over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anti anxiety meds Pdoc

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm prescribed Klonopin .5 mg one time a day from my psych doc, but I don't want to get addicted so I really never take it too often.

From experience or benzo knowledge.... Does anyone think it's safe to take .25 mg up to two times a week and not suffer any tolerance etc?

I did ask my doc and he just said you should be taking it as I prescribed to you which is everyday but I dislike a benzo dependence.

Thanks

I used benzos in the past at 2-3x per week and had no physical dependance at all when discontinuing.
I was prescribed klonopin in college, 1mg daily, and when taken as prescribed I had to deal with withdrawal when I stopped taking it.

A real close friend is taking Stablon not FDA approved but worth looking into. One well known sponsor carries it at the best price I've seen.

And for some it causes anxiety and paranoia.

It puts me into panic attacks and makes me very paranoid. And I've smoked it about 30x so no way

If you don't need it, don't take it everyday. If you do need it, look for other long-term options. I was on high-dose benzos for years because of a rare cancer I had that was causing bronchoconstriction, and they were the most effective treatment. That was 11 years ago, and my dosage at the time was for 10mg Ativan daily, and I've essentially been weaning off of them for 4 years now that I've been fine. I'm at 2mg of Klonopin now. I never even had anxiety issues, and it's just an albatross because of the serious withdrawal problems. Each step down is a pain in the ass for a week or so, and the final step is going to be problematic, as i already detoxed once before with barbituates prescribed, and I still had a petit mal seizure, and eventually my situation forced them to put me back on them.

Just a giant pain in the ass in general, and there is a stigma attached to them dealing with doctors, even though I have no desire to be on them, I can't even feel a thing after the doses I've been on, and never used them for recreational purposes in my life. I have a good doc now who understands I don't want them, am not some drug-seeking pillhead, and is working me off slowly, but those little bitches are like herpes, the gift that keeps on giving until you're completely off. I wouldn't sign up for that if I were you.

Last edited:
Klonopin is just a time released Xanax, technically speaking. I have pretty much used them all so I have intimate knowledge of benzos and other psychotropic drugs. .5mg Klonopin should not cause any dependency issues. Take it as your doctor prescribed it. 2mg ed and above is usually what they say could create dependency if my memory serves me correct.

Last edited:
And for some it causes anxiety and paranoia.

nobody likes a crybaby! lol but really an indica will relax you. 1 hit, not the whole joint. Or take a bite of an edible. You dont need Pfizer helping you relax. You are just part of the problem falling into the "just take this pill" crowd

Last edited:
nobody likes a crybaby! lol but really an indica will relax you. 1 hit, not the whole joint. Or take a bite of an edible. You dont need Pfizer helping you relax. You are just part of the problem falling into the "just take this pill" crowd

best to avoid rec drug talk. glad your jazzed up about reefer though.

OP - I am not a doctor, but I am an addict with anxiety issues and I have found that taking small doses of (doctor prescribed) benzos to prevent full blown anxiety attack has not caused any habituation or tolerance. I'm really intrigued by selank but dont know that I can afford the research right now.

I have taken Xanax, Ativan and klonipon over the past 3 yrs and Ativan worked best for me and wasn't that bad to come off of when done slowly. I took klonipon for 3 days and had to stop bc my wife found me talking to a 2ft tall toy nutcracker in a room only lit by a night light and Xana was fucking terrible to come off of. I did it cold turkey but under a physicians care. I had to take blood pressure Meds and anti-seizure Meds while in detox to avoid a Gran Mal seizure and potentially die. Xanax is dirty. Ppl have died both using it and detoxing from it. I say use the Klonipin as prescribed but tell ur doctor right away if any intolerable side effects persist or become a problem. Also be aware that continuous use of any Benzo, no matter how small the dose, will require an increase in dose over time to have the same effect and if not ur anxiety will likely be worse while on, then before u started, as was the case with my Ativan. I loved it but it just became ineffective over a 1yr period, that's why I tried the others. I am now Benzo free and will never touch that garbage again but I am on an SSRI AND BI-polar Meds and doing well. Hope this helps u. Hang in there bro.

I'm in the exact same boat as you bro, and no, you shouldnt take it daily.

Benzos should not be used as a preventative measure, they should be used as a rescue when you start slipping into a panic attack. That is why klonopin and xanax come in dissolvable tabs as well so your body absorbs them faster.

Taking them daily WILL cause you to slowly start needing more and more as your body builds up a tolerance. 2-3 times a week is great because you give your body time without them in your system, so you don't build up a tolerance. I have been on your same dose for a few years now. Sometimes I need them daily, and sometimes I will go weeks without taking them, but the key is intermittentcy.

Just so you know, they are often prescribed on an "as needed for anxiety" basis, but most docs will just write the script to say 1 daily (usually at night). Hell, if you can, get the doc to write it up for 2 daily, and it will be cheaper and last you longer, but still just take them as needed, and take the lowest dose you can get by on.

I've been on benzo's for approx 25 years, Klonipin is a long acting benzo as opposed to xanax which you can take if you suddenly experiance anxiety,.5mg a day is a small dose,and should be taken as prescribed, if you don't have anxiety or panic attacks and just get anxiety once in a while there is a fast acting form of klonipin (not sure of the dose) or .25mg of xanax can be taken as needed as it works fast.If you need me to elaborate PM me.

best to avoid rec drug talk. glad your jazzed up about reefer though.

OP - I am not a doctor, but I am an addict with anxiety issues and I have found that taking small doses of (doctor prescribed) benzos to prevent full blown anxiety attack has not caused any habituation or tolerance. I'm really intrigued by selank but dont know that I can afford the research right now.

Weed is hardly a rec drug. Glad you're jazzed up about benzos though. Enjoy Big Pharma's cock.

To the OP, I would recommend you ask your doctor to change your script to Xanax. With Xanax you can just take .5mg-2mg when you feel anxiety setting in or when you expect it. That way you don't have to dose constantly to get the benefits and you won't need to worry about dependence. I gather from your post you already know what a motherfucker benzo addiction can be. I find 2-3 does a week to be the most I'm comfortable with.

I don't want to come off too airy-fairy here, but you should look into meditation. It seriously changed my life. I struggled since my teens with depression and social anxiety. Exercise and a clean diet helped a lot, but meditation and the concept of being present were the real keys. Some people get annoyed because I bring it up a lot, but as a person that experienced most of my life dealing with internal pain, I am extremely passionate about sharing what healed me.

Weed is hardly a rec drug. Glad you're jazzed up about benzos though. Enjoy Big Pharma's cock.

To the OP, I would recommend you ask your doctor to change your script to Xanax. With Xanax you can just take .5mg-2mg when you feel anxiety setting in or when you expect it. That way you don't have to dose constantly to get the benefits and you won't need to worry about dependence. I gather from your post you already know what a motherfucker benzo addiction can be. I find 2-3 does a week to be the most I'm comfortable with.

I don't want to come off too airy-fairy here, but you should look into meditation. It seriously changed my life. I struggled since my teens with depression and social anxiety. Exercise and a clean diet helped a lot, but meditation and the concept of being present were the real keys. Some people get annoyed because I bring it up a lot, but as a person that experienced most of my life dealing with internal pain, I am extremely passionate about sharing what healed me.
I also agree that meditation is very beneficial for stress and anxiety. I am about to start doing some research with selank to see if it brings out meditative qualities in my lab animals. I figure lower anxiety, lower stress, and improved focus all day was worth a try.

anti anxiety

IMO if you can keep it down to a few doses a week when you need it, you should be ok. I have used benzos before like this and never formed dependency. But everyone is diffrent.

How are any of us going to give you a better chance at overcoming your anxiety issues than your doctor?

Alot of us know from experience that self treating may be a better choice than the vulnerabilites one gets from analysis and psyche meds. But if you did not have a significant problem you would not be in the doctors office.

You will do what you are going to do, but do the doctor a favor, and yourself possibly, fire him if you do not believe he has the answer.

IPG

I am prescribed xanax for sleeping but I find it relaxes me as well I actually get good sleeps without the use of G. Other sleeping pills just make me feel horrible so this kills two birds with one stone :)

I think it depends on the person. i was on 1mg of ativan x3 a day for about 6 months. When I decided I diddnt need them anymore my doc advised me to ween off the dose. I just stopped takeing them and was fine. No probs here at all. However I have a good friend on .5 mg x2 a day, If he even thinks he missed a dose he starts eeeking out.
Again it really depends on the person.

JP.

I like to keep the dose low and never over 2x per week. I usually will take .25mg of my Klonopin every 10-14 days on average. This week I took .25 mg twice.

I think benzos are great if used as needed for anxiety and sleep

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity