over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best age for for reaching peak in Bodybuilding

What is the best age for reaching bodybuilding peak?

• 20-25 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-30 years old

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • 30-35 years old

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • 35-40 years old

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Age doesnt matter its all about drugs

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Johnny Smiles

Banned
I realize there are countless variables but in general what do you guys think is the best age for most humans to look their absolute best in terms of peaking in their bodbyubuilding?
-JS

Won several shows at 40,now 60 and much better shape.Diet exercise and moderate dose over long period of time has kept me continually improving and kept health good.

If you haven "Peaked" by 38 you are only going downhill from there. Guys who claim to keep improving in their 40s just werent pushing it hard enough in their 30s and 20s or simply werent dedicated enough in those days.

35-40
Some guys even into their 40's.

I would think a lot has to do with how hard you've been on your body. It's not the age on the car it's the mileage.. The older guys in there late 30's start to get that mature muscle only time can make, but younger guys late 20's I believe have a fresher look to the muscle so it just kinda pops better.

Some guys earlier, some guys later. Probably couple of years before Palumboism sets in.

I'm in my 40's and still improving, but as I get bigger, so does my waist.

Won several shows at 40,now 60 and much better shape.Diet exercise and moderate dose over long period of time has kept me continually improving and kept health good.

kinda thinking the same myself, as a person gets older the better off they are with smaller doses and longer time...I'm finishing a cycle right now-1200mg of test and 300-400mg of deca

gonna cruise at 200mg of test and thinking of just keeping it at this and every so many months spiking it with IGF and deca possibly NPP

Best age is 30-35 in my opinion. When you hit your "peak"

Good thread. Makes me feel a little less anxious about being in such a hurry to hit my "peak". I'm 25 now and in my mind feel like i should be further along, but I still got time :)

Definitely a good thread

If doing roids properly, 30 35 is the banana period !

Unless you are an idiot and go all out like Bostin Loyd... then by the time you are 35 40 you will have to quit bodybuilding due to shitty kidneys, liver and overall health.

Good thread. Makes me feel a little less anxious about being in such a hurry to hit my "peak". I'm 25 now and in my mind feel like i should be further along, but I still got time :)

YES, believe it or not this sport is still more a marathon than a sprint.
Ronnie Colemans career comes to mind.... low ranking pro for years then BOOM hit his peak due to whatever (muscle maturatity and meeting Chad Nchols lol) and is biggest craziest looking bb'er we have seen win the O (cuz Ramy hasn't won it yet;)

But, yes, I think its a marathon to some extent.... time and hormones def seems to make the body achieve a certain kind of look younger muscle and hormones doesn't have.... AND it used to bre so hard to hold size when younger and my muscle was more "immature"
now its VERY easy to hold weight. and I am older than 35..... but have had some years on hormones. feel like I have def changed my genetic set point forever.... in fact I currently rarely workout and hold same size I was busting ass to hold when I was 29.
-JS

Last edited:
I couldn't say for sure but I would think it has a lot to do when you go to the dark side and how long you do it for and how intelligent you are with it (genetics most important). I would think how long you trained naturally for would matter to some degree.

It's hard not to notice some guys burnout before they ever get to their peak or prime. Can't help but wonder if some of the younger guys never saw it as a marathon.

If I had the knowledge I do now at 50 when I was 20 I would of probably been my best between the age of 35-40.

If you're asking at what age guys usually look their best--it would be between 35-40. But, if you're asking at what age the physique has the "potential" to look its best, then it would be the mid-later 20's...no doubt.

However, the only reason most guys end up looking better in their 30's is because BB'rs usually can't gain enough muscle mass before that time. But, if muscle mass was at its peak, then the 20's is easily superior.

By the time a BB'r hits his 30's, he doesn't look as fresh as he used to and the waist doesn't look as tight anymore. The entire body loses some of its "prettiness". In other words, one's natural aesthetics begin to deteriorate. Seperation starts to blur, especially in the legs. All in all, basically everything, aside from muscle "maturity" (and obviously muscle mass), goes downhill.

Last edited:
Levrone, nassar, shawn, flex(basically all the top 90s pros) were at there best in their 30s.

Definitely a good thread

If doing roids properly, 30 35 is the banana period !

Unless you are an idiot and go all out like Bostin Loyd... then by the time you are 35 40 you will have to quit bodybuilding due to shitty kidneys, liver and overall health.

Boston had a shirt on that said Juice Daddy on the front and team 3 cc's on the back at the jr Usa'.s. He stood right beside me and his girl starred at me the whole time, true story. I teased my wife after that, and said"the old man still has it:D"

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws