advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abnormal creatin levels in kidneys, maybe from keto?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
doc said the creatin levels were abnormal, not creatine, dont know the spelling but its different, i told her i might have been in ketosis when i took the test, she said that could have been what it was so im getting another test, she asked me if i worked out alot too, anybody have this happen and know what it may be about and the cause, i didnt catch any numbers yet, just that the creatin levels were in the abnormal range, and has anyone took a blood test while in keto?

It's not the keto!!! I have had blood work done many times while on keto and while doing a more carb based diet. If you want true numbers, you will have to stop all supplements for a while before the test and take 4-5 days off from training before the blood work.

Well

doc said the creatin levels were abnormal, not creatine, dont know the spelling but its different, i told her i might have been in ketosis when i took the test, she said that could have been what it was so im getting another test, she asked me if i worked out alot too, anybody have this happen and know what it may be about and the cause, i didnt catch any numbers yet, just that the creatin levels were in the abnormal range, and has anyone took a blood test while in keto?

Not to be anal but it is CREATININE levels, not creatin. What were the numbers? "High" does not tell me anything......

Not to be anal but it is CREATININE levels, not creatin. What were the numbers? "High" does not tell me anything......

ya i just found that out- the creatinine is whats made from protien waist, ill have the numbers up tomorow along with taking another test, from my researching assuming its from the working out and high pro, is there anything we can take that can lower the creatinine, i do drink alot of water , i use to take some kidney cleanse with dandelion, yall know anygood supps for the kidneys, from my researching they say its a myth that you cant have to much pro, but technically if your creatinin is building up from alot of pro, i guess you could get to much and make them fail?

it's from high protein and weight training

copied from google source:........Elevated levels are sometimes seen in kidney disease due to the fact that a damaged kidney will not remove creatinine from the body as it should. Also, elevated levels are seen with the use of some drugs that could impair kidney filtration. Finally, elevated levels could also be seen with muscle degeneration, a high protein diet, or creatine supplementation.

With respect to creatinine measurements, it's important to note that the amount of creatinine in the blood is regulated by the amount being produced (from protein degradation - muscle or dietary) vs. the amount that's being removed (by the kidney).

Therefore, although creatinine in the blood could be a marker of a damaged kidney's inability to filter creatinine out of the body at a normal rate, it could also be a marker of rapid protein degradation (via muscle damage from weight training or from a high protein intake).

Think of the blood as a sink. If you turn on the faucet at a low rate, the amount of water going into the sink and the amount leaving the sink should balance each other out, leading to a predictable amount of water in the sink at any moment. However, if you partially plug the drain, you'll get more water accumulating in the sink at the same faucet flow rate.

This is similar to kidney dysfunction (thinking of the water as creatinine). However, alternatively, if the drain remains unplugged but you crank up the faucet flow rate, you'll get more water in the sink due to the higher flow. This is similar to a high protein diet.

Since weightlifters are continually breaking down muscle protein (this is a good thing), even in the absence of a high protein diet, blood creatinine concentrations tend to be elevated. Furthermore, add in a higher protein diet and creatinine concentrations in the blood will rise.

Finally, since creatinine is also a breakdown product of creatine, if a weightlifter is taking creatine supplements (which most do), blood creatinine concentrations will also be high. What all of this means is that the faucet is turned up in weightlifters, not that the drain is plugged.

To address the other relevant measure, the nitrogen component of urea, blood urea nitrogen (BUN), is the end product of protein metabolism and its concentration is also influenced by the rate of excretion (as is creatinine). Excessive protein intake, kidney damage, certain drugs, low fluid intake, intestinal bleeding, exercise, or heart failure can cause increases in BUN.

I recall reading an article by Dr John Bernadi, that the levels shown from blood tests arnt necessarily a true indication of levels in out blood as we as bodybuilders create a ' pool ' from which the reading is produced...

ok my bun was 26, suppose to be under 25. creatinine ws 1.46 and suppose to be under 1.30, ratio was a 18, but doesnt say which is the higher one, the bun or the creatine, how do i fix this guys, break form high pro maybe? kidney cleanse, dandeloin? how do know if this one or both kidneys

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity