over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A little help with my bloodwork please

JAP426

Registered
I am a 43 year old male on trt (120 mgs weekly). I have been bodybuilding for 20 years and am 5'8" 220 pounds. I Just had a complete bloodwork including complete blood chemistry,basic metabolic panel,lipid profile and psa. I had 4 abnormal tests which were:

Creatinine: 1.39
Fasting glucose: 107
Alt: 60
Ast: 53

Dr wants to re-test in 6 weeks. How bad are these numbers and what can i do to improve them?

Your fasting glucose could be a little lower. Your liver enzymes are fine, they're slightly elevated. This could be related to several things i.e. working out prior to your labs, OTC meds or supplements. Same with your creatinine from working out, mildly dehydrated, high protein diet, or an ACE inhibitor if you are taking one?

Can you post your labs, helps get a little better picture.

Edit: List everything you are taking.

Last edited:
Your liver enzymes are slightly elevated and I'm pretty sure 120 mg of test will not cause this .are you a drinker or are you taking any other Meds ?? And yes your glucose is a little high as well . Were you fasted and did you test hemaglobin a1c ???

First file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 176
2nd file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
3rd file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 177
Last file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 177
Urinalysis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 173
Two more things

1) blood pressure 120/76
2) intense workout less than 24 hours from blood draw

Complete list:
1) trt 120 mg weekly
2) arimidex 1 mg weekly
3) lipitor 20 mg daily
4) lisinopril 20 mg daily
5) 2 baby aspirin daily
6) 1 triple strength fish oil daily
7) 100 mg coq10 daily
8) 10 mg ambien daily
9) 5 mg creatine daily
10) 2 gnc mega men vitamins daily

Your liver enzymes are slightly elevated and I'm pretty sure 120 mg of test will not cause this .are you a drinker or are you taking any other Meds ?? And yes your glucose is a little high as well . Were you fasted and did you test hemaglobin a1c ???

I drink about 12 beers a month MAX.

Yes I fasted overnight. No other tests. See above for supps/meds

Last edited:
The acute rise of your AST/ALT can be related to your intense workout prior to your labs. As will the lipitor will elevate your AST/ALT. As there may be an acute rise in your creatinine levels also from working out. The use of an ACE inhibitor can result in a 20% increase in creatinine levels. Plus the use of creatine will raise serum creatinine levels.

I really don't see any problems outside of you should work on a little better diet to help lower your fasting glucose.

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

**broken link removed**

False Estimates of Elevated Creatinine

Last edited:
The acute rise of your AST/ALT can be related to your intense workout prior to your labs. As will the lipitor will elevate your AST/ALT. As there may be an acute rise in your creatinine levels also from working out. The use of an ACE inhibitor can result in a 20% increase in creatinine levels. Plus the use of creatine will raise serum creatinine levels.

I really don't see any problems outside of you should work on a little better diet to help lower your fasting glucose.

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

**broken link removed**

lhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3383162/

Thank you sir. Any suggestions on my bloodwork in 6 weeks? Should I take off of working out for any particular time? Take off 2 or 3 days prior to blood draw maybe?

I wouldn't workout 3-4 days prior, some people may suggest up to a week. Taking that into consideration, the Lipitor and lisinoprol are still going to show altered AST/ALT and Creatinine levels. I would only believe that your primary care provider would know this, I hope so.

I would stop the creatinine about a week and a half out. And refrain from a high protein meal 24 hours to your labs. Plus your BUN levels were right at the top range of normal, so you might be taking in just a tad bit to much of protein.

Something to keep in mind, a one time snap shot of lab's isn't conclusive, especially when most of your lab's are in range. Or just slightly elevated.

Again, I would work on your fasting glucose. Sustained elevated levels of glucose can create an environment for inflammation systematically throughout your body. I would look into some OTC supplements if needed.

I wouldn't workout 3-4 days prior, some people may suggest up to a week. Taking that into consideration, the Lipitor and lisinoprol are still going to show altered AST/ALT and Creatinine levels. I would only believe that your primary care provider would know this, I hope so.

I would stop the creatinine about a week and a half out. And refrain from a high protein meal 24 hours to your labs. Plus your BUN levels were right at the top range of normal, so you might be taking in just a tad bit to much of protein.

Something to keep in mind, a one time snap shot of lab's isn't conclusive, especially when most of your lab's are in range. Or just slightly elevated.

Again, I would work on your fasting glucose. Sustained elevated levels of glucose can create an environment for inflammation systematically throughout your body. I would look into some OTC supplements if needed.

Thanks again for your suggestions!!! I will take your advice. Any recommendation of an otc supplement for my glucose?

You can check out different glucose disposal agents; berberine, metformin, chromium picolinate, cinnamon....uh, white kidney bean extract....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I will speak from MY experience and blood testing
Workouts do not raise my ast,alt or creatinine levels it is said creatine may raise these I have not found that true either
The test yr taking is that a script or U.S. Pharma
I have found many ug makers of aas are made with something that skyrockets AST/ALT numbers. the small dose that you are on could easily be the source of those numbers being elevated.
I will have a thread on this

Peace

I will speak MY experience and blood testing
Workouts do not raise my ast, alt or creatinine levels it is said creatine may raise these I have not found that true either
I have isound many ug makers of aas are made with something that skyrockets AST/ALT numbers. the small dose that you are on could easily be the source of those numbers being elevated.

Peace

The Lipitor within itself may be the cause of the elevated AST/ALT, this is a given as a common side effect of HMG-CoA reductase meds (Statins). When there is more than one pathological cause, such as in this gentleman's case, its hard to determine which is a primary and secondary cause. To many variables at play here.

The bottom line is his Liver enzymes aren't that elevated to be overly concerned. Yet that is a decision his primary care provider should make.

As with the elevated creatinine levels, I personally noticed a significant rise in my Creatinine levels shortly after starting lisinopril. This is a given side effect also. My last Creatinine lab was 1.5

Last edited:
I will speak from MY experience and blood testing
Workouts do not raise my ast,alt or creatinine levels it is said creatine may raise these I have not found that true either
I have found many ug makers of aas are made with something that skyrockets AST/ALT numbers. the small dose that you are on could easily be the source of those numbers being elevated.

Peace

Its a script from rite-aid

The Lipitor within itself may be the cause of the elevated AST/ALT, this is a given as a common side effect of HMG-CoA reductase meds (Statins). When there is more than one pathological cause, such as in this gentleman's case, its hard to determine which is a primary and secondary cause. To many variables at play here.

The bottom line is his Liver enzymes aren't that elevated to be overly concerned. Yet that is a decision his primary care provider should make.

As with the elevated creatinine levels, I personally noticed a significant rise in my Creatinine levels shortly after starting lisinopril. This is a given side effect also. My last Creatinine lab was 1.5

Yeah my dr is not concerned at all with the liver enzymes. He said that they could go 3 times normal limits on lipitor. He was also not overly concerned with the creatinine. He said that is also normal with athletes/bodybuilders. He was mainly concerned with the glucose level and wants an hba1c test done.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws