over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 118 - EDGAR vs PENN 2

That Joe Lauzon fight was badass. He fukking rocked that studabaker guy.

I couldn't be happier though, I was rooting for both Randy and Edgar to win, and they both did in dominating fashion. Edgar left no doubt in this fight that he was the clear winner. I had him winning the first fight decisively though imo. He has a good attitude too, and seems to be a good level headed guy.

I'm so effin' glad that Toney got his mouth shut. I was yelling when Randy pinned his head against the fence and threw a few blows to his fat face.

The maia fight was boring as hell. Even though he was dominate, he'll only ever be a gate-keeper in that division. Miranda sucked! The dude has no heart imo. He has the opportunity of a lifetime to throw bombs that last round when Maia was tired, and he just didn't do anything. I know he was tired, but that is what separates the winners/greats/legends from the losers. Very poor perfromance.

Maynard dominated Kenny Florian much more than I thought he would. Kenny looked weak in that fight. His corner...or brother I should say...is annoying as hell yelling the whole time. LOL, actually it's kind of funny:)

Maynard/Edgar should be a good fight.

BMJ

i was watching randy interview on espn.. he said that toney actually tapped from the first submission attempt against the fence and that randy let go and lighten up because he thought the ref knew. then when he let go toney started punching again lol.. so toney was a bit of a cheat lol.. oh well.. ended well.. did penn give a interview after? or did he run off..?

wow, first round? I heard Toney got 1M for coming in in that shape, lol

I haven't watched it yet , but it turned out like most people thought with Toney going down 30 seconds into the fight and being pounded and then submitted . I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did , it said on my yahoo page Toney landed very little or nothing . It said Toney will be back , and hopefully in better shape .

toney trained 9 months in mma.. the next time he tries it he better have two years under his belt.. i could have done what he did.. fall to the ground and tap lol.. no defense .. no shots landed.. he needs to stick with boxing..

I haven't watched it yet , but it turned out like most people thought with Toney going down 30 seconds into the fight and being pounded and then submitted . I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did , it said on my yahoo page Toney landed very little or nothing . It said Toney will be back , and hopefully in better shape .

If by 30, you infact mean like 15, then you're correct.

i was watching randy interview on espn.. he said that toney actually tapped from the first submission attempt against the fence and that randy let go and lighten up because he thought the ref knew. then when he let go toney started punching again lol.. so toney was a bit of a cheat lol.. oh well.. ended well.. did penn give a interview after? or did he run off..?

He gave his respects to Frankie after the fight, and stated he won the fight. He looked pretty bummed. Frankie put a beatin' on him the whole fight, and Penn just looked puzzled the whole time. His corner sucked too, and Joe Rogan acknowledged that they were of no help in-between the rounds.

You could see the disappointment in Penn's face and voice in the interview afterwards, he new he lost, without quesion. Said he was gonna have to think hard on and take some time to really think about what was next for his future.

BMJ

If by 30, you infact mean like 15, then you're correct.

LOL, yeah, I don't think he had 1 punch the entire fight....literally! Yeah, and he went down in like 15 seconds, it was quick:p

BMJ

LOL, yeah, I don't think he had 1 punch the entire fight....literally! Yeah, and he went down in like 15 seconds, it was quick:p

BMJ

Yea haha.
I went to hooters n was yelling at the end, guess who's the only person in UFC that has a 0% hit rate?

This was a terribly boring card. James Toney looked like a complete idiot. I think he didn't spend one day training in anything but boxing. I wish Randy would have pounded on him longer.

Lauzon fight was a expected...Do you think they could of put him in there with someone else besides that Reudeger (sp?) guy? Did he cry in the Ultimate Fighter?

Boxers in mma

This was a terribly boring card. James Toney looked like a complete idiot. I think he didn't spend one day training in anything but boxing. I wish Randy would have pounded on him longer.

Unlike some kickboxers , who have good success in MMA , the only boxers I know of that have done ok against limited competition have been Butterbean and Jeremy Williams , and not the Jeremy who passed away , the former heavyweight contender who it looks like he retired when he had a 5 fight winning streak over 2 years ago. Ray Mercer IMO had a fluke win over Tim Slyvia in just 9 seconds into the bout .

Unlike some kickboxers , who have good success in MMA , the only boxers I know of that have done ok against limited competition have been Butterbean and Jeremy Williams , and not the Jeremy who passed away , the former heavyweight contender who it looks like he retired when he had a 5 fight winning streak over 2 years ago. Ray Mercer IMO had a fluke win over Tim Slyvia in just 9 seconds into the bout .

Mercer was no fluke. Boxers train to hit and knock opponents out. If you get tagged, you will go. And IMO there are few if any MMA fighters who can legitimately hang and trade shots with a good boxer.

Vitor Belfort was an accomplished amatuer in Brazil I think. And when he is focused he is as good as anyone in MMA...unfortunately he often isn't in his training. Anderson Sylva did a few amateur fights too I think?

wow, first round? I heard Toney got 1M for coming in in that shape, lol

$750,000 actually.
I don't know the last time an MMA guy got that, I think Lesnar got like $400K for the Carwin fight?

toney trained 9 months in mma.. the next time he tries it he better have two years under his belt.. i could have done what he did.. fall to the ground and tap lol.. no defense .. no shots landed.. he needs to stick with boxing..

except he can't get a fight anymore. No one will pay to watch him, and that's the only reason he was in the UFC. Dana White couldn't have asked for a better opponent; I laughed when I heard people say Toney had a puncher's chance. IF he did, it's only cause Coture can't take a shot anymore. Even at his best Toney was a defensive boxer who wore guys down and made them look bad over the course of a fight. A puncher he was not. And he sure never had the rep of being the guy who outworked everyone in training camp so he was perfect for Coture.

Not true. He is a legend for his marathon Whopper lifting at BK.

I didnt like this card that well. Couture and Tomey was like a circus fight for me. I'm suprised Dana White signed him but I beleive he did it too prove a point more than anything. Edgar dominated Penn and Kenny Florian was disappointing.

$750,000 actually.
I don't know the last time an MMA guy got that, I think Lesnar got like $400K for the Carwin fight?

Oh, one of the UFC inspectors I know said 1 M with whatever endorsements and all. Still 750K to come in out of shape like that for 3 minutes worth of work. WTF:eek:

Mercer was no fluke. Boxers train to hit and knock opponents out. If you get tagged, you will go. And IMO there are few if any MMA fighters who can legitimately hang and trade shots with a good boxer.

Vitor Belfort was an accomplished amatuer in Brazil I think. And when he is focused he is as good as anyone in MMA...unfortunately he often isn't in his training. Anderson Sylva did a few amateur fights too I think?

True about Mercer. Sylvia was stupid to think he could just wade in with his chin hanging out against a guy who has been training to throw punches most of his life. (I'm surprised Sylvia has been on a winning streak as of late)

When Belfort was young, he had amazing hand speed and good power that confused and KO'd some very good MMA guys. But you're right, the guy has ADD written all over him, lol.

Anderson Silva had some Muay Thai fights, which has come in handy for him against some guys. After what Sonnen did almost pulling off the win, a lot of guys now see what to do to knock him off. At least they hope it will knock him off. I can't think of the guy's name right now, I believe he's Persian, fights in the same weight division as Silva in another organization, he has a boxing background also. The two fights I've seen him in make me think he'd knock Silva's block off in two rounds max. That is, if he hasn't been wiped out as I haven't seen him fight in about a year. :p

Maynard v Florian was the disappointment of the night for me... I expected it to be a bloody ass war, and it turns into that crap. Florian, as usual, choked on his cup in the big fight...

Maynard v Florian was the disappointment of the night for me... I expected it to be a bloody ass war, and it turns into that crap. Florian, as usual, choked on his cup in the big fight...

yeah ...very dissapointed in this fight, but Maynard's game plan was good. Florian was just way too conservative, and he screwed himself again.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesslilbullie
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131