over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 grams of Fish Oil for Anabolism or to Prevent Atryophy

omoplata

Registered
Check out this video

When they give like 5 grams of fish oil to elderly, they see anabolic results. Also, this sort of dose prevents muscle atrophy when you have an injury and have to be in a cast or something.

Is this all applicable to bodybuilders? Likely not, but here are some interesting points.
The results only manifested after using 5 grams a day and for like 6 weeks. The researcher says that the cell membranes have to be saturated for us to see beneficial results. So a bodybuilder who weighs probably 2x as much as the people in this research probably has to take an extraordinary amount of fish oil to see some kind of anabolism from it (if such anabolism is even possible for a bodybuilder. maybe it is not)

Also, maybe very high fish oil may work to prevent atrophy during an injury when you cannot train a muscle. Maybe for a bodybuilder on steroids, there will be zero added benefit -but then again maybe there will be benefits in terms of preventing atrophy....

Worth a listen.

Adding nutrition to some one that is lacking in that area will most likely give good results. i doubt there are many old people getting adequate omega 3's, protein etc. Most all old people i know start cutting back on protein as they get older. And as most do not have a lot of money they eat low quality sources of food. So i am sure they get little quality omega 3's.

I agree with both posts, probably not applicable to larger people eating quality diet on AAS. Almost like stretching may build 💪 in an old person, but not us, or walking etc.

I remember about 2003 cla was all the rage forget if it was for burning fat or building tissue.

I listened to this a few weeks ago when it came out. We're talking about 5 grams of EPA/DHA, not just 5 fish oil caps. I get a triple strength version from Sports Research from Costco which is indeed around a gram of EPA/DHA per cap.

I'd been taking 4 before I listened to this anyway, primarily for brain, heart, and general inflammation. There's not a single person on this board who's gonna be impressed with my physique, so I've got no comment on the anabolism.

But... pain-wise, I have been doing remarkably well, considering my degenerative discs, stenosis, and scoliosis. It's normally pretty bad. Now though, even though I can have a rough day if I'm on my feet too long, I can bounce back very quickly with a little ice and rest. High dose fish oil is the only thing I can think of that could be responsible.

5 grams of fish oil is not the equivalent of 5 grams of epa/dha. For many brands you'd need 20-30G of fish oil. Anabolic for a trained individual? I highly doubt it and its yet to be proven of significance. I think fish oil is a great supplement. However, not for its anabolic properties.

Anyone here every tried super high dose fish oil?
Except the one poster above who took 4 grams

I take fish oil for joint health and lipids so great if it also has anabolic benefits.

I was prescribed lovaza 2 grams twice a day several years ago probably 10. 5 years ago the insurance company stopped paying. I stopped the lovaza when I ran out. A week later or so my skin began to itch and every freaking joint in my body especially knees began to throb and ache. I didn't make the connection until then. I take 4 grams twice a day and will never stop. I am a bit over 50 and don't have a wrinkle on my body. It's a great nutrient but not sure if it puts gobs of muscle on anyone even old people.
I did try Polquin 30 gram a day fish oil back in the day and made it a few days. Extreme headaches and if you cut yourself be ready for a geyser. Fish oil can thin the blood considerably at higher doses.

I was prescribed lovaza 2 grams twice a day several years ago probably 10. 5 years ago the insurance company stopped paying. I stopped the lovaza when I ran out. A week later or so my skin began to itch and every freaking joint in my body especially knees began to throb and ache. I didn't make the connection until then. I take 4 grams twice a day and will never stop. I am a bit over 50 and don't have a wrinkle on my body. It's a great nutrient but not sure if it puts gobs of muscle on anyone even old people.
I did try Polquin 30 gram a day fish oil back in the day and made it a few days. Extreme headaches and if you cut yourself be ready for a geyser. Fish oil can thin the blood considerably at higher doses.
I take the same lovaza 2 twice a day. Tried going higher like 3-4 twice a day but started coughing up blood.

WTF???
Quote directly from the above link
"When bodybuilders take 3 grams of krill oil every day, gain build four times more muscle mass than bodybuilders who do not use supplements."

Hahahaha I had the exact same feeling but was already taking a large dose so just decided to up it a bit.

Lyle Mc Donald has promoted taking between 1.8-3.2'ish grams of total EPA/DHA per day forever now (for health, not for growth), and most of the current research seems to support this same dosage...give or take a little.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws