advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best place to buy Cod (other white fish)

Rep

Registered
My area has crappy fish, or at least where Im looking. Do you guys buy in bulk form the internet?
Thanks

Here in Texas i can buy wild caught cod at HEB. Probably doesn't help you much but thats where i get mine.

I bought mine from Costco...they are already frozen but quality was good.

Yeah Costco is generally where I go for my fish on the rare occasion I use it

Costco here as well. I get the frozen Wild Cod and the Frozen Wild Salmon for rest days (no carbs).

Find a friend at a restaurant and order from us foods or Sysco. Get IFF (individually flash frozen) cod loins. They come in 10lb boxes. All meat no bone or skin.

Find a friend at a restaurant and order from us foods or Sysco. Get IFF (individually flash frozen) cod loins. They come in 10lb boxes. All meat no bone or skin.

Way too funny this is what I told my cousin to do who lives in Montana :D. I live in Boston so I get it fresh off the boat, but I am a big fan of eating the actual fish VS say a capsule. Had some cod last night and salmon tonight.

Whole Foods.

Im not even kidding. I try and buy as much organic as possible. The more meat I buy that's grass fed or organic. My skin looks so much better. I cant believe it.

Theres a difference.

Last edited:
Whole Foods.

Im not even kidding. I try and buy as much organic as possible. The more meat I buy that's grass fed or organic. My skin looks so much better. I cant believe it.

Theres a difference.

I haven't completely been sold on the organic thing, but the Mrs. is changing that up come May with our veggies, fruit and meat. Time will tell.

I haven't completely been sold on the organic thing, but the Mrs. is changing that up come May with our veggies, fruit and meat. Time will tell.

I believe there is a difference in meat for sure. I never thought there was a difference either. My stomach digest meat a lot easier I do not get bloated or gassy.

Fruits I don't know. I buy organic bananas and green beans. not much price difference like 10 cents

The organic stuff is a scam guys. Do some research. The organic industry is trying to get people hooked on its stuff just like the regular food industry. Its all about $$$$. There is absolutely no scientific studies that show organic is better or better for you. Just hoopla. If all the non-organic is so bad then why are people living longer? Other factors influence it I know. Just be informed is all I say.

The organic stuff is a scam guys. Do some research. The organic industry is trying to get people hooked on its stuff just like the regular food industry. Its all about $$$$. There is absolutely no scientific studies that show organic is better or better for you. Just hoopla. If all the non-organic is so bad then why are people living longer? Other factors influence it I know. Just be informed is all I say.

I have to agree with you. Most of the organic food industry is bullshit. Organic fish? In order for fish to be labeled organic they have to be farm raised and only fed a ground up fish meal. Very unnatural. I avoid all farm raised fish for many reasons. I suppose some things labeled organic could in a sense be healthier but you have to wonder how much of difference is really making. People were eating long before anything organic hit the market and did just fine. To each their own but I definitely choose to save my money.

I have to agree with you. Most of the organic food industry is bullshit. Organic fish? In order for fish to be labeled organic they have to be farm raised and only fed a ground up fish meal. Very unnatural. I avoid all farm raised fish for many reasons. I suppose some things labeled organic could in a sense be healthier but you have to wonder how much of difference is really making. People were eating long before anything organic hit the market and did just fine. To each their own but I definitely choose to save my money.

I'm pretty sure any wild caught fish is organic. I'm with you on avoiding farm raised fish all together. I've never "knowingly" eaten a talapia and I stay away from farm range salmon. I was reading somewhere about farmed shrimp in china, pretty nasty stuff.
All that being said I'm shooting myself in food considering a have an oyster farm. But for anyone who cares we don't feed them anything, they live off of the natural occurring planktons and microorganisms already in the water. So legally I could put the "organic" label on them, but never do.

I'm pretty sure any wild caught fish is organic. I'm with you on avoiding farm raised fish all together. I've never "knowingly" eaten a talapia and I stay away from farm range salmon. I was reading somewhere about farmed shrimp in china, pretty nasty stuff.

All that being said I'm shooting myself in food considering a have an oyster farm. But for anyone who cares we don't feed them anything, they live off of the natural occurring planktons and microorganisms already in the water. So legally I could put the "organic" label on them, but never do.

I was curious about organic fish so I googled it and the guidelines to be labeled organic in the US says it must be farm raised. I've read some nasty stuff on farm raised fish. I watched a TV program about farm raised and wild caught in China. We buy frozen a lot and it has to say wild caught, US or we don't buy it.

I researched it last night (farm raised fish) and WOW absolutely disgusting when they we're showing pics in China, but needless to say I am sticking with fresh off the boat fish at the local fish market.

has anyone found wild caught tilapia?? I cant find it anywhere I go to Costco for all my fish as well and the fresh tilapia they have there is farmed raised as is the frozen kind I like buying in bulk as I hate shopping at the food store

Alias..that's funny, I own an aquaculture farm as well..I am on the east coast. Where are you located? Pm me if you'd like.
As far as farm raised fish go I would never even touch it! I went to a salmon farm a couple of years ago in Maine and they were feeding them fat enriched chicken feed..gross
Not to mention the nasty ass water they raise tilapia and shrimp in. I guess being a fisherman by trade gives you a different perspective that most people would never even know.
Ya know what..anyone that wants fresh black back flounder straight off the deck of my boat to try just to see the difference in quality, if you pay the overnight shipping I'll send you as much as the box will hold for free...I'll even fillet it for you..haha
Every time I go past the seafood section in the supermarket I am appalled at what people buy..if you can smell the stuff from 20 feet away DON'T BUY IT!

I get the best prices at ethnic food stores. Latino food stores around me have the best meat/seafood prices by far.

10 lbs of fresh talapia at Costco is 4.02/lb.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws