advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the hardest thing to do in the bodybuilding lifestyle for you?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I can see by reading the boards the hardest thing is the nurtitional aspect and people being consistent with eating huge amounts of clean food. Yes it's expensive and time consuming to prepare but well worth it.

So many young guys jump on this eat shit, bulk, " a calorie is a calorie" nonsense that it ruins them.
When trying to gain optimal mass people should be eating 4-5 solid meals a day and having 3-4 shakes a day of pretty clean food and not shitty fast food with preservatives and tons of other junk, diet sodas and the like.

You have to condition yourself to eat and eat a lot. I remember going out to eat with a buddy of mine after we worked out and he told me he ate his ass off. He ordered a steak and potato and a roast beef. Hell to warm up I ate 2 roast beefs and then a steak and then 2 baked potatos and then asked if I could eat his half of roast beef and steak and baked pot he was picking at on his plate that he couldn't finish. (Mind you these were real roast beef sandwhiches off the board walk in OC)
He said he got sick watching me eat all that food.

But it was good food, and the tricks you should learn and use over the years are to eat for function-eat your protein first, then carbs (if refeeding) then greens. You should eat protein carb veggie meals and protein fat veggie meals at all costs. Get the food in quick and then let it settle add in bromelain and digestive enzymes fiber and acidolphilis. Anything you can to keep your anabolic machine moving-food is the most important mix in all of this, with out suffecient quantity of calories and the right nutrients you will not grow optimally. Also get in a multivitamin in twice daily with adding in extra supplemental zinc vitamin D vitamin A Vitamin E and CA and MG and lots of Vitamin C.

Training: 99% of the people on these boards train harder than anyone else "in their opinion" and I have seen 100's of guys over the years in the gym train so hard their palms bleed. but they never got that much bigger, cause they didn't eat. Have you ever seen posts on people asking how they can train harder? Most of the time they are declaring how hardcore they are to us.

Consistency is key in training as well. like eating you need to be consistent in both your training intensity and rest periods as not to over do it. Training past failure in my opinion is the most unproductive way to train at times as any. training to failure briefly or just prior to failure is a sure way to continue gains, as long as one is consistent with diet and supps and rest periods (cycling).

Juicing/ergogens:
People make this the most complicated grail of grails. I have seen more questions about juice than any other thing over my decade plus of being on these boards. one type to bulk one type to cut one type of peptide for hyperplasia.
Nothing has changed anabolic wise in the last 30-40 years, if anything it has gotten worse because the legit pharm companies were shut down a long time ago and replaced by black market. Nothing we can do about that now.

You will see some of the most technically written posts by some of the smallest guys around (example Anthony Roberts) on juice use and receptors and this and that and it's a farce when all steroids do is simply increase nitrogen retention and the best AAS for quality muscle gains are and have always been test deca and dbol. Sure other things work like tren and eq and var and strol but the big three, or big two test and deca put more quality mass on than any other compounds.

A guy could gain like gangbusters just simply by taking a mix of the three and upping the amounts each week up and down vs a guy plotting his "all anabolic" cycle of var primo tren and even blood levels plotted in an excell spread sheet. I think most people over analyze these things it's incredible.

Insulin and GH have allowed the 250 lb barrier stage weight to be broken for some time now.
But unless you are genetically gifted you will end up getting very fat offa slin if it is abused, and end up with a very large waist when doing high doses of the peptides as well GH IGF-1. Look at these pictures below and you will see the tissue I am referring too which will haunt you forever until you really lean out and lose a tremendous amount of weight again.

Just some random thoughts from reading the boards.

Attachments

• kovacs2.jpg
    kovacs2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,486
  • kovacs222.jpg
    kovacs222.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:
Also want a sure fire way to mess up your liver and impede it's function? Eat shit. Eat all the saturated fats. It clogs your liver and gall bladder up and really slows progress through out the digestive system.
I have seen many guys bloodwork go to shit liver and lipid wise on those who ate a lot of junk, whether it be one junk meal a day or week it will catch up to you.

That is a great post. All very true. Nutrition has by far to be the hardest to be consistent with but is indeed the most vital.

As always a great post and one that I and many others have to be honest with ourselves when reading. For me getting to 280lbs was a piece of cake but getting to 300 has been an absolute bitch. Now honestly I have only been shooting for 300 over the past two months but I know (as does my better half) that I need to find a way come hell or high water to get more food down the hatch. Thanks for the reminder Massive G one day I hope to achieve the kind of quality mass that you have had since before I ever picked up a weight.

Why do i feel like this thread is aimed at me lol. Clean food is not easy for me, as my family has been raised on junk because we never get fat, so i have 20yrs of being programmed to eat junk food! Its HARD mentally to turn down something that i KNOW tastes really really good to me and replace it with something i have to chew and chew and chew until i can swallow and do it over and over until the plate is clear.

Im learning new ways to spice up my healthy food. I know its not whats 100% correct and optimal, but its more optimal than McDonalds....

Manhattan clam chowder with a can of tuna in it.
Cup O Noodles with a can of Tuna. (both of these mask the taste of tuna)
Pasta with big meatballs, sausage, and maybe a can of tuna (im Italian lay off! haha)
3 Huge PB and J Sandwiches with a protein shake
Two huge bowls of cereal with 2 cups of milk each
Pork Roll Egg n Cheese omlet/sandwich w ketchup MMMMM (or il just get 8 whites, inhale them, then enjoy my pancakes hehe)
REAL Chilli
Real Burgers
Regular tuna/mayo/celery when im in the mood

Theres more but i cant think of them at the moment.
Now i know its not the most perfect diet, but whats important is consistent good sources of protein right?

AMEN

This really should be a sticky.

I never really gained until I learned to eat right...and this involves planning your cooking more THAN planning yout cycle.

Also I used to fuss around with the "anabolics" but I found that T ENAN and Deca/npp do the job with alot less pain.

Sleeping

Besides the nutrition part, I think it is hard sometimes to get enough rest. Being in my twenties, a lot of my peers want to go out to bars on the weekends. I usually work out on a Friday so Friday night there is a temptation to go out and party. Some people have called me 'old' or 'wierd' for wanting to stay home on the weekends. I don't always drink, but if I even go out on Friday night I feel drained the next day from being out until 2-3 in the morning. This was more of an issue a few years ago and as I get older (just turned 26!) I find it easier to stay home with the girlfriend eating the choc. chip cookies she makes :eek: and watching cheesy movies.(for example, we watched The Princess Bride last Fri :eek: :p ) I also took up building and flying R/C airplanes recently so finding other hobbies definitely helps as well. I notice that I feel well rested when I go to bed between 10-11 o' clock, but if I stay up until 2-3am I feel like crap the next day no matter what. I think maybe there is some truth to that old proverb about early to bed, early to rise...?

nutrition definately. Its hard when everyone around you is eating what you want to eat, but you can't. Being consistent helps with this-getting into a routine. I can't believe Kovacs is a professional bodybuilder.

Training Intensity

One of the hardest things for me is knowing when to back off. Small injuries or colds and flu's halt progress in their tracks fast. Overtraining is a problem for me. Especially while supplementing, it seems to make everything more extreme, like putting a supercharger on a engine: Twice the potential for power but you will suck twice the gas to get it.

The hardest thing?

Looking at me in the mirror while I'm dieting and feeling so small... yet still fat. :eek: :p

the hardest part for me and my bodytype is to not OVER EAT! eating has always been a joy for me, i love to eat and found that i can just keep stuffing my stomach beyond what "most" people can stand, i can pretty much eat to the point where i can hardly stand to walk 10 steps without wanting to throw up, one reason for this is that i eat very very fast, i guess that came from having to eat so fast in basic training at fort jackson, SC. my drill SGT. would smoke our ass if he found you eating with anything other than a tablespoon as a fork and knife took to long..LOL the man would stand over us screaming at the top of his lungs at us and i would pretty much inhale my food, well this pretty much became a habit that i have yet been able to break and probably will never break as its been to long doing it this way, but the upside is i can eat a massive amount of food before my stomach realizes what has hit it, the downside is that i am always burping up half chewed chunks of food, sometime so hard that it spews from my mouth especially if i have drank a lot of liquids with that food. When i went to the north americans i went out to eat with a couple of friends 1 was a light heavy in my class and 1 was a super heavy in the masters class, and they both could not believe how much and how fast i ate after the show, the superheavy told me he would challenge anyone to an eating contest as he thought he could really put away the food but i take the cake and would smash him at eating, i would be scarfing down food and look up and everyone would just be looking at me, like damn your almost finished with eating all that, my wife just laughed and said he eats like this all the time. Now all this sounds great and if i was a big guy needing to fill out my frame this would be a blessing, but im a 5ft5 guy that puts on fat really fast and really easy, i am inconsitstent with my cardio, as sometime i only do it 3 times a week and sometime i will hit it 5 or 6 days a week, i need to consistently do cardio 5 days a week to hold off on the fat gain but i haven't been dilligent at doing this. Im not blessed with one of those fast ass metabolism where i can eat whatever whenever, i have to be very strict with cardio and diet to get where i want in this sport!

Seriously the hardest thing for me in Bodybuilding is eating ENOUGH food (proteins and carbs). I am around 255# and 7%bf and have this FEAR of losing my abs because they took so long for me to develop. Also, I hate the DISTENDED gut look which I get when I try to eat 'enough" proteins and carbs. I know how important it is and the amounts that I should eat, but that is for me the hardest part of this sport.....

Mike

Deffinatley the nutrition is the hardest part for me.
I recently starting keeping a log and thought I was doing pretty good
untill you actualy sit down (and being honest EACH DAY) Figure it up.
Its hard to do every single day- day in day out.

Working out part is Easy,Takes about 1 hour of the day....
Taking a shot even easier! Takes less then 5 mins. Of the day....
Eating the proper foods Every 2-3 Hours of Every Single Day is Not easy at all for me...Its a bitch.

massive...

if its not to much trouble could you outline a sample protocol for the digestive enzymes you use or would suggest? i think that is my main problem, is my appetite. i can start to make progress, but i seem to get so full after 7-10 of pounding food, my appetite falls off for a day or 2, and im postive it has to do with digestion issues. i would greatly appreciate this info:)

The hardest part for me is to train as hard as possible every workout. I used to just putz around and juice and do little concentration curls,hammer strength excersises,etc.. but once I started doing all the hard uncomfortable excersies, thats when I blew up. Now, I just hate training as hard as possible, making every rep count, especially when dieting.

Remembering I was a beginner at this at one time and having the patience with beginners now...............
GF

As always a great post and one that I and many others have to be honest with ourselves when reading. For me getting to 280lbs was a piece of cake but getting to 300 has been an absolute bitch. Now honestly I have only been shooting for 300 over the past two months but I know (as does my better half) that I need to find a way come hell or high water to get more food down the hatch. Thanks for the reminder Massive G one day I hope to achieve the kind of quality mass that you have had since before I ever picked up a weight.

Thanks dusty I appreciate the words. I have read a lot of your posts and you definitely are doing things the right way in this sport and have a good head on your shoulders and should go very far.

Why do i feel like this thread is aimed at me lol. Clean food is not easy for me, as my family has been raised on junk because we never get fat, so i have 20yrs of being programmed to eat junk food! Its HARD mentally to turn down something that i KNOW tastes really really good to me and replace it with something i have to chew and chew and chew until i can swallow and do it over and over until the plate is clear.

Im learning new ways to spice up my healthy food. I know its not whats 100% correct and optimal, but its more optimal than McDonalds....

Manhattan clam chowder with a can of tuna in it.
Cup O Noodles with a can of Tuna. (both of these mask the taste of tuna)
Pasta with big meatballs, sausage, and maybe a can of tuna (im Italian lay off! haha)
3 Huge PB and J Sandwiches with a protein shake
Two huge bowls of cereal with 2 cups of milk each
Pork Roll Egg n Cheese omlet/sandwich w ketchup MMMMM (or il just get 8 whites, inhale them, then enjoy my pancakes hehe)
REAL Chilli
Real Burgers
Regular tuna/mayo/celery when im in the mood

Theres more but i cant think of them at the moment.
Now i know its not the most perfect diet, but whats important is consistent good sources of protein right?

this thread wasn't aimed at ya bro you are doing good. I will use some sauces and spices but still believe in the clean whole foods like lean beef and chicken rice and pots.
We certainly can be resourceful, one of my favorite meals is 96% ground beef mixed with some El Paso Taco Sauce or into Progresso Lentil Soup.
Choking down dry chicken gets old and at times I have ground my own chicken breast as well as used a food processor to mince the cooked meat and make a thick chicken salad with for a great PRO/FAT meal.

This thread was kinda aimed at the kamikazee diets that are all over the boards and if we don't take care of our guts -it's over for us. It REALLY does all begin and end with EATING, the right foods amounts types and times. 24 hour anabolism.

massive...

if its not to much trouble could you outline a sample protocol for the digestive enzymes you use or would suggest? i think that is my main problem, is my appetite. i can start to make progress, but i seem to get so full after 7-10 of pounding food, my appetite falls off for a day or 2, and im postive it has to do with digestion issues. i would greatly appreciate this info:)

Sure no problem DB

I would recommend Bromelain a digestive enzyme ginger root acidolphilis and fiber to the diet.

add this to 4 large solid meals
2 tablet digestive enzymes
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...F494BAC401FA87AB0BBF3&PID=1197&CID=&CPID=2307
1 tablet Bromelain
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/f...4F494BAC401FA87AB0BBF3&PID=272&CID=&CPID=2178
2 tablets ginger root
http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=33B8E2316F4F494BAC401FA87AB0BBF3&PID=217&CID=&CPID=312
2 capsules Acidolphilis (Probiotic blend is best)
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/Prod.../16133&SourceCode=INTA015&saleCatalogId=10051
1-2 tablespoons of Metamucil with protein shake or in water. (Fiber)

Bromelain of course has numerous benefits as well as does ginger root and acidolphilis and fiber I wrote about it earlier here:

Benefits of Ginger Root

Danish researchers found that ginger root can block the effects of prostaglandin - a substance that cause inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain and can lead to migraines.

Ginger root was found to be effective for relieving the severity of nausea even in cases of pregnancy.

It has anti-inflammatory properties that can lessen the pain of rheumatoid arthritis.

Respiratory infections - it is well known for its warming action on the upper respiratory tract, so it has been used to treat colds and flu.

It has been found to be effective in cramps caused by stomach gas. Ginger also stimulates digestion.

It has a wholesome effect on the circulatory system as it makes the platelets less sticky and is of great benefit in case of circulatory disorders.

As a mood enhancer, ginger root's cineole content may help contribute to stress relief.

Bromelain
http://www.loweringcholesterol.net/herbal-remedies/bromelain/benefits-of-bromelain
**broken link removed**

DO Not over dose on bromelain, rapid heart beat and super thin blood can result if people are popping bromelain like candy it's a supplement with drug like effects. I would not exceed 6 500 mg tabs a day and go off it on cruises.
Watch the potency on bromelain too different tabs and caps can be different mg strengths and higher GDU (gelatin digesting units) I wouldn't exceed 3000 GDU's a day.
Acidolp-I get the caps that and store refrigerated for potency vs the freezedried ones.
Acidophilus

Acidophilus offers variety of potential therapeutic uses. These include:

• Aids digestion and suppresses disease-causing bacteria.
• Treat overgrowth of bad organism in the gastrointestinal tract.
• Prevent and treat diarrhea, including the infectious diarrhea, particularly from the rotavirus.
• Alleviate symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and possibly, inflammatory bowel disease.
• Replaces the friendly intestinal bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics.
• Prevent and reduces the recurrence of vaginal yeast infection, urinary tract infections and cystitis.
• Improve lactose absorption in people who are lactose intolerant.
• Enhances the immune response. Studies have suggested that the consumption of yogurt and milk that contains specific strains of acidophilus supplements improve the natural immune response.
• Aids the treatment of respiratory infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia.
• Lower the risks of allergies such as asthma, hay fever, allergies to milk and skin reactions such as eczema.
• Help in treating high cholesterol.

Benefits of Fiber

Combats constipation
The most undisputed advantage of insoluble fibre is its ability to soften and expand stool volume, speeding up fecal transit and elimination.
Commercial preparations such as agar (Agarol) and psyllium (Metamucil) are effective stool bulkers.

Improves control
Soluble fibre from legumes, barley, oats, some fruit and vegetables can help regulate blood sugar swings and by lowering serum cholesterol, protect against heart disease.

Excess blood fats are possibly reduced by soluble fibres such as pectin, bean and oat gums, and the types in legumes (lentils, chickpeas, navy, pinto or kidney beans).

Heart health
May improve by diets rich in fibre, through its cholesterol lowering effects.

Possible protection against cancer
In the bowel, bacteria converts fibre into short chain fatty acids, which provide energy for the body and may help protect against cancer.

Using the digestive enzymes can help lessen the load on the pancreas during digestion as well as improving the over all process.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131