advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

amino acid profiles in foods? Does it play a big factor?

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was thinking about this today and i was wondering how much it really matters. I like to regularly go to Mcdonalds for burgers lol, and i know their quality of meat is garbage. Would that mean it has an insuficient amino acid profile and make the protein values in it garbage? Any insight into this?

A little vague

TooPowerful4u said:
I was thinking about this today and i was wondering how much it really matters. I like to regularly go to Mcdonalds for burgers lol, and i know their quality of meat is garbage. Would that mean it has an insuficient amino acid profile and make the protein values in it garbage? Any insight into this?
What do you mean exactly? Are you asking if the amino acid profile matters? Yes. Not sure what garbage means. NOt sure if different parts of the cow have different amino acid ratios. It is all about ratios. Say we use the value 100. A perfect amino acid balance would be somewhat like this.

2%Alanine
10%Arginine
2%Aspartic acid
1% Cysteine
2%Citrulline
10%Glutamic acid
10%Glutamine
3%Glycine
2%Histidine
9%Isoleucine
10%Leucine
10%Lysine
5%Methionine
3%Phenylalanine
2%Proline
5%Serine
4%THreonine
3%Tryptophane
2%Taurine
5%Valine

This would be optimal. Taking anymore of one of these Aminos will make this profile less desireable.

PHIL HERNON said:
What do you mean exactly? Are you asking if the amino acid profile matters? Yes. Not sure what garbage means. NOt sure if different parts of the cow have different amino acid ratios. It is all about ratios. Say we use the value 100. A perfect amino acid balance would be somewhat like this.

2%Alanine
10%Arginine
2%Aspartic acid
1% Cysteine
2%Citrulline
10%Glutamic acid
10%Glutamine
3%Glycine
2%Histidine
9%Isoleucine
10%Leucine
10%Lysine
5%Methionine
3%Phenylalanine
2%Proline
5%Serine
4%THreonine
3%Tryptophane
2%Taurine
5%Valine

This would be optimal. Taking anymore of one of these Aminos will make this profile less desireable.

I guess then that human meat has that exact profile so maby we should become cannibals lol :D

PHIL HERNON said:

2%Alanine
10%Arginine
2%Aspartic acid
1% Cysteine
2%Citrulline
10%Glutamic acid
10%Glutamine
3%Glycine
2%Histidine
9%Isoleucine
10%Leucine
10%Lysine
5%Methionine
3%Phenylalanine
2%Proline
5%Serine
4%THreonine
3%Tryptophane
2%Taurine
5%Valine

Phil, where would you find this perfect balance of aminos? I notice that you rate glutamine and argine highly. Is this due to L. Rea's suggestions, or did you come to this conclusion on your own? Thanks.

Honestly

DIEZEL666 said:
Phil, where would you find this perfect balance of aminos? I notice that you rate glutamine and argine highly. Is this due to L. Rea's suggestions, or did you come to this conclusion on your own? Thanks.

I could and would never come to those conclusions. There are too many factors in my routine to give an honest answer. THis is from L. Rea and others.

Phil, Then what source or sources of protein would give you this optimal balance? Thanks.

Hheheheeheeh

DIEZEL666 said:
Phil, Then what source or sources of protein would give you this optimal balance? Thanks.

Now come on big D diddy!!! I could not tell that in public!!!! Actually, none will do it perfectly. This is why we have to manipulate a few factors. It is very time consuming, too lengthy to go into on paper.

PHIL HERNON said:
Now come on big D diddy!!! I could not tell that in public!!!! Actually, none will do it perfectly. This is why we have to manipulate a few factors. It is very time consuming, too lengthy to go into on paper.

AAARRRGH! Why must you constantly toy with my emotions?

Phil...i doubt that protein profile is ideal for all situations as there are time where the body needs extra alanine to avoid going catabolic

If you're not in dieting mode the quality isn't as important if you have a high quantity and are in a surplus.

If you're in strict diet mode and in caloric deficit the quality becomes much more important.

If you are eating a lot of protein and from several different sources each day the quality becomes pretty much a moot point,IMO.

Even Dan Duchaine said this.

Last edited:
I know he said that

KillerStack said:
If you're not in dieting mode the quality isn't as important if you have a high quantity and are in a surplus.

If you're in strict diet mode and in caloric deficit the quality becomes much more important.

If you are eating a lot of protein and from several different sources each day the quality becomes pretty much a moot point,IMO.

Even Dan Duchaine said this.

But today, that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. I know what he is saying, but it is a vague, blanket statement. Anyone that has been over 280 fairly lean, knows that to get that way, quality is the only way to go. The only reason to use multiple sources is because one or two of the sources is not as efficient or lacking a few aminos that the other sources can provide. The profile I put up for optimim utilization, from L.Reas' book, is impossible to find in one food. I was not saying to use one food. You have to experiment with different amino ratios to see what works best for you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131