over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any pros using full body workouts

How old are you? At my age of plus 40, the last day gives me a lot of apprehension. 5 sets of 2 reps with really heavy weight(obviously), that is asking for an injury, beside the fact that its not really a good bb rep range. Close grip bench presses never did a damn thing for my tris, so that exercise doesn't interest me. Tweak it to fit your needs and favorite exercises. Take the basic points and make it fit you. I use to look for magical splits and exercises a long time ago. There is no magic. Stick to the compound moves and stay in a sane rep range, varying from time to time, but I would vary to the upside, using lighter weight, not extremely heavy weight for doubles. If you're under 30 and like performing feats of strength, knock yourself out.

How old are you? At my age of plus 40, the last day gives me a lot of apprehension. 5 sets of 2 reps with really heavy weight(obviously), that is asking for an injury, beside the fact that its not really a good bb rep range. Close grip bench presses never did a damn thing for my tris, so that exercise doesn't interest me. Tweak it to fit your needs and favorite exercises. Take the basic points and make it fit you. I use to look for magical splits and exercises a long time ago. There is no magic. Stick to the compound moves and stay in a sane rep range, varying from time to time, but I would vary to the upside, using lighter weight, not extremely heavy weight for doubles. If you're under 30 and like performing feats of strength, knock yourself out.

im 34 sir and i see what you mean ,you see how that workout its a little different then other full body routines and i couldnt see how it couldnt build some serious muscle, i mean thats 15 sets weekly per bodypart 3 days week, it just caught my eye, you guys probably thought i meant 3 day all same, squat, deadlift, bench, etc oh hell no ,thats seems painful, but i was looking at that workout like not even full body, kind of like split routine, but my full body knowledge is all theroy no practice, thank you for looking it over and responding back

Last edited:
I am not a pro yet, but I do use full body work outs after I take a few weeks off the gym.

For me full body workouts have produced better results then body part split routines. Note that I fall into the “ectomorph / hardgainer” category. I'm using a routine by Scott Abel that has one exercise per body part for 4-5 working sets. The subsequent day changes the exercises and also the rep ranges and plane of motion. The routine is designed to be easily modified to fit multiple schedules. I typically do one on one off, but sometimes I perform up to 4 day in a row without rest. I am convinced that I grow better with more frequent but less volume workouts.

Abel is good! Besides thinking he is the only one who knows anything about bb, he's good.

Full body is still tough, especially in a crowded gym. If you can manage 4 days, consider splitting the body in half, and in the order they are typed....

1 day)arms/calves/legs
2 day) chest/back/(shoulders, medial head) I think front and back get hit with basic presses and rows...
this allows twice a week for each muscle. Make a block to train calves at home if they are a weak point...

Full body is still tough, especially in a crowded gym. If you can manage 4 days, consider splitting the body in half, and in the order they are typed....

1 day)arms/calves/legs
2 day) chest/back/(shoulders, medial head) I think front and back get hit with basic presses and rows...
this allows twice a week for each muscle. Make a block to train calves at home if they are a weak point...

cool man thanks ,if i decide to try the tried and true workout i posted ,i think on that 3rd day, instead of doing 5 sets of 2 reps, i will keep it same as day 1 and 2 and do the 5x5, still lifting heavy ,but not maxing out for 5 reps like suggested ,thanks

cool man thanks ,if i decide to try the tried and true workout i posted ,i think on that 3rd day, instead of doing 5 sets of 2 reps, i will keep it same as day 1 and 2 and do the 5x5, still lifting heavy ,but not maxing out for 5 reps like suggested ,thanks

sounds good. don't feel locked into anything. mix it up from week to week.

i was wondering what are the pros and cons of doing full body workouts, i mean you hear alot about split routines, for example growth priciciples says to use a 3 day routine, so why not 3 day full body, instead of 3 day split, for the guys who tried both, what are the results compared to the other, for someone whos goals are fitness model body, not a bodybuilder, could you still get huge with 3 day full body workout, the one that caught my eye was in the articles forum, page 3, tried and true workouts by razorcuts ,check that one out, it looks killer

I actualy enjoy full body sessions . can they help in mass gains ? maybe not . but there a good alternative to doing the normal one bodypart a day routine .

it feels great to get a great pump all over in one workout . I do these workouts 3 to 4 times a year . I only do them for 2 weeks . once in march then again in july . this is what the workout looks like . it takes me roughly 2 hours to complete. it's something different to do . I wont do them again till probably October.

workouts take place on Monday , Wednesday, and Saturday

5 sets for chest
5 for back
6 for shoulders
4 for arms
4 calves
2 hamstrings
4 quads

Last edited:
I actualy enjoy full body sessions . can they help in mass gains ? maybe not . but there a good alternative to doing the normal one bodypart a day routine .

it feels great to get a great pump all over in one workout . I do these workouts 3 to 4 times a year . I only do them for 2 weeks . once in march then again in july . this is what the workout looks like . it takes me roughly 2 hours to complete. it's something different to do . I wont do them again till probably October.

workouts take place on Monday , Wednesday, and Saturday

5 sets for chest
5 for back
6 for shoulders
4 for arms
4 calves
2 hamstrings
4 quads

full body workouts dont help you gain mass? of course you can gain mass just have your diet in check, your not gonna see much doing them for 2 weeks though

Last edited:
I think a well-organized 3 day rotating full body routine has it's place, where the big lifts are split ex:
fullbody1:
-chest exercise = incline bench
-back exercise = cable row
-leg exercise = leg ext superset leg curl

fullbody 2:
-chest exercise = cable flyes
-back exercise = deads
-leg exercise = bulgarian split squat or lunges etc.

fullbody 3:
-chest exercise = flat DB hex press
-back exercise = lat pulldowns or chinups etc
-leg exercise = back squat ATG

There would be delt, arm, abs, calves worked in too but that's an example of how I see fullbody <working> in a positive way

I think this works well for beginner and intermediate trainees, and perhaps even MPD / bikini competitors during contest prep as a way to burn more cals per workout and maintain muscle while dieting...

For me full body workouts have produced better results then body part split routines. Note that I fall into the “ectomorph / hardgainer” category. I'm using a routine by Scott Abel that has one exercise per body part for 4-5 working sets. The subsequent day changes the exercises and also the rep ranges and plane of motion. The routine is designed to be easily modified to fit multiple schedules. I typically do one on one off, but sometimes I perform up to 4 day in a row without rest. I am convinced that I grow better with more frequent but less volume workouts.

What book are you using for the workouts?

I just cant see doing a full body workout in one day...it would take me atleast 4 trips to the gym...i almost puke on legs everytime and thats just squats, leg extensions, curls, calves,and that stupid hip induction machine.

I do chest and arms seperate from shoulders and back...i cant do them both in one session....im too burnt out to be able to combine plus I feel its not getting the full benefit if I would try to do a full body workout... maybe i could see this if I didnt lift heavy

I just re read this about Viator! I didn't know he died? He use to live about 15 minutes from me. Damn

I'm not convinced that was the only way he every trained(full body only). He was part of the Arthur Jone's marketing for nautilus equipment of the high intesity/ ,Mike Mentzer stuff, to sell books, etc.

You still live in La.?

Look for kai greene, he does full body work outs.

kai ..?I did not know this.

Anyhow everything works.My opinion is that with the right proponents fullbody can be great to just adding overall mass.

Fullbody also is great in strength training but it does have its place in bodybuilding as well.

(edit) okay i just checked it out and yes kai does use fullbody training in the right situations.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity