over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

acl...

grayson0017

Newbies
i am an ex college football player. i tore my acl my senior season and now i am trying to recover from that. i had my surgery in april so its still pretty fresh. i also have been fighting mma for a bit and i just now got back into runnning and grappling so i guess my main question would be if anyone who has been through this or know of anyone who had full blown acl surgery can you help me out with good leg workouts. my therapist is a joke and i get more getting out of the bed then going to rehab... i am back in the gym, matter of fact i only took 4 days off after the surgery. that was a site trying to hobble around. anyways i need some good tips on leg workouts that wont kill me. i tried the old football workouts and mma workouts and they kill me. an old man told me that leg ext would be good and running in the pool also might help. i dont mean to give my life story just wanted some advice. also in college i had a broken ankle i was on deca during that period and my ankle recovered six weeks sooner then expected. would that been a good idea for my knee. any feedback will help thanx.....

Go hard or go home.....

Do msome single leg leg presses but do not push it too hard until you can feel stronger. Hip adduction and abduction work to get some strength through the tendons and some stiff leg deadlifts to strengthen the hams. Go easy or you will blow out your hamstring on the knee you have had done. This is going to take some time and patience. Try some partial range squats for now and some partial range leg extensions. Def work the calves, both gastroc and soleus.

sorry to hear about your ACL , but I had mine repaired last july and my physical theripest made me do one legged squats , leg raises, among others but please stay away from any shearing movements like LEG EXTENTIONS !!!
hope this helps alittle if ya need more just pm me

I don't know if I'd stay away from leg extensions, but they would definately be light. The one legged exercises are good, don't push it too far though. I've only seen a few that have bounced back really fast. I knew a cat that was back squat 405 in under a month, but that dude wasn't/isn't stable!! I think it was more in his mind cause he was after it.
But other things that will help is biking, stadium walks/runs, walking linges (little to NO weight). But more importantly than anything is STRETCHING, that is what my PT pushed and promoted more than anythng and it helped. If you can have access to a rehab clinic or sports therapy facility you need to do some balance work!!

I can't stress this enough "TAKE YOUR TIME"................

It will heal and you will get back to normal just be patient...........

thanx

thank you for the comments i will give it a shot. just sucks going from being superman to being laid up in bed helpless having someone carry you around. it was a humbling experince..

Go hard or Go home....

sorry to hear about your ACL , but I had mine repaired last july and my physical theripest made me do one legged squats , leg raises, among others but please stay away from any shearing movements like LEG EXTENTIONS !!!
hope this helps alittle if ya need more just pm me
Partial range leg extension will definitely help. You need to restrengthen your medialis muscle. This helps to track the patella over the joint for stability. Light partials will do the job. Just work through the last 45-50 degrees of flextion. it is the sideays shearing you need to avoid. No twisting on your knee or you will do it again. the acl is responsible for side stabilization of the knee.

What have you been doing with your PT and for how long? What can you do without pain? What causes pain right now?

i am an ex college football player. i tore my acl my senior season and now i am trying to recover from that. i had my surgery in april so its still pretty fresh. i also have been fighting mma for a bit and i just now got back into runnning and grappling so i guess my main question would be if anyone who has been through this or know of anyone who had full blown acl surgery can you help me out with good leg workouts. my therapist is a joke and i get more getting out of the bed then going to rehab... i am back in the gym, matter of fact i only took 4 days off after the surgery. that was a site trying to hobble around. anyways i need some good tips on leg workouts that wont kill me. i tried the old football workouts and mma workouts and they kill me. an old man told me that leg ext would be good and running in the pool also might help. i dont mean to give my life story just wanted some advice. also in college i had a broken ankle i was on deca during that period and my ankle recovered six weeks sooner then expected. would that been a good idea for my knee. any feedback will help thanx.....

Go hard or go home.....

I tore my acl and had it reconstructed twice due to a football injury, so I know exactly where you are coming from. This happened to me when I was a SR in highschool so my recovery might have been somewhat quicker than if I were to have the same procedure now(I'm 26).

I rehabbed mine with my therapist who actually put me through some pretty intensive workouts. For several months I was on this workout:

-3 sets of 20 reps single leg extensions.
-3 sets of 20 reps single leg curls.
-3 sets of 15 single leg press.

Then we would alternate treading water with 25 minutes on the stepmill(low level). I think the biggest challenge for me was getting my injured leg back up to speed with the other. If I had to recommend one exercise the most it would be treading water in a pool. It seemed to help getting my cardio up as well as helping with form and overall mobility of my inured leg. Hopefully that helps.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131