over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

20 year old son just started training

scmtnboy

IFBB Pro
IFBB PROS
Registered
Just wanted to share this story because it has me real happy. My oldest kid who is 20 has literally been going to the gym his whole life from 3 months old in the gym day care until he was old enough to stay home alone. Then when he was 18 he got a job at the gym I go to whick he knows the owners really well because they are good friends with me. It’s really cool because I see him most days he works and get to visit a little extra with him. All the youngsters that work there are serious into gym culture and that’s why they got the job there. They of course were always asking him why he didn’t work out and he just wasn’t really interested in it. For the past two years they all tried to get him to train but he wasn’t into it. I know as a parent you can only set an example and it’s up to them what they chose to do. About a month ago some of the kids there told me he had said he thought he was ready to start. I of course didn’t say anything to him and kind of figured he wouldn’t want to do it with me which I was totally fine with. Well he text me a few weeks ago saying he wanted to start and was wondering if I could help him.

We have been training the last 2 weeks 3 times per week. Full body each time getting him comfortable with all the machines and doing some different variations on stuff like lat pull etc. Keeping it very mellow (anyone can wreck and cripple someone new to training). Going to meet him tomorrow at 8:45 for an hour before his 10am shift. Definitely something I feel very blessed to get to do 🙏

Just wanted to share this story because it has me real happy. My oldest kid who is 20 has literally been going to the gym his whole life from 3 months old in the gym day care until he was old enough to stay home alone. Then when he was 18 he got a job at the gym I go to whick he knows the owners really well because they are good friends with me. It’s really cool because I see him most days he works and get to visit a little extra with him. All the youngsters that work there are serious into gym culture and that’s why they got the job there. They of course were always asking him why he didn’t work out and he just wasn’t really interested in it. For the past two years they all tried to get him to train but he wasn’t into it. I know as a parent you can only set an example and it’s up to them what they chose to do. About a month ago some of the kids there told me he had said he thought he was ready to start. I of course didn’t say anything to him and kind of figured he wouldn’t want to do it with me which I was totally fine with. Well he text me a few weeks ago saying he wanted to start and was wondering if I could help him.

We have been training the last 2 weeks 3 times per week. Full body each time getting him comfortable with all the machines and doing some different variations on stuff like lat pull etc. Keeping it very mellow (anyone can wreck and cripple someone new to training). Going to meet him tomorrow at 8:45 for an hour before his 10am shift. Definitely something I feel very blessed to get to do 🙏
such a blessing brother warms my heart. Have had the same experience since my son was 3! Cherish it and take some pics once in a while for your keeping and memory sake :) excellent bonding experience. Just make sure to encourage and coach him rather than the dictator approach. Smile once in a while during instructing.

merry xmas !

I hear you brother. I love working out with my son. He asked for straps, knee sleeves and a new belt for Christmas. I’m sure Santa will bring them

It would make you proud if he got on stage someday and won the show. Well done in setting a good example for your son!

Have a great holiday brother.

Absolutely awesome man. I have three kids and really hope to get this same opportunity with at least one of them.
Merry Christmas man, and I’m really happy for you.

Just keep him away from other bodybuilders and he will be fine.

Be well and be safe, happy holidays!

This is how good things come about, not by imposition, giving him space and time to decide what he wants to do. Good job

My son is 14 and was hounding me to workout since 10 or 11 years old. He’s fortunate that I have a decent home gym setup where he can workout at home. He doesn’t have to be chauffeured to a gym in the area.

I set him up with a program to follow. So he’s been doing it for almost a year. He will NOT let me workout with him. I dunno why though. Guess he’s uncomfortable since he’s still starting out. I just made sure I stressed to him not to ego lift!!!!! Focus on his form and to feel the muscle work!!

Cage

My son is 14 and was hounding me to workout since 10 or 11 years old. He’s fortunate that I have a decent home gym setup where he can workout at home. He doesn’t have to be chauffeured to a gym in the area.

I set him up with a program to follow. So he’s been doing it for almost a year. He will NOT let me workout with him. I dunno why though. Guess he’s uncomfortable since he’s still starting out. I just made sure I stressed to him not to ego lift!!!!! Focus on his form and to feel the muscle work!!

Cage
Good job dad. Keep your son occupied. Also healthy.
See any progress/potential so far?
Is he following an eating plan?
Is Sam Sulek his inspiration?

MS

Good job dad. Keep your son occupied. Also healthy.
See any progress/potential so far?
Is he following an eating plan?
Is Sam Sulek his inspiration?

MS
No eating plan aside from eating every damn thing in sight!!!! He’s gonna be a big guy when he’s done growing. At 14, he’s already pushing 5’11” @ 180-185lbs. I’m guessing he’ll end up 210-230 @ 6’1”- 6’4”.

He asks abt meal plans, but he hesitates when I tell him what he’s gotta do day in and day out. Like eating clean, no sodas, junk food, etc. Seeing as how he puts on weight easily at least he won’t require 5K-6K calories just to barely grow. He just wants muscle to have the look. I’ve been pleasantly surprised he’s actually stuck with workouts for a year.

Seems like he enjoys it. That first month though he was struggling with the muscle soreness. He made it through that and is still plugging away.

Cage

No eating plan aside from eating every damn thing in sight!!!! He’s gonna be a big guy when he’s done growing. At 14, he’s already pushing 5’11” @ 180-185lbs. I’m guessing he’ll end up 210-230 @ 6’1”- 6’4”.

He asks abt meal plans, but he hesitates when I tell him what he’s gotta do day in and day out. Like eating clean, no sodas, junk food, etc. Seeing as how he puts on weight easily at least he won’t require 5K-6K calories just to barely grow. He just wants muscle to have the look. I’ve been pleasantly surprised he’s actually stuck with workouts for a year.

Seems like he enjoys it. That first month though he was struggling with the muscle soreness. He made it through that and is still plugging away.

Cage
He'll be bigger than you by then, lol. Keep setting the example and he'll excel himself !

Bet he'll be lifting with you soon enough.

@scmtnboy and @cage99 ...
Liking this thread. Your kids look up to you guys as their mentor and "idol".
What would you guys say when the kids start inquiring/asking about steroids/PEDs?
Would there be a talk about PEDs even before they start asking?
Or this scenario: you notice your kids are getting very muscular. That on, "jacked" look to their physique. Would you guide them to the proper/safe way of using PEDs? Or tell the kids to get off?
The "my way or the highway" parenting.
Just curious. I don't have a son.
Thoughts?

MS

What would you guys say when the kids start inquiring/asking about steroids/PEDs?
Or this scenario: you notice your kids are getting very muscular. That on, "jacked" look to their physique. Would you guide them to the proper/safe way of using PEDs? Or tell the kids to get off?
Thoughts?

MS
My boy makes comments abt “gear” his terminology cause he watches the ass hats on social media, etc. I don’t have any issues with my son using AAS when he’s old enough.

If he were to do it behind my back after he’s an adult I’d talk to him. Let him know they are a tool, but come with consequences. Basically educate him on every aspect of using PED’s good and bad.

And sorry @scmtnboy for partially taking up your thread!!!! I hope yours stays with it and takes over dad’s physique! 😉

Cage

Cage

Perhaps he thinks that you are going to continually correct his posture/technique. My mother trains with light weights and she doesn't like it if I go and see how she is doing.

It could also be that he doesn't want anyone to make him lose his concentration and focus, I'm one of those people.

I'd say start with the basic and trusted Test/Deca/Anadrol (or Dbol), never a disappointing cycle.

Jokes aside, I would just let him set the pace, and just be there to help him as best as you can. Make each workout a fun experience, not something he will dread. Keep the dreadful Bulgarian Splitsquats Dropsets of Death for later😉 , once he is really hooked on the Iron Culture. Enjoy the nice father-son bonding time my man, that is what I dream about and imagine what it's like to have a son 💪🏻

Perhaps he thinks that you are going to continually correct his posture/technique. My mother trains with light weights and she doesn't like it if I go and see how she is doing.

It could also be that he doesn't want anyone to make him lose his concentration and focus, I'm one of those people.
I asked but he won’t say… I’m guessing it’s because I’m able to hoist up larger weights and he’s not. I get it though. I’m in my upper 40’s and have been doing this since I was 14 is what I tell him. It takes time and consistency!!! Also, I’m always telling him it doesn’t matter what someone else is able to lift. Focus on what you can do and strive to improve!

Only thing he will allow me to do is if he’s trying a new exercise is to briefly show him how to do it properly.

I have walked out in the garage while he was working out and caught him rapidly hoisting the weights. I stop him and have him slow the motion, squeeze the muscle, and he gets frustrated cause he can’t lift the weight like he was before. He’s young, just tryin to make sure he’s doing things right or what’s the point.

Cage

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

MS
I’ve wondered what my son thinks about me as far as that is concerned. Like I said he works the front counter at my gym that is owned by two IFBB pros. He’s around people all day long very plugged in to gym culture. It’s obviously discussed on some level around him probably daily. I know from years ago the one and only time I dated someone from the gym (an employee of the gym as well) that everyone there was super curious what I was taking. It was funny because she would ask me and and at that time same as now it was just baseline TRT and growth. I’ve always thought it was funny that’s always what people think is the secret. Nobody asked what and how consistent I was with my diet, training (they see me train hard as fuck year round) sleep etc.

As far as my kid. I’d tell him the exact truth. Same as I told my older daughter when she asked. She goes to the gym and of course when people see pictures of me they ask her if I take steroids LOL. She always told them no 😂 I told her that I took a lot when I competed and now just take stuff to be healthy.

I’d also give the same advice I’ve given to every youngster that ever asked me. I’d tell them when I started (35) how many years I had of training naturally (10+) and that unless you were going to make a legit 6 figure income off your physique I would wait. The longer you wait and grow naturally the greater base and foundation you will have when you decide to cross over. It will work that much better and you will be able to use less and get more. Then you will have a longer time that you can increase doses if you want to keep growing even more.

3 months in and the last two months all of our training sessions have been together. 3 day split 5 days a week. He hasn’t missed one session. Up 10lbs and strength steadily climbing across the board. Super cool for me to be a part of 🙏

FB7AFB81-8722-429C-AD23-C2F81D5C2DB7.jpeg 5AD8B4E9-5314-4B08-B7D7-D560E2965594.jpeg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131