advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any boxers or MMA competitive fighters? curious.....ever been HIT?!

Boxed golden gloves in my ealier 20s been rocked a few times try to keep your head and fight out of it tell u get ur head back

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Everyone is tough until you grab their scalp and start smashing their head on the ground. Zero technique just walk through a punch or two maybe. Never lost a fight in my life.

You must be Rickson, how can anyone Never come out on the short end?

I always find it funny when we talk fighting that there is always one guy that gives absolute percentages and breakdowns of "what they would do if guy did this".... 38.67% of fighting is wrestling, but only if opponent is a blue belt in ninjitsu lol..

Sounds just like dr Bob

Haha was thinking the same thing

Took runner up at light heavy in the golden gloves 2 years back at my city's championship and I can say that whenever you are taking hard hits the worst thing to do is begin to freak out or get hyper, fire some jabs and get away from their power hand. I was trained to be so relaxed that you can fall asleep in the ring. Go look at B Hop or Kovalev or Mayweather, those guys before and after the fight, they don't get freaked out or worried at all regardless of how many big hits they take

I boxed in the Air Force. When training I had great technique and power. People used to watch me hit the heavy bag in the gym. Once I took my first solid punch I was humbeld quickly and looked like a 14yo black girl windmilling slaps! Its a whole new ball game.

I trained BJJ and then got into MMA. The best quote ever is by Joyce Gracie. He said take a black belt in jiujitsu and put him into the ring. Once he takes one punch he turns into a brown belt. Another a blue belt. Basically saying, much of your training goes out the window if you don't train to get hit as well.

If you want training advice on taking a hit, watch George St pierre train. After wearing himself out physically he would then train for being hurt. He would close his eyes and spin fast until he was dizzy and disoriented, then spar. Great practice for the event you get rocked.

A big, strong man with solid ground skills and even half-ass striking ability and endurance will place many small guys in a lot of trouble, even if they have great speed, stand-up skills, and endurance, especially if they do not know you.

Completely disagree, a small, fast person with good striking skills will DESTROY a much larger opponent, even with decent striking skills, it will never go to the ground.

Remember: a professional super lightweight boxer can hit harder than a 300lb guy with a 600lb bench, period, it's not even close.

Everyone is different, some people can just absorb them and go on with a level head while others (Lesner) lose it when they get caught.

Completely disagree, a small, fast person with good striking skills will DESTROY a much larger opponent, even with decent striking skills, it will never go to the ground.

Remember: a professional super lightweight boxer can hit harder than a 300lb guy with a 600lb bench, period, it's not even close.

Not if the big guy can take a few punches LOL Not sure if I believe this. Maybe for most big guys with no athleticism

The average pro boxer punch strength from study is 3427 Newton (N)= 770.42025 Pound Force. This was average some had strengths just over 1,000 pound force and those were the heavier fighters.

Many my friends weigh 220-260lbs punches average consistently in the 800's Pound Force without any formal training. I'm not sure if athleticism plays a role, but these guys who were athletes played football in college and just lift now. Im 240 and don't do much striking, more wrestling,BJJ and always average in 800's as well.

ehhh I have been on many fights brother and as far as I can tell you, I'd look up the cheat codes that give you unlimited health.... press X O O L1 L1 L2 R2 R2 and see what happens

LOL .Just read this and bout spit up my meal.

ill have to disagree with you my bro lol ....now, IMO- if the small guy has super skills and large guy is completely untrained or very poor in fighting? yes for sure... but weight classes are made for a reason... ive been around fighting my entire life, probably had 45 street fights and have probably been in the same room as 200 others... 90% of those fights were fought in a closed area like bar/club/closed room/seats at a stadium etc.. when its a confined close space, and its "You talking to my gf bitch?!?!"(hahahaha example obviously) at 1ft away face to face and the first shot comes flying 2 seconds later ....when its gonna be a toe to toe shootout of power shots for all of a few seconds, i take the bigger "decent" fighter at 6'2" 235lbs over even Floyds ass :D .... movement is restricted... the smaller guy can't get hit and in those type of fights they are usually gonna get touched and go down or be overwhelmed and like rushed to the wall/floor and then manhandled... they don't have space to dance around and avoid going shot for shot..

Best thing a small guy who is a good fighter(or any skill level really) against a larger guy is get them outside the confined space to outside and into space where your speed and endurance will play out more and more easily defend getting close into power distance ...

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong... I've seen many many many smaller guys get the better of and finish bigger guys...just not the larger % of the normal scenarios I've seen

Not MMA. But before sports realized "Bell Rung" meant your were knocked Crackers. I was in the era that if you wanted water your were a candy ass.

I remember:

1. Not remembering things while watching on film.
2. Crying on the field. Not Pussy. Crying while breathing hard with a death mission and creating havoc.
3. Laughing at myself for some things I did, which were in my character but I had no idea I did on the field. (Nice to hear about your exploits, instead of experience them).

Longest it ever took me to realize I just came out of something with less than a week. But I truly do not know how many times. BTW when hit the hardest, no pain, none. It's the head hits that you remember. They do not hurt, but have the most impact in your life.

I worry more about the other side of my pain.

PWood

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311