mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your other big hobby or interest?

I strip it down to the bare iron first.

If there's carbon build-up from improper seasoning and burnt on food, I use a lye bath. Be careful with lye as it can cause severe chemical burns. But you can leave cast iron in a lye bath for as long as needed. I'll have pieces soaking for a week.

If it's rust, you break the oxide bond with acetic acid. That's table vinegar. I only soak for an hour because vinegar will eat through the iron.

Anything still stuck, I scrape. I dig out all the lettering with nail.

Electrolysis addresses both at the same time. But you need to do that in a ventilated location because it releases hydrogen.

To reseason, I use crisco. I wipe it on and wipe it completely off. 400°. An hour. Repeat about 6 times. I don't worry about eating off the vegetable oil. It's carbonized. You won't get oxidized fat in your food.

td, you are one serious dude. I never ever went to that much trouble and that is probably
why yours look so beautiful. I could tell you took real pride in your restoration.

I used flaxseed oil at the same temp and time but not 6 times, less. Took me several days
to do them, 8?

I am looking at my favorite skillet now . . . it is an old 20, Le Creuset Enamel, made in France.
Really needs to be cleaned / restored but there is nothing like a used, worn skillet that could
tell so many stories just by looking at it. I really don't think I have the heart to take away its
personality, not this one at least.

I've built many. The glocks are very easy , if you start doing 1911's or AR's they are a little more involved. I did a sig p320 x5 legion , had to machine the fire control unit and assemble it. Was very tedious but it's my favorite pistol.
I'll look into the glocks. Maybe that would help me understand it a little better.

Lifting weights, firearms (1911's <3) spending time with my dogs, UFOs and learning interesting facts about space and ancient archaeology, sex, building custom chicken coops

As I believe a gentleman stated earlier. Mushroom hunting is another blast. Morels, oysters, chicken of the woods, puffballs, chanterelles, etc. It’s a very enjoyable time if you know what your looking for. Fall is a good season for some very tasty edible mushrooms. And it’s some good exercise.

td, you are one serious dude. I never ever went to that much trouble and that is probably
why yours look so beautiful. I could tell you took real pride in your restoration.

I used flaxseed oil at the same temp and time but not 6 times, less. Took me several days
to do them, 8?

I am looking at my favorite skillet now . . . it is an old 20, Le Creuset Enamel, made in France.
Really needs to be cleaned / restored but there is nothing like a used, worn skillet that could
tell so many stories just by looking at it. I really don't think I have the heart to take away its
personality, not this one at least.
A well made and seasoned cast iron skillet is worth its weight in gold. Throw in some shrimp, cilantro, lime, leeks, morels and thin strips of fresh venison tenderloins. Cook for about 3-4 mins. Place on a warm tortilla and enjoy! EnjoyGood stuff folks.

WelI went to school to become a Protestant Pastor, then to be a Seminary Professor, then to be a Catholic Priest (I'm not a Priest - I'm now in education). Along the way I developed an interest in a specific area of biblical studies, which focuses on the letters of the Apostle Paul, especially his doctrine of Justification by Faith Apart From Works of The Law (which is a major area of historical disagreement between Protestants and Catholics). I continue to spend time studying that topic, and I have hopes of one day having something meaningful enough to say about it to write a book and contribute to the scholarly conversation.
Weird my brother literally has written multiple books on the Apostle Paul. He has his doctorate in biblical studies. That's what he focuses on

As I believe a gentleman stated earlier. Mushroom hunting is another blast. Morels, oysters, chicken of the woods, puffballs, chanterelles, etc. It’s a very enjoyable time if you know what your looking for. Fall is a good season for some very tasty edible mushrooms. And it’s some good exercise.
Honestly, where do you go looking for these? Not looking for specific place obviously lol, but like I go on plenty of hikes and never see mushrooms that even remotely seem edible. I guess it has to do with elevation, climate, etc?

Honestly, where do you go looking for these? Not looking for specific place obviously lol, but like I go on plenty of hikes and never see mushrooms that even remotely seem edible. I guess it has to do with elevation, climate, etc?
Morels are in the spring time. Incredible taste. All you need to do is look up the edible mushrooms in your state and there will be all kinds of very good information with pictures, areas they like to grow in etc. I’m getting ready for some puffballs now. They like it after a nice rain. Humid damp evenings and in the morning they will be there. I will warn you. Once you start looking for edible mushrooms. It can be very addicting. Take the family, dog. It’s a blast.

Reactions: td
Morels are in the spring time. Incredible taste. All you need to do is look up the edible mushrooms in your state and there will be all kinds of very good information with pictures, areas they like to grow in etc. I’m getting ready for some puffballs now. They like it after a nice rain. Humid damp evenings and in the morning they will be there. I will warn you. Once you start looking for edible mushrooms. It can be very addicting. Take the family, dog. It’s a blast.
Huh, gonna look into it. Quick google search shows that morels and puffballs are also common in my area. Wife isn't as adventurous and hates mushrooms. Looks like it will just be me and the dog on the hunt lol. Thanks for the info bro.

I go shroom hunting, too, but not for ones most think lol

I did get a chance to collect some morels on my great aunt's property in the Ozarks. There was this old abandoned sawmill on her property and they LOVED that ancient sawdust. Also the only area I've ever seen worm snakes, oddly enough.

Morels cooked in real butter with just salt and pepper? Holy fuckaroni...

Yes it is fun to do and great exercise. And not to mention good eating if you like mushrooms.
We hunted around November after a rain followed by some warm weather (ideal). I remember
going back to the same places a week later and they were all over the place. Amazing.
Very very fast growing was my observation. And once grown to maturity, they seemed to not
last very long before falling apart (portabellas).

My wife and I, out of curiosity, went to a talk by a local Mycologist years ago at our local
County Farm Bureau way before I started mushroom hunting (not alone) and it was enough
to scare the peanuts out of my shit. You really have to know what you are looking for as
you all know that eating the wrong ones can cause death. I know of a local guy, experienced,
who died of liver(?) failure. They stressed that you first go out many times with somebody
that knows exactly what to look for and what to ignore. And only pick what you know, are
absolutely sure of.

And paraphrasing the old saying . . . there are old mushroom hunters, and there are bold
mushroom hunters, but there are no old, bold mushroom hunters.

Those are some good looking knives. I like the arrowheads! I actually have a couple myself. I’m on the East Coast (SC). I’ll dig them out and get some photos. It amazes me how primitive weapons inflicted so much damage.

Those are some good looking knives. I like the arrowheads! I actually have a couple myself. I’m on the East Coast (SC). I’ll dig them out and get some photos. It amazes me how primitive weapons inflicted so much damage.

Thanks for the knife compliment.

Your arrowheads, what are they made of?

They are all over the place on Sonoma County if you know where to look.
I hunted in an are that was truly rich in heads. Found some bowels also and
1 bead. When I re-visited the area years ago it is all homes, has been
privatized so I was very lucky have it available in my youth. The home owners
probably have no clue what lies is under their houses.

There still some places I am familiar with near, perhaps in (can't take 'um)
Lassen Park where I spent my high school summers working at a resort
that my Uncle owned that are / were rich in arrowheads. Once is clear as
glass. Another absolutely perfect arrow point. Very beautiful and amazing
what those Indians could do with a piece of obsidian.

To most people, I describe working out as my “hobby” since it’s really the one thing I take time out of this busy life to donfor myself, and I enjoy and still look forward to every day (well, ok most days)

Some might think it’s sappy or fake, but honestly the only other activity that gives me the most joy at this point in my life is just watching my kids play sports. Not really a hobby, but other than exercise, is really what I spend most of, if not all of my free time doing. Doesn’t matter if it’s practice or a game, I go to ‘em all and just enjoy watching them do their thing. A lot of parents complain, but I’m like, what else am I going to do in the evenings after work, watch TV? I’d rather be sitting at the fields or courts watching them have fun. I love sports in general, but given the choice between tickets to see my favorite professional team, or watch my kids, I’d honestly just rather watch them.

I know for a lot of parents, it’s about living through their kids or trying to live out their own failed sports fantasies, but I don’t have any designs on them being pro athletes or getting division one scholarships. (I played football in college, but had no ideas or even glimmer of ever playing professionally. It was a great experience and I have great memories, but no delusions of grandeur, lol). One of my girls is pretty high level in basketball and soccer and can probably play one or the other in college if she wants and continues to push herself over the next few years. But my son is just a “good” player and most likely will go on to play in high school and that will be it for him. Doesn’t matter to me either way - I just feel generally “happy” and at peace when I watch them or when we’re practicing stuff on our own. Kinda weird I guess, but it works for me and I’ll enjoy it while it lasts, cause I know the time with them for this stuff is short.

Thanks for the knife compliment.

Your arrowheads, what are they made of?

They are all over the place on Sonoma County if you know where to look.
I hunted in an are that was truly rich in heads. Found some bowels also and
1 bead. When I re-visited the area years ago it is all homes, has been
privatized so I was very lucky have it available in my youth. The home owners
probably have no clue what lies is under their houses.

There still some places I am familiar with near, perhaps in (can't take 'um)
Lassen Park where I spent my high school summers working at a resort
that my Uncle owned that are / were rich in arrowheads. Once is clear as
glass. Another absolutely perfect arrow point. Very beautiful and amazing
what those Indians could do with a piece of obsidian.
Fresco I collect knives too. Went through a phase, but still buy them occasionally. I was into learning about survival and prepping, but already knew a lot from hunting as a kid. I have a busse combat with INFI Steel, Several couplmade in Colrado. e Spyderco folding S35 Steel and a bunch of old Randall Hunting knives from father, which I sold bunch of them for him on ebay for 3 x he paid and I kept a few. Nothing crazy I like to get a few of good knives for specific purposes.

Fresco I collect knives too. Went through a phase, but still buy them occasionally. I was into learning about survival and prepping, but already knew a lot from hunting as a kid. I have a busse combat with INFI Steel, Several couplmade in Colrado. e Spyderco folding S35 Steel and a bunch of old Randall Hunting knives from father, which I sold bunch of them for him on ebay for 3 x he paid and I kept a few. Nothing crazy I like to get a few of good knives for specific purposes.
This is my favorite Busse Combat Leaner Meaner Street Screenshot_20201006-015433_Photos.jpg

fishing for me ive had 7 boats working on buying my next one.but this one is going to be big boy boat. 40+ footer..I also love to cook.every time I cook I mix what ever different ingredients that pops up and every single time its amazing tasting. Everyone tells me im extremely talented in it.being able to mix thing on the spot and it never goes wrong. They say I be super rich if I open a restaurant. But its not what my heart desires. I just like doing it and am good at it but not if it became a job. Gardening is also super fun for me. Its so creative

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131