over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rent a CPAP machine for a month?

Zarati

Registered
Can I just rent a CPAP machine for 80 bucks and see how I sleep for a month??

Skip all the doctor visit, sleep test and etc, then I'll just buy it if needed, say money not a big deal

I'd see a doctor. What's the point in needing and relying on a machine to sleep if you don't need it? I'd think needing a CPAP would be an absolute last resort if someone has tried all other methods. Our bodies weren't designed to need a device to sleep.

Skip all the doctor visit, sleep test and etc, then I'll just buy it if needed, say money not a big deal

Just grab one off craigslist or eBay.

Also, our bodies weren't designed to be 225+. So if a person decides they want to be 225+ shouldn't they try to mitigate the negative effects that come with being a large human?
Yea spot on the VA told me I had sleep apnea when I was 160 lbs, I was told neck size was a big deal and that being forced to sleep on my back, which happens in USMC boot camp and anytime you’re on ship so it turns into how you sleep. I didn’t snore just pissed 5 times a night and had morning headaches. Finally 2 decades later my disability attorney said you have sleep apnea in your medical files you need to do a sleep test. I did, I stop sleeping roughly 12 times per hour, I was blown away then told this is actually mild BUT yes it’s hard on the body and increases all health risk factors bc of less oxygen getting to the body, so I got one hated it until I got used to it and now I only piss 1-3 times over say a 9 hour period whereas before it was basically hourly which I always put off to ptsd and how much water I drink. Now if I sleep without it the quality of rest is much much better. I asked if getting back to 160 would make me not need it and the doc said unless you find a way to shrink your neck and return to being a side sleeper no and even if you do it’s still a maybe. So all those years of competing waking up every hour and still doing quite well, if I could go back and hand me a CPAP I absolutely would. ESPECIALLY if money is no issue then I would just remember it takes a few weeks to get used to using it so a solid trial run would be more like 6 weeks. I’ve had several other Marines get checked and on CPAP and both are average muscularity (for an athlete not GP) both are avid MMA guys in great cardio shape and both love their CPAPs. Guck I have a battery pack that solar charges I carry to camp and hunt solely for my CPAP, it’s an extra 20 lbs to carry but worth it to give perspective. Though I’d say if you pee 1-2 times or less per day 8 hours of sleep you likely don’t have it.

There's many factors that can contribute to having sleep apnea. Neck size, weight, septum issues and the shape of the roof of your mouth. Besides my neck size I was told due to the shape of my mouth when I sleep my tongue falls into the back of my mouth and blocks my airway. There is a surgery that can be done but it's not a guarantee it will work. One thing about a cpap is you have to get used to breathing through your nose when you sleep...bit weird at first. Since I've had my cpap I rarely (if ever) wake up to pee. Plus, in the morning when I wake up my heart rate is normal (vs beating out of my chest from trying to pump blood/oxygen to my brain all night).
Bottom line is sleep apnea is a very real health risk and getting a sleep test is a pretty easy thing to do and may very well save your life if the apnea is severe enough. I would go through a doctor so they can get you all dialed in with the correct air pressures for the machine.

Spot on brother

There's many factors that can contribute to having sleep apnea. Neck size, weight, septum issues and the shape of the roof of your mouth. Besides my neck size I was told due to the shape of my mouth when I sleep my tongue falls into the back of my mouth and blocks my airway. There is a surgery that can be done but it's not a guarantee it will work. One thing about a cpap is you have to get used to breathing through your nose when you sleep...bit weird at first. Since I've had my cpap I rarely (if ever) wake up to pee. Plus, in the morning when I wake up my heart rate is normal (vs beating out of my chest from trying to pump blood/oxygen to my brain all night).
Bottom line is sleep apnea is a very real health risk and getting a sleep test is a pretty easy thing to do and may very well save your life if the apnea is severe enough. I would go through a doctor so they can get you all dialed in with the correct air pressures for the machine.
Just get a mask that covers your mouth and nose. Nose breathing just isn’t an option for me all the time.

Just get a mask that covers your mouth and nose. Nose breathing just isn’t an option for me all the time.
I use a nose CPap and I’m a mouth breather do you have a nose and mouth CPap? I’ll say this the way we hydrate don’t ever add water to the machine I have like 2 tblspn on condensation in my mask every night. The first week was really tough, I got into the clinical and made adjustments but now it goes to every show every vacay it’s a tad hassle hopefully one day there will be a smaller one that communicates with the home CPap for settings so you don’t carry the computer screen everywhere he’ll maybe there is. But for me that’s the true hassle that and crashing with 20 year old wellness chics and putting a mask on kinda sux.

Most people only need a regular cpap/apap but you really should have a sleep study
done to find out what type of apnea you have.
You might need a more advanced machine like a Bipap or ASV. If you do need a more
advanced machine then using a regular cpap/apap will do you no good and might even hurt you.

I use a nose CPap and I’m a mouth breather do you have a nose and mouth CPap? I’ll say this the way we hydrate don’t ever add water to the machine I have like 2 tblspn on condensation in my mask every night. The first week was really tough, I got into the clinical and made adjustments but now it goes to every show every vacay it’s a tad hassle hopefully one day there will be a smaller one that communicates with the home CPap for settings so you don’t carry the computer screen everywhere he’ll maybe there is. But for me that’s the true hassle that and crashing with 20 year old wellness chics and putting a mask on kinda sux.
Yep, I use this one. I fucked around and messed with the settings and ended up with water gurgling in the hose and all kinds of crap. I put it back on factory settings and it’s been fine ever since.
And yeah I know what you mean sleeping with someone, it feels hideous putting it on but once they realize how I sound without it they don’t care at all lol.
I just put it on once the lights are out.

7F6D23D8-CD16-460C-8366-666C0E93C1DA.png B65E65A6-38DE-4FE9-964C-BCC29ABF74A3.png

Most people only need a regular cpap/apap but you really should have a sleep study
done to find out what type of apnea you have.
You might need a more advanced machine like a Bipap or ASV. If you do need a more
advanced machine then using a regular cpap/apap will do you no good and might even hurt you.
Not arguing but how woukd a CPap hurt you if you need a bi Pap the way I was explained was well put you on CPap and then see if you need a bi Pap, so that’s the VA so not best medical team but I don’t see where you could get hurt.

Not arguing but how woukd a CPap hurt you if you need a bi Pap the way I was explained was well put you on CPap and then see if you need a bi Pap, so that’s the VA so not best medical team but I don’t see where you could get hurt.

How does the OP know what setting to put the air pressure on? He doesn't. I have sleep apnea, and it is not something to take for granted and try and guess what to do with the machine. It is no big deal to get a sleep study done. Just bring your own pillow, let them hook you all up, and they will have your results the next morning. I have mild apnea, but it is still a health concern. Ive been using the CPAP for over 10 years, and I still am not used to wearing it. My wife says I take it off in the middle of the night sometimes and not even know it till I wake up. It is pretty scary waking up in the middle of night, not being able to breathe or catch your breath till your throat relaxes back to normal. So I wear it religiously. I can't even take a nap on the couch, because my tongue falls back in my throat, jaw shifts, cutting off my oxygen.

I didn't even know you could buy a cpap machine without a script. But I guess they are on Ebay, but again, I would opt for the sleep study and get diagnosed correctly.

How does the OP know what setting to put the air pressure on? He doesn't. I have sleep apnea, and it is not something to take for granted and try and guess what to do with the machine.
Most modern machines are APAPs and will adjust pressure through the night based on your breathing. Adjusting air pressure is very simple, has little to no risk, and is something every bodybuilder will have to do through the year if they do true bulk '/ maintain / diet phases.

I can't sing the praises of CPAPs / APAPs / whatever enough. Like you, I won't sleep without mine whether it's a 30 minute nap or going on vacation. It's probably the single best investment a bodybuilder can make in their recovery.

Most modern machines are APAPs and will adjust pressure through the night based on your breathing. Adjusting air pressure is very simple, has little to no risk, and is something every bodybuilder will have to do through the year if they do true bulk '/ maintain / diet phases.

I can't sing the praises of CPAPs / APAPs / whatever enough. Like you, I won't sleep without mine whether it's a 30 minute nap or going on vacation. It's probably the single best investment a bodybuilder can make in their recovery.
Perfectly said

I did not know it's that easy to regulate them. I had a sleepstudy done and all I was told is to drop weight. Mind you that I was not fat, I was 1.90 and around 104kg at between 10 and 12% and not in bad shape cardio wise.

While I understand it's advise that would work it wasn't helpful at all as I'm not planning to go back to weighing 85kg or whatever and just wanted a sleeping machine haha. But nope, not gonna happen.

Long story short, if it's really relatively easy to figure the settings out by myself I might just buy one on Amazon.

I did not know it's that easy to regulate them. I had a sleepstudy done and all I was told is to drop weight. Mind you that I was not fat, I was 1.90 and around 104kg at between 10 and 12% and not in bad shape cardio wise.

While I understand it's advise that would work it wasn't helpful at all as I'm not planning to go back to weighing 85kg or whatever and just wanted a sleeping machine haha. But nope, not gonna happen.

Long story short, if it's really relatively easy to figure the settings out by myself I might just buy one on Amazon.
unless you are in some other country where cpaps are regulated differently, you can just "buy one on amazon."

Same thing with the OP who wanted to "rent one."

If you are not getting a machine from your health care professional circa a sleep study and doctor prescription, you are buying one off CL or Offer up.
I have done both. Spent around $600 on my last one on Offer Up and well worth the investment.

unless you are in some other country where cpaps are regulated differently, you can just "buy one on amazon."

Same thing with the OP who wanted to "rent one."

If you are not getting a machine from your health care professional circa a sleep study and doctor prescription, you are buying one off CL or Offer up.
I have done both. Spent around $600 on my last one on Offer Up and well worth the investment.
I'm not in the USA indeed, I'm from Europe. If I Google it there's sites I can order them, just have to figure out which is good.

You are right about Amazon haha, that won't work

In the US Craigslist (neighborhood marketplace that's very popular across the country) is where people get them without prescription so try something like that.

CPAPs are super easy to use. The manual for whatever you get should be online (if it doesn't come with one) and it's usually a matter of pressing some button combination to get into provider mode and change the settings. If you feel like you're getting too much air, bring it down. If you feel like you're not getting enough, bring it up. It really is that easy.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDrummer47
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws