over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

L-Carnitine Reduced Efficacy of T3

it definitely has some effect on the efficiency of t3. ive started my cut 4 weeks ago and i take 50µ t3.i also started taking 3g inj l-carnitine eod.
i am not sure if it influences the metabolsim effect since i am definitely flat, but what i know is that my heart rate barely rose with this 50µ t3 whereas in the past
it made a +15-20bpm bump

Well lets look at it from a "bro science" point, so far we have alot of diff well nown BBérs using it and no one sofar have had any issues loosing fat or getting in shape, so im kinda wondering what exactly you are lookin for here ? and btw before ppl jump down my throat im all for discussing stuff i love the science, im just having issues here finding out what the problem is we are lookin for ?
I think that’s a good real world observation.
I just wonder if anyone has actually noticed more fatloss from using it.

Well lets look at it from a "bro science" point, so far we have alot of diff well nown BBérs using it and no one sofar have had any issues loosing fat or getting in shape, so im kinda wondering what exactly you are lookin for here ? and btw before ppl jump down my throat im all for discussing stuff i love the science, im just having issues here finding out what the problem is we are lookin for ?
Not trying to sound rude with this, but did you watch the video? I understand if not, it’s pretty long. However, if bro science anecdote (which I am also all for) is indeed what you’re looking for, he mentions a scenario of it in the video of someone taking it out and then continuing to see the scale drop after they plateaud (scale dropped actually TOO much, likely because they were on more t3 than needed because it wasn’t as effective).

However, to address your point here specifically

so far we have alot of diff well nown BBérs using it and no one sofar have had any issues loosing fat or getting in shape, so im kinda wondering what exactly you are lookin for here ?

We have to remember, just because the metabolism is less efficient because the t3 isn’t working as well, doesn’t mean you can’t still get lean. All it means is it will be more difficult. If you want it bad enough, and if you do enough cardio/drop food enough you’ll still get shredded. There’s no denying that. The point is, more so, that you may just be shooting yourself in the foot by adding l Carnitine in when you think you’re adding something beneficial.

Not trying to sound rude with this, but did you watch the video? I understand if not, it’s pretty long. However, if bro science anecdote (which I am also all for) is indeed what you’re looking for, he mentions a scenario of it in the video of someone taking it out and then continuing to see the scale drop after they plateaud (scale dropped actually TOO much, likely because they were on more t3 than needed because it wasn’t as effective).

However, to address your point here specifically

We have to remember, just because the metabolism is less efficient because the t3 isn’t working as well, doesn’t mean you can’t still get lean. All it means is it will be more difficult. If you want it bad enough, and if you do enough cardio/drop food enough you’ll still get shredded. There’s no denying that. The point is, more so, that you may just be shooting yourself in the foot by adding l Carnitine in when you think you’re adding something beneficial.
Honestly No i did not, maybe i should, but i watch so many many videos constantly so i try to use my time smart :)
personally i have never had issues getting into shape using L-Carn inject but never went above doses of 800mg a day and i dont mean stage ready just sommer fun ready, personally i have found it easier to get in shape with l carn and just and overall nice cherry on the top of things when using it.

it definitely has some effect on the efficiency of t3. ive started my cut 4 weeks ago and i take 50µ t3.i also started taking 3g inj l-carnitine eod.
i am not sure if it influences the metabolsim effect since i am definitely flat, but what i know is that my heart rate barely rose with this 50µ t3 whereas in the past
it made a +15-20bpm bump
why would you use 3gram ? The advice i got from Meadows was 400-1000mg a day no more is needed.

why would you use 3gram ? The advice i got from Meadows was 400-1000mg a day no more is needed.
you think at 2g eod there is no effect on thyroid but at 3g the switch magically is triggered and t3 effect is gone?

I used just 200mg ed for a long period of time and it was hard as hell for me to put on any fat, and it made dieting fat off faster......so all this thyroid talk 🤷🏿

I've had some smart coaches and they damn near all recommended injectable L-carnitine.
John Meadow
Jason Theobald (scoobyprep)
Phil Viz
Just to name a few, with all these guys clients if they saw reduced thyroid action and not enhanced fay burning they would not have it in their protocols.

Honestly No i did not, maybe i should, but i watch so many many videos constantly so i try to use my time smart
Very understandable. I work in a warehouse with AirPods in all day… I legit run out of things to listen to so I’m a bit spoiled on that department.

I’m not for or against its use, just trying to create discussion with the info presented here. Based off @M@NU having that experience, and you and @b-boy having no issues… I would logically conclude with what we have that the issue as far as it effecting t3’s ability to enter the cell as something that isn’t going to show in the real world at a more “reasonably” dosed protocol.

Honestly No i did not, maybe i should, but i watch so many many videos constantly so i try to use my time smart :)
personally i have never had issues getting into shape using L-Carn inject but never went above doses of 800mg a day and i dont mean stage ready just sommer fun ready, personally i have found it easier to get in shape with l carn and just and overall nice cherry on the top of things when using it.
I used just 200mg ed for a long period of time and it was hard as hell for me to put on any fat, and it made dieting fat off faster......so all this thyroid talk 🤷🏿
This is what I was looking for.
I don’t dismiss studies but when it comes to building muscle and getting lean I value real world experience.

Hard as hell to put on fat sounds pretty damn useful. I only hear about people using it for fatloss.

Very understandable. I work in a warehouse with AirPods in all day… I legit run out of things to listen to so I’m a bit spoiled on that department.

I’m not for or against its use, just trying to create discussion with the info presented here. Based off @M@NU having that experience, and you and @b-boy having no issues… I would logically conclude with what we have that the issue as far as it effecting t3’s ability to enter the cell as something that isn’t going to show in the real world at a more “reasonably” dosed protocol.
That is deff my experience and the ppl around me who used the same protocol, i love how we can talk and discuss things without it ending in a fight :)

Hey Guys!

OK, yes, this can seem to be a bit complex, but if you take a few seconds to look at this figure it might help:

If you're really interested, and this sounds like I'm trying to be a shill, but the article isn't mine to advertise as I wrote it for John's site, I would check out the article I wrote for mountaindogdiet (or at least listen to the two podcasts that have been posted here or in another thread I just posted in where I cover the topic.)

[IMPORTANT - Just above, some folks are talking ORAL doses along the lines of grams, e.g, 2 vs 3g and others are talking about injecting hundreds of milligrams, so that's some of the confusion in the last few posts above.

---------------

Does L-Carnitine help with fat oxidation?... Yes.

Does L-Carnitine (potentially, at some does) have a negative effect on thyroid hormone action? Yes.

We don't have an exact dose-response curve, e.g., to see what happens when you progressively increase L-Carnitine (and the stores take some time to build up / deplete) in terms of whatever slowing of metabolism would occur.

So, this dose-response curve would be time dependent given the time it takes to increase / degrees L-Carnitine and the route of administration (oral / injectible/ injectible with lots of carbs/ insulin), so this adds another complicating factor.

For example, A given higher end oral dose (e.g., 4 grams orally) might take weeks to build up over the course of a diet and at that point then, when deeper in the diet, someone might find they would also tend to reach for T3 or T4 anyway. In the case of a high L-Carn dose, they could potentially use the T3 earlier or feel they need more (base on resting HR, morning temperature, how the diet is going in terms of fat loss), than when the NOT using L-CARN in the diet (BECAUSE the L-Carn is limiting thyroid action to some degree).
---> THE ABOVE is what I've heard from a few guys now: with L-Carn (or higher L-Carn supplementation ) they ended up using more T3 than in previous diets.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE could be - this is one I just heard from a guy who's recently been on the Olympia stage - that when using both L-CARN (no Thyroid used in this case, but this person has a Juan Morel level metabolism - no, it's not Juan!) and when the L-CARN was removed deep in the prep, between shows, the competitor started dropping size, which could be explained by releasing the L-CARN brake on his metabolism. In other words, for him, his very active / responsive thyroid makes adding / holding size difficult and inadvertently the L-Carn was slowing his metabolism, which became evident when he removed the L-Carn.

NOTE HERE (See the figure linked above) that 1.) elevated T-3 (being hyperthyroid) will deplete L-Carnitine, whereas 2.) adequate T-3 is necessary for adequate ENDOGENOUS L-Carn production (hypothyroidism would / could mean reduced L-carnitine stores, or at least less endogenous production).
-----
So, 1.) if you're running high T3, you might be low in L-Carn (this is likely variable like damn near everything) and benefit by ADDING L-Carn.
OTOH, 2. ) if you're low on T3, d/t your diet, and not running T3, this means your L-Carn stores may be low (depending also on diet), so adding it could help with fat loss.

So in both those cases, L-Carnitine HELPS! LOL!

------------------

So, we've got these two molecules playing off and interact with one another in an intricate (cool as shit) way in the unenhanced, non-supplemented situation (along with of the possibility, too that exogenous L-Carn in the diet can be affecting this interplay).

THEN, when you consider what we're talking about:
1.) Artificially elevated L-Carn by injecting it (with insulin) a/r taking "massive" supplemental oral doses (relative to what you could eat in most circumstances) Plus
2.) Using exogenous thyroid sources that can make you hyperthyroid (perhaps to match being "hypercarnitine").
3.) That the impact of L-Carn on Thyroid ACTION does not manifest clearly in bloodwork (and I'd love to find some mechanistic data on this, as it suggests non-nuclear regulation of the thyroid axis in terms of feedback inhibition, etc.)

You've got something I figure those of us who might be using L-Carn, T3 (or T4) and checking bloodwork, might want to know about.

And yes, I've seen L-Carn work well for folks for sure, so I'm not saying it can't be used effectively of course. (I've used it and had clients use it.) This is just info. that can perhaps for some better inform their use in case they are tripped in a vicious cycle of adding more and more of each and not dropping fat, or decide to remove L-Carn (if they have trouble holding size when at very low BF%) . :)

-Scott

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner