over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Using Astragalus For Kidney Health/Prevention

I think what needs to be determined is the absolute best forms of astragalus(for example I have nature's way which has a 1.41g serving size of the root).

Also, I've been trying to find the best form of arjuna. There's no reason any of us should just be ordering up without finding the best utilized and effective form. There doesn't seem to be a ton of definitive evidence out there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think what needs to be determined is the absolute best forms of astragalus(for example I have nature's way which has a 1.41g serving size of the root).

Also, I've been trying to find the best form of arjuna. There's no reason any of us should just be ordering up without finding the best utilized and effective form. There doesn't seem to be a ton of definitive evidence out there.

These 2 are the best forms of astragalus

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874115002962

Arjuna forms:

https://examine.com/supplements/terminalia-arjuna/

I did yeah, I think lisinopril is better tbh..

plus stewie and gotgame recommend it

I've been thinking of trying lisinopril simply because stewie and gotgame like it. Been using Telma at 40 and 80mg. I'm not sure exactly what differences a person is going to see/feel but from what stewie has said and reading up on the two, both are great and have their differences internally.

I know with astragalus, even using NOW product, this helped with my blood work. I'm going to order in bulk powder off amazon and start taking 3-4 grams. As for Arjuna, as linked below, it just depends on what you're using it for and then you need to find the correct extract, being either the water or ethanolic or acetone extracts.

Reading more on Astragaloside IV, seems there are conflicting sources of funding and also this form has a low bioavailability.

Last edited:
This was a great post to read. My eGFR was down to 49, but when I did a 24 hour urine test and did the calculation for GFR it was 71, still not great but after 30+ years of gear use and untreated high BP for (probably) years, its not to bad. My mom was on dialysis due to diabetes and I do not want to do that. I take several kidney supplements but never heard of astragalus and will now look into adding it to the mix.

I've been thinking of trying lisinopril simply because stewie and gotgame like it. Been using Telma at 40 and 80mg. I'm not sure exactly what differences a person is going to see/feel but from what stewie has said and reading up on the two, both are great and have their differences internally.

I know with astragalus, even using NOW product, this helped with my blood work. I'm going to order in bulk powder off amazon and start taking 3-4 grams. As for Arjuna, as linked below, it just depends on what you're using it for and then you need to find the correct extract, being either the water or ethanolic or acetone extracts.

Reading more on Astragaloside IV, seems there are conflicting sources of funding and also this form has a low bioavailability.

Amazon for Cycloastragenol

Badmonkey for astragaloside iv

Raised enzymes...so common its like clockwork and pretty easily fixed, but the truth of the matter is unless you are abusing high dosage orals for lengthy amounts of time (whereas adenomas are what needs to be worried about in that case) liver problems are minute in the sport.

I thought the verdict on adenomas was high estrogen?

This was a great post to read. My eGFR was down to 49, but when I did a 24 hour urine test and did the calculation for GFR it was 71, still not great but after 30+ years of gear use and untreated high BP for (probably) years, its not to bad. My mom was on dialysis due to diabetes and I do not want to do that. I take several kidney supplements but never heard of astragalus and will now look into adding it to the mix.

what kidney supplements are you already taking?

thanks.

what kidney supplements are you already taking?

thanks.

I take Solray Kidney blend and Dr Christopher Kidney formula with CO Q10, Tumeric Curcumin, Carlson fish oil. I take several others but these more support the kidneys and heart. Since reading this, I ordered NUSA Pure Astragalus (2000 mgs/tab) and will try this added to the rest.

Can someone please explain to me the mechanism of action in which Astragalus(or any of these supps) supposedly helps regenerate the kidneys?

I used to be a huge proponent of supplements and had a list so large that it made nothuman's list microscopic. I have started questioning my prior beliefs, and while I still find some supplements beneficial; I think many are overhyped and give people a false sense of security that they can abuse their bodies and just take some supps and they will fine.

One of the philosophies I am basing my thoughts off of is this: the body was created by a higher power and we were given everything we need to survive on this planet. We should be putting in our body things that were designed for our body; real food. Supplements are either synthetic or processed, extracted, and manufactured in a way that was not planned on by nature. I question whether the body, which so precise and intricate, actually recognizes these supplements as they were intended or if there are aspects that the body doesn't recognize and therefore causes chaos in the body. Just some food for thought; no pun intended. :D

Can someone please explain to me the mechanism of action in which Astragalus(or any of these supps) supposedly helps regenerate the kidneys?

I used to be a huge proponent of supplements and had a list so large that it made nothuman's list microscopic. I have started questioning my prior beliefs, and while I still find some supplements beneficial; I think many are overhyped and give people a false sense of security that they can abuse their bodies and just take some supps and they will fine.

One of the philosophies I am basing my thoughts off of is this: the body was created by a higher power and we were given everything we need to survive on this planet. We should be putting in our body things that were designed for our body; real food. Supplements are either synthetic or processed, extracted, and manufactured in a way that was not planned on by nature. I question whether the body, which so precise and intricate, actually recognizes these supplements as they were intended or if there are aspects that the body doesn't recognize and therefore causes chaos in the body. Just some food for thought; no pun intended. :D

https://examine.com/supplements/astragalus-membranaceus/

All your answers lie inside the link under Interactions with Organ Systems

**broken link removed**

i was always under the impression that a higher egfr was a sign of good kidney function...

but after speaking with a dr recently there is evidence that an increase in egfr can be a sign of coming kidney issues as the increase is often a precursor to the bottom falling out

https://academic.oup.com/ndt/article/27/5/1708/1843853

"Glomerular hyperfiltration is a characteristic functional abnormality in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and occurs in the large majority of young Type 1 diabetic patients. Hyperfiltration is hypothesized to be a precursor of intraglomerular hypertension leading to albuminuria. Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) then falls progressively in parallel with a further rise in albuminuria which may lead, in the long run, to end-stage renal failure."

kek

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity