over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any pros that do full body workouts

not a bodybuilder by no means and do not watch what i eat other then try to eat good food , iuse full body workout three times a week speed day on tueday all explosive movements with about 60% of max chains bands also thursday is a day for alot of reps move from one movement to the other never really stop and no plan just lift and hit all muscle groups somtimes just one set and saturday or sunday is event day for strongman. i am not saying this is optimal for bodybuilding but for guys that want to be in shape not bad .I dont take anymore i still in good shape

LEGS
Leg Press 1x 20 750
Leg Extension 1x 14-20 250
Squats 1x 14-20 505
Leg Curls 1x 14-20 150
LATS
Nautilus Pullover Machine 3x 20
Special Circular Pulldown 3x 20
Chinning 3x 20
DELTOIDS
Standing Lateral Raise 3x 20 60
Press Behind Neck 3x 20 215
Nautilus Special Side-Raise 3x 20
TRAPS
Shoulder Shrugs 3x 20 280
CHEST
Bench Press 2x 20 350
Incline Barbell Press 3x 20 225
Parallel Bar Dips 3x 20 100
Cable Crossovers 3x 20 40
ARMS
Barbell Curl 1x 20 200
Nautilus Bicep and Tricep 1x 20 120
Nautilus Pushdown 1x 20 110
Compound Tricep Movement 1x 20
FOREARMS
Seated Barbell Wrist Curl 2x 20
CALFS
One Legged Calf Raise 85 dumbell 4x 50.
LOWER BACK
Dead Lifts 1x 30 400

Wait, are you saying that he did all those listed exercises in the same workout?

I have my doubts about the veracity of that workout...for one, I'm pretty skeptical that he could do all of the weights and reps FRESH, let alone one after the other. Those are MONSTER lifts--and at 19?? I don't think so.

Squatting 500 for 14, then flat bench 350 for 20--TWICE, and then to finish it all of, deadlifting 400 for 30??!?

Wait, are you saying that he did all those listed exercises in the same workout?

I have my doubts about the veracity of that workout...for one, I'm pretty skeptical that he could do all of the weights and reps FRESH, let alone one after the other. Those are MONSTER lifts--and at 19?? I don't think so.

Squatting 500 for 14, then flat bench 350 for 20--TWICE, and then to finish it all of, deadlifting 400 for 30??!?

First of all don't question Alfresco he does not make shit up! Secondly at 57 I was around when 19 year old Casey Viator did those lifts. It is absolutely true. Casey was the youngest ever Mr. America at 19 years of age.

You need to take a good look at your training, aas, and diet then man! Thats not too hard to recover from at all! Personally if I am not hitting everything 2x a week I go flat/soft nearly immediately.

No, I don't.
If you aren't doing some pussy 30% of max training, then I could see this being possible. No way am I going balls out on compound lifts for 20 rep maxes 3x per week.

Ive seen some pretty jacked PL's

I have a buddy that PL's, hes built like a tank, but a little chubby....hes a powerlifter so his pwo meal is usually mcdonalds lol. his split is like this

Monday: Bench/squats

wed: OHP/Deads

Friday: accessory/speed squats

No, I don't.
If you aren't doing some pussy 30% of max training, then I could see this being possible. No way am I going balls out on compound lifts for 20 rep maxes 3x per week.

You absolutely do IMO man, no offense is intended.

Heres my leg workout from yesterday

Squats 505 x 15 3 sets
Incline Hack Squat 700 x 20 3 sets
Leg extensions stack + 90 x 50 3 sets
SLDL 315 x 20 2 sets
Laying leg curls stack + 45 x 10 2 sets
Cable leg curls 50 pounds x 50 2 sets

I hit everything 2x a week (well 3 days on 1 day off)... Very high intensity and have no issues recovering.

Im a big fan of the DC methodology with a few fairly drastic tweaks. Frequent training = more growth spurts + the Fascia stretching

In the course of finding a training routine requested by another member in another
post, I ran across this.

Having spent considerable time with one of these people below (like 24/7) and having
met, talked to, all the other parties mentioned and few that were there and not mentioned,
I found some additional information regarding total body workouts I posted earlier in
this thread and thought it might be worthwhile to post. And while I was not “there,”
for a variety of reasons, some may disagree, some may agree, I believe it to true, and
makes no difference to me what you might think . . . it is good food for thought none
the less.

Nautilus Training Bulletin Number 2, by Arthur Jones, published in 1971

from Chapter 1 . . .

On May 16, 1971, Casey Viator won the Junior Mister America contest, and four weeks later,
on June 12, 1971, he won the Mister America contest in the most spectacular fashion in the
history of such contests -- in addition to the Mister America title, he won the Most muscular
Man in America title and the subdivisions for Best Arms, Best Back, Best Chest and Best Legs.

And -- at 19 years old -- he is the youngest Mister America winner up to this point in time.
More than thirty of the leading bodybuilders in the country competed against Casey in that
contest -- and I would be willing to bet that almost all of them trained at least twenty-four
times during the four weeks immediately prior to the contest; during the same four weeks,
Casey trained a total of SIX TIMES -- he didn't train at all for two weeks after the Junior
Mister America contest, and then he trained only three times weekly during the last two
weeks before the Mister America contest. Three weekly "total body" workouts -- for the
legs, the back, the chest, the shoulders, the upper arms, and the forearms. Workouts
requiring less than one hour and twenty minutes each -- a total of less than four hours
of weekly training.

Dr. Elliott Plese of Colorado State University was in DeLand, Florida during the last week
of Casey's training for the Mister America contest and can certify to the frequency, duration
and intensity of the workouts. Ellington Darden of the Florida State University was present
during Casey's final workout on Thursday, June 10, and can also certify to the facts; during
that last workout, Casey's primary leg routine consisted of only three exercises performed
within a period of approximately three minutes -- one set of leg presses (20 repetitions
with 750 pounds), one set of thigh extensions (20 repetitions with 225 pounds), and one
set of full squats (13 repetitions with 502 pounds). Each set of every exercise was carried
to the point of absolute failure -- and there was no rest at all between sets.

In addition to the above-outlined routine, Casey performed two sets of thigh-curls and
three sets of calf-raises -- thus the entire leg portion of his workout required approximately
nine minutes.

from Chapter 32 . . .

If you are training in a gym with the current Mr. America, and if you like him personally,
you will rather naturally look upon his advice as sound, "...after all, he did win, didn't he?"
But in fact, with his potential, perhaps he should have won earlier -- maybe his own firmly
held beliefs have delayed his progress enormously.

You think otherwise? Well, let me give you a case in point; I have just finished a year
devoted to (among other things) the training of Casey Viator, who recently won the
Mr. America title in the most spectacular style in history -- together with the Mr. America
title, he won five of the "subdivisions", most muscular, best arms, best back, best legs,
and best chest, so, all in all, he took home six out of a possible seven trophies from
that contest; additionally, during the year that he trained under my supervision, he
won every other contest that he entered -- the Teen-Age Mr. America, the Mr. U.S.A.,
and the Jr. Mr. America; and on top of that, he is undoubtedly the most massively
muscular bodybuilder in history, fully as defined as any major physique contestant
has ever been, literally "because of his size" rather than in spite of it, because his
size is muscular size, not fatty tissue, and he is one of the strongest men in the world,
and certainly by far the strongest bodybuilder in the world.

Under the circumstances, you would probably expect Casey to be extremely well-
informed on the subject of proper training; but is he, in fact? Quite frankly, I simply
don't know; all I can do is judge his knowledge on the basis of my experiences with
him. And since I like Casey, this becomes difficult to do; because it puts me in an
unavoidably biased position.

When Casey first came to Deland, Florida to train under my supervision, he weighted
198 pounds in well-defined, muscular condition; his largest upper-arm measured exactly
18 1/6 inches; and while he was fairly strong for a bodybuilder of his size, he could not
have squatted once with 500 pounds if his life had depended on it.

A bit less than a year later, his largest upper-arm measured exactly 19 15-16 inches; he
weighted 218 pounds in even more defined condition; and two days before the Mr. America
contest that he won, he squatted 13 repetitions with 502 pounds -- after "pre-exhausting"
his legs with 20 repetitions with 750 pounds in the leg-press and 20 repetitions with 225
pounds in the thigh-extension machine. All three of which exercises, leg-presses, thigh-
extensions, and squats, were performed in rapid succession, with no rest between sets.

And while the "actual gains" that Casey made during that time are really not exceptional –
his "relative gains" are almost unbelievable; since the larger you become, the harder it
becomes to get even larger -- the first part of the trip up a mountain may not be too hard,
and you may move quite rapidly, but wait until you get near the top and see how fast you
are moving. You may reduce your time for the mile from six minutes to five minutes with
very little training -- but then see how long it takes you to reduce it to four minutes.

Yet, the simple truth of the matter is that Casey probably could have gained at least twice
as much as he did during that period of time -- and I really expected him to do so; I wanted
him to weigh-in at the Mr. America at a bodyweight close to 240 pounds, with a "cold"
upper-arm measurement in excess of a legitimate 20 inches -- and I think he could have
done so, if I had actually trained him during the entire period while he was in Florida.

Casey never failed to cooperate fully when I was training him -- if I told him to do something,
he did it -- If I told him to avoid something, or change something, he did it; I have no slightest
complaint regarding his cooperation -- but, unfortunately, I simply did not have time to
supervise all of his workouts.

Up to November 1st, 1970, I did supervise almost all of his workouts -- and he gained in size,
in strength, and in muscularity (definition) during that period; when we took a photograph
of his back and another photograph of his arm on November 1st, Casey could hardly believe
that they were actually pictures of him, and said so.

But from November 1st until April 1st -- a period of five full months -- I was simply too
busy to supervise Casey's training; so during that period he trained with several people for
different periods of time -- still in the Deland High School gym, still using all of the Nautilus
equipment and a large variety of conventional equipment, but without my supervision.

And for a period of five full months, his muscular size, strength, and degree of muscularity
steadily declined -- and if you think not, then compare the pictures that were taken on
November 1st, 1970, and that were published shortly afterwards in Iron Man, to the
picture of Casey that was on the cover of Muscular Development magazine a few months later.

Peary Rader, the publisher of Iron Man Magazine, wanted a good color photo of Casey to
use on the cover of his magazine for the issue that appeared just prior to the Mr. America
contest -- and in an attempt to get a good picture of Casey, we took literally hundreds of
color photographs; but none of them were satisfactory -- Casey looked "smooth" in all of
them, he looked "fat", because he was fat.

So, on the first of April, with the next contest -- the Junior Mr. America contest -- only six
weeks away, I realized that I had to start supervising Casey's workouts again; or take the
risk of having him lose the contest. So I did start supervising his workouts again -- every
repetition of every set of ever exercise during each workout.

While he had been supervising his own training, Casey had fallen back into the habit of
training almost every day -- and always at least five days each week; so the first thing I
did was get him back on a schedule of three workouts each week -- and the second thing
I did was cut out about half of the exercises he had been doing while supervising his own
training -- and the third thing I did was cut his number of sets to two per exercise in most
cases, and one per exercise in some cases; for example, only one set of squats, three
times weekly -- and the forth thing I did was to assign a very strong football player the
job of training with Casey in order to "push" him -- and the fifth thing I did was push
them both.

And immediately, Casey started moving in the other direction -- we could literally see
him grow from workout to work-out; his high-repetition sets of leg-presses moved from
400 pounds to 750 pounds within less than a month, his squats (after "pre-exhaustion")
moved from less than 400 pounds to over 500 pounds in the same period of time -- he
got larger, noticeably larger, by the workout -- he became more defined, day by day –
and within four weeks he was almost back into the shape that he had attained earlier,
the peak of condition that he reached the previous November 1st -- and within six weeks,
by the time of the Junior Mr. America contest, he was in almost unbelievable condition,
larger, stronger, and more defined than he had ever been before. When Red LeRille
(Mr. America of 1960) saw him -- and Red prepared Casey for the Mr. America contest
the previous year, eleven months earlier, and thus was very familiar with Casey's physique –
he stated that he ". . . would not have believed that Casey could improve that much in a
year if he hadn't seen it personally."

Yet, in fact, it hadn't "actually" been a year -- it was more like six weeks; or, if you want
to include all of his training that produced gains instead of losses, you could call it twelve
weeks -- six weeks "up", five months "down", and the six weeks "up" again.

So -- did Casey actually learn anything while training here? I don't know; but from all
appearances, I can only say that he certainly displayed very few signs of any real learning –
and no practical results at all, except negative results.

Now -- it may well be true that Casey is an individual who cannot -- or will not –
push himself; and you must be pushed by somebody to produce the size and strength
that he attained while I was supervising his training -- if you can't, or won't, push yourself,
then somebody else must do the pushing for you.

Ellington Darden was present during Casey's last week of training just before the Mr. America
contest, and he remarked ". . . it would be interesting to know just how much of the results
are produced by the machines and how much by Jones' pushing."

Which is certainly an interesting question -- and one that I obviously can't answer; but it
should also be obvious that you can't push with a rope, you must have a pole -- regardless
of how much I push, the machines must still be able to do the job, otherwise the results
would not be produced. And anybody familiar with my writing should certainly be aware
that I have always clearly stated that the machines are merely tools -- and that like any
tool, they will do nothing by themselves; they must be used, and used properly, and like
any tool they are subject to misuse.

Then two or three days before the Mr. America contest, I overheard Casey tell somebody
in the gym that, ". . . I learned long ago that it is impossible for me to overtrain."

All I can say is, ". . . did he?"

Now -- let there be no slightest doubt on one point; Casey trained hard -- Casey
performed actual workouts -- Casey made the gains -- and Casey deserves the credit
for these gains. But that is not my point; my point is, " . . . did Casey actually learn
anything from the experience?" Under the circumstances, I can only judge from my
experiences with him -- and using that experience as a guide, I am forced to say that he
apparently learned very little.

But I certainly learned something from those same experiences. I was able to demonstrate
just what could be done with a subject who has far better than average potential and a
willingness to work hard (even if he apparently does require outside pushing; which most of
us do at one time or another, in one way or another), and I also learned that I must personally
supervise every workout if I am going to be sure of best-possible results.

(edit)

And please do not misread any of the above as criticism of Casey -- in spite of my generally
bad opinion of bodybuilders as a group, I enjoyed supervising Casey's workouts; it is only a
shame that I couldn't find the time to supervise all of them while he was here.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131