over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A humble tribute to The Mountain Dog

I’ve never met JM before, but his training videos have helped me many times over. He had a great approach in how he communicated proper techniques throughout the exercises. For that alone I appreciate the large imprint he left on the bodybuilding world.

Seemed like a kind and genuine man. Sad that we lose a great person such as him yet we’re left with sooooooo many asshats!

Cage

I’ve never met JM before, but his training videos have helped me many times over. He had a great approach in how he communicated proper techniques throughout the exercises. For that alone I appreciate the large imprint he left on the bodybuilding world.

Seemed like a kind and genuine man. Sad that we lose a great person such as him yet we’re left with sooooooo many asshats!

Cage
What we’re left with-

“Lol, that’s a simple question, here’s the answer…..”
7890BF05-43D5-42C1-8320-E9CD9284D763.gif

Even though i hav not hired John, he has always reply my email qns.

Was wondering why such a nice guy got conned in his supplement biz(pre-granite days). :unsure:

A

Was wondering why such a nice guy got conned in his supplement biz(pre-granite days). :unsure:
How did he get conned? By Singerman’s fake marketing?

Every once in a while god breaks the mold with what you would consider a good person to be

He broke it with John. He was an anomaly, not a bad word from anyone about him ever

That's a rare thing to see in life

RIP Mountaindog

A

No, Meadows was involved with the company, Prime Nutrition. He was helping Aaron Singerman and PJ Braun formulate products. They underdosed what he recommended and it became a minor scandal at the time. That's why Meadows left to do his own thing.

A

No, Meadows was involved with the company, Prime Nutrition. He was helping Aaron Singerman and PJ Braun formulate products. They underdosed what he recommended and it became a minor scandal at the time. That's why Meadows left to do his own thing.
yes, it was not that he got himself got conned, but he was formulating and advising on products, and they were underdosing and misrepresenting the label, but they were attributing the formulations to his name. So Singerman and Braun were conning customers, but when that info came out, John was by default caught up in the fray. He got mad, but rightfully so. He didn't want people buying crap under the impression that he made said crap or recommended said crap. they took advantage of his namesake and his influence. though unrelated, no surprise both of those assholes did hard time. Not only did they deceive their customer base, and not just with lies, but with potential endocrinologically damaging lies, but they were so smug and arrogant about. I personally do believe in forgiveness, rehabilitation, and second chances for mistakes, righting wrongs etc. These guys were multiple offenders, but hopefully, after they served their punishment they have learned from that and will not make the same errors in judgment again. I will personally never buy from them again, but also I would never begrudge anyone who chose to do so.

yes, it was not that he got himself got conned, but he was formulating and advising on products, and they were underdosing and misrepresenting the label, but they were attributing the formulations to his name. So Singerman and Braun were conning customers, but when that info came out, John was by default caught up in the fray. He got mad, but rightfully so. He didn't want people buying crap under the impression that he made said crap or recommended said crap. they took advantage of his namesake and his influence. though unrelated, no surprise both of those assholes did hard time. Not only did they deceive their customer base, and not just with lies, but with potential endocrinologically damaging lies, but they were so smug and arrogant about. I personally do believe in forgiveness, rehabilitation, and second chances for mistakes, righting wrongs etc. These guys were multiple offenders, but hopefully, after they served their punishment they have learned from that and will not make the same errors in judgment again. I will personally never buy from them again, but also I would never begrudge anyone who chose to do so.

Other than gear I buy all my protein, creative, glutamine and pre workout from true nutrition. No, they don’t have the top pros promoting their products but the products actually have what’s listed on the label and very few supplement companies today are honest about what’s in their containers.

i had been watching John since i was a young teenager. his passing was very difficult

i cant watch Samson's tribute routine without feeling a certain type of way

i bet John is doing partial laterals and 6-ways in heaven right now
I didn't know this existed...thank you SO much for sharing that.

i was coached by John in the start 2000´s and even tho we stopped workin together he always replied to my messages, dude was truly a once in a lifetime man, he made me aspire to want to be a better human and he made me fall in love with everything bodybuilding related.

he was a good guy! introduced me to the health side of eating. gave me a free membership to his site when i was in college and broke 10+ years back and was always around for questions etc. very rare to find a good guy that everyone loves. ive never heard a bad word about him.

i look back at the diet he gave me and the more i learn over the years i realise how good it was.

usually BB deaths dont impact me, but was sad at his passing. also more concerning since he was one of the guys doing it the 'right way', although i did think he always looked very red in his videos the last few years. RIP brother.

JM was universally liked by everyone in the bodybuilding space. Such a class act. If someone ever said something bad about his character as a human being, it told me that they were a rotten individual.

A recent post by a former (banned) member of the site had me kind off pissed of because he disparaged my friend. I felt a bit compelled to make this post. It has been a few years since John Meadows passed away. I know that many here will never forget him, but I felt like something good to do in '24 would be to refresh our memories of John. It is important to keep the spirit of those who have left us alive.

I am going to share a random and meaningless to everyone else a story about John below, but I please ask and encourage you to share anything you can that will help us all reminisce about his greatness / generosity, etc., even if it was something as simple as running one of his programs.

I was stationed in Columbus as a medical recruiting company commander from 2010-2013. John would frequently train at Metro Worthington, which was my "home" gym. I was a 28-year-old natty with a decent physique and decent strength, but a literal nobody. I asked him a question once about dietary fat. He talked to me for 45 minutes and then befriended me and would talk to me every time he was there. I was a nothing. He had zero reason to give me any of his time. He was genuine, authentic and caring. he just loved to fuckin train lol. He was still pretty hot and heavy with training with Dave Tate at EFS, but told me trained at multiple gyms and the really only reason he went to Metro Worthington was because of a singular seated row machine they had that he loved. LOL. It is so John, but also so me lol. This is the kind of stuff we would bullshit about. I could understand it. I have held a second gym membership just for a piece of equipment multiple times in my travels.

I moved away, and a few years later, despite no longer living in Cbus, I came back to compete in an OCB bodybuilding show. I went to train at my "old home" the night before the show and John happened to be there. He remembered me and we chatted for an hour. He was so pumped and ended up coming the next day to see me compete at the OSU student union. I would never in a million years would have thought he would have remembered me. It was really special because I won my first natty pro card, and he was there to root for me. I had no family or friends at the show. He was such a great dude, and I miss him tremendously. He was so proud of his sons. I hope that his family has found some sort of peace.

Even if no one replies, thanks for reading friends.
This might be the most liked post in pro muscle history. Just goes to show how beloved JM was.

This thumbnail came up in my you tube shorts feed. Very good look thats seemingly obtainable by any dedicated Gym Rat. At least the body fat percentage(10% ?? Someone correct me)
Kinda reminds me of the iconic Mentzer photo

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 20

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members