WHY hire a prep person again? I have been told about the red tape and that your prep person can get your foot in the door for you. Is this the only reason? ....because otherwise, it makes absolutely NO sense to me!

Obviously there are people with experience that is worth while. But not when what they peddle is stuff that is the same for others as well. Seems to "cookie cutter'ish," I believe. Giving the same diet for a male middleweight, lightweight female and a female figure competitor is sort of odd to me. That isn't experience that is worthwhile when it comes more in the form of an opportunist just squeaking out some easy cash.

If people are cookie cutting diets than that's wrong. I know of some people who do this because they got to big....one guy out of Canada comes to mind.

The reason I don't do prep work or even train people anymore is because it takes too much time.

Off season is easier, there is some margin for error but then again I find myself spending way too much time on even off season diets and routines designing it for the individual, than what they are paying.

One should keep meticulous records of diet and their prep and once they get in great shape they shouldn't need a prep person.

Well, making diets for people in general is pretty simple although as you stated VERY time consuming. Tami was up late typing last night. Anyway, contest prep stuff I think we should have just let the mirror do the talking but we wanted to be sure that all her hard work paid off. Not so sure it was the right idea since she looked like the Waterboy. A 3 day carb load and then shit loading doesnt make sense to me but again I am no expert at all. I will stick to getting people freaking strong. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131