over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Fascination with inj L-Carnitine

Very very very late to this thread, but I’m curious; was there ever a conclusion on L carnitine’s effect on the thyroid?
I have no science but I don’t think so, metabolism yes but not via the thyroid imo, there’s smarter dudes on here. I’ll say this carn doesn’t heat or speed me up and if it affects thyroid one would assume it would have to.

I have been using on workout days only. Are you guys using everyday or just workout days?
Thanks
Muscle saturation seems to be what most of the literature i read shows to have the biggest benefit. So regular use consistently would be preferable to occasional or sporadic use.

Muscle saturation seems to be what most of the literature i read shows to have the biggest benefit. So regular use consistently would be preferable to occasional or sporadic use.
Daily def helps with burning fat.

I'm curious what's the largest amount anyone uses in a single injection? I know it's water based but surely there is a comfort limit. Both for IM and certainly subq.

I'm curious what's the largest amount anyone uses in a single injection? I know it's water based but surely there is a comfort limit. Both for IM and certainly subq.
I’ve been using 500mg/ml fairly regularly without issue. Probably not a crazy dosage but I don’t see the need to use more.

Always IM
Same here lots of advocates for sub q on here but it does not work for me UNLESS I’m under 10% and sculpting with it in small 10 iu pops in stubborn areas like glutes.

Same here lots of advocates for sub q on here but it does not work for me UNLESS I’m under 10% and sculpting with it in small 10 iu pops in stubborn areas like glutes.
You see spot reduction with that method?

Just over 5ml synthetine (1000mg) is the highest amount I put in 1 injection and that has never caused any issues (or pip) for me.

Bump...A lot of great info in here.

Was I supposed to ever stop taking this? It's so easy to make and whatnot I think I've been on 300mg on training days for over a year and a half now.

Was I supposed to ever stop taking this? It's so easy to make and whatnot I think I've been on 300mg on training days for over a year and a half now.
What have you noticed outside of increased body Temps?
And I agree it's soooo easy to make.

How do you make it? is it just ba and distilled or do you use bac water?

Newer research. Full text in the link.

The effects of L-carnitine supplementation on glycemic markers in adults: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis​

Background and aims: Hyperglycemia and insulin resistance are concerns today worldwide. Recently, L-carnitine supplementation has been suggested as an effective adjunctive therapy in glycemic control. Therefore, it seems important to investigate its effect on glycemic markers.

Methods: PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, and the Cochrane databases were searched in October 2022 for prospective studies on the effects of L-carnitine supplementation on glycemic markers. Inclusion criteria included adult participants and taking oral L-carnitine supplements for at least seven days. The pooled weighted mean difference (WMD) was calculated using a random-effects model.

Results: We included the 41 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) (n = 2900) with 44 effect sizes in this study. In the pooled analysis; L-carnitine supplementation had a significant effect on fasting blood glucose (FBG) (mg/dl) [WMD = −3.22 mg/dl; 95% CI, −5.21 to −1.23; p = 0.002; I2 = 88.6%, p < 0.001], hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) (%) [WMD = −0.27%; 95% CI, −0.47 to −0.07; p = 0.007; I2 = 90.1%, p < 0.001] and homeostasis model assessment-estimate insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) [WMD = −0.73; 95% CI, −1.21 to −0.25; p = 0.003; I2 = 98.2%, p < 0.001] in the intervention compared to the control group. L-carnitine supplementation had a reducing effect on baseline FBG ≥100 mg/dl, trial duration ≥12 weeks, intervention dose ≥2 g/day, participants with overweight and obesity (baseline BMI 25–29.9 and >30 kg/m2), and diabetic patients. Also, L-carnitine significantly affected insulin (pmol/l), HOMA-IR (%), and HbA1c (%) in trial duration ≥12 weeks, intervention dose ≥2 g/day, and participants with obesity (baseline BMI >30 kg/m2). It also had a reducing effect on HOMA-IR in diabetic patients, non-diabetic patients, and just diabetic patients for insulin, and HbA1c. There was a significant nonlinear relationship between the duration of intervention and changes in FBG, HbA1c, and HOMA-IR. In addition, there was a significant nonlinear relationship between dose (≥2 g/day) and changes in insulin, as well as a significant linear relationship between the duration (weeks) (coefficients = −16.45, p = 0.004) of intervention and changes in HbA1C.

What brand of l-carnitine powder do you use to brew? I want to find a brand that sells pure powder without any extra stuff.

Newer research. Full text in the link.

The effects of L-carnitine supplementation on glycemic markers in adults: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis​

Background and aims: Hyperglycemia and insulin resistance are concerns today worldwide. Recently, L-carnitine supplementation has been suggested as an effective adjunctive therapy in glycemic control. Therefore, it seems important to investigate its effect on glycemic markers.

Methods: PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, and the Cochrane databases were searched in October 2022 for prospective studies on the effects of L-carnitine supplementation on glycemic markers. Inclusion criteria included adult participants and taking oral L-carnitine supplements for at least seven days. The pooled weighted mean difference (WMD) was calculated using a random-effects model.

Results: We included the 41 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) (n = 2900) with 44 effect sizes in this study. In the pooled analysis; L-carnitine supplementation had a significant effect on fasting blood glucose (FBG) (mg/dl) [WMD = −3.22 mg/dl; 95% CI, −5.21 to −1.23; p = 0.002; I2 = 88.6%, p < 0.001], hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) (%) [WMD = −0.27%; 95% CI, −0.47 to −0.07; p = 0.007; I2 = 90.1%, p < 0.001] and homeostasis model assessment-estimate insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) [WMD = −0.73; 95% CI, −1.21 to −0.25; p = 0.003; I2 = 98.2%, p < 0.001] in the intervention compared to the control group. L-carnitine supplementation had a reducing effect on baseline FBG ≥100 mg/dl, trial duration ≥12 weeks, intervention dose ≥2 g/day, participants with overweight and obesity (baseline BMI 25–29.9 and >30 kg/m2), and diabetic patients. Also, L-carnitine significantly affected insulin (pmol/l), HOMA-IR (%), and HbA1c (%) in trial duration ≥12 weeks, intervention dose ≥2 g/day, and participants with obesity (baseline BMI >30 kg/m2). It also had a reducing effect on HOMA-IR in diabetic patients, non-diabetic patients, and just diabetic patients for insulin, and HbA1c. There was a significant nonlinear relationship between the duration of intervention and changes in FBG, HbA1c, and HOMA-IR. In addition, there was a significant nonlinear relationship between dose (≥2 g/day) and changes in insulin, as well as a significant linear relationship between the duration (weeks) (coefficients = −16.45, p = 0.004) of intervention and changes in HbA1C.
I hate when they do these studies with ORAL l-carnitine!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BigKev6153
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131