over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best protein

awesome, will check into those! i mix my protein with water, don't like all the sugars and carbs from milk.. what did you mix these with? wondering if they would still be good with water

Yes!! I mix my shakes with water, 90% of the time...the rest of the time I will use part unsweetened almond milk and part water....tastes like a nice treat!!

thanks!

me and the hubby had a blah workout tonight.. baby girl has been sick and keeping us up all hours of the night.. not enough rest = not enough energy. boo :( gonna make up for it tomorrow.

protein

i got the wife some isofemme supposedly engineered for woman. its got real strwberry in it only 4 grm carbs 3 grms sugr w 25 grams protein. Now she says it taste nasty but i tasted it and thought it was fine. she has never tasted bad protein lol.

i'm looking for a new protein.. i'm using syntha-6 cookies and cream right now.. tastes awesome, i mix it with water... but it has 14g carbs, and some sugars.. so i'm looking for something with no carbs, or sugars, as low in fats as possible.. but that still tastes good.. suggestions????

anyone tried ISOLYZE by SPECIES? it has all the nutrition value i'm looking for, but wondering about the taste..

suggestions :)

True Nutrition | Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration (1lb)

choc peanutbutter is taste really good!!!

UMP from Beverly Nutrition. Not cheap but I love this company. I don't care much about taste, but I have to say this stuff is delicious.

**broken link removed**

I looked at the product and since my girl friend and I generaly make up a shakes of 80 to 100 grams. That $48 container will make about 10 drinks. Can you really justify that cost.

Ive been using egg white protein alot more and it seems to settle better with my stomach and cause less gas and bloating as well as with my two favorite women (wife and daughter). I get the chocolate cocnut flavor and have the protease enzime added.
When my girls make shakes they use one level scoop and add two tablespoons of either coconut or chocolate LBA's to it depending on what they want the more domonate flavor to be this ends up being about 30-35g protein.
https://truenutrition.com/ShoppingC...ite-protein-1lb&ProductID=944&cartrecid=0&qm=

My wife has stomach issues and doesent eat much at all so getting protein in is hard for her , since she got into my LBA's she gets her needed protein because she adds them to everything , coffee , makes some salad dressing with them and stuff , just a great all the way around way to add some protein to your diet if your appatite is low
https://truenutrition.com/ShoppingC...-gen-lbas-32oz&ProductID=1015&cartrecid=0&qm=

I looked at the product and since my girl friend and I generaly make up a shakes of 80 to 100 grams. That $48 container will make about 10 drinks. Can you really justify that cost.

Bob your wasting your money if your mixing up a shake with 100g in it. Personally you should be getting most of your proteins from whole foods over the course of 6-7 meals.

When more than 30-35 grams of whey is used at one time, it is absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot assimilate for tissue repair is oxidized for energy. If you don't work it off, it ends up around the old waistline. The latest research has found that more whey protein is oxidized for energy than was first thought. Most people should limit their intake of whey at a single sitting to approx 30 grams. Again these numbers are quite arbitrary, and everyone will respond differently. Mixing whey with milk, adding peanut butter or flax will probably help some, though it won't help as much as some people might think.

The best bet is to invest in a blended protein, or at least some casein protein to add in with the whey, as this will provide a slower digestion rate and will increase the npu (net protein utilization) of the protein. Just as a side note recent studies have found that the npu of whey is actually lower than that of casein and egg white protein.

Last, but not least, barring post-workout, all protein powders are inferior to whole food proteins and are simply a matter of convenience. The key to continuous muscle growth is to keep the body anabolic throughout the day by maintaining a constant positive nitrogen balance. Too much emphasis is placed on post-workout nutrition, and not enough on keeping the body anabolic all day long.

The most important thing to remember is to drink enough water to aid the kidneys in the processing of this much protein. A person doing steroids will see a difference in gains when upping the protein intake to 2-2.5 gms per lb. 1 to 1 1/2 gms is plenty for a guy just starting out and taking nothing but protein powder and creatine.

Last edited:
Synthepure. No fat, no carbs, uncut isolate with a double money guarantee policy! Delivered in a matters of days in any corner of the world!

All max or species I think is great. I'm hearing such good things about synthetek though

There was a study that showed a whey isolate that is microfiltered being the best choice out of protein shakes.

Out of that though, I dont know if any specific brands maybe rated higher then others but right now Im using AllMax IsoFlex and im happy with the results. It fits the above bill with no carbs or fat which I like to add myself from other food sources. If someone can prove something else as being of higher quality, I'd switch and give it a try.

Bob your wasting your money if your mixing up a shake with 100g in it. Personally you should be getting most of your proteins from whole foods over the course of 6-7 meals.

When more than 30-35 grams of whey is used at one time, it is absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot assimilate for tissue repair is oxidized for energy. If you don't work it off, it ends up around the old waistline. The latest research has found that more whey protein is oxidized for energy than was first thought. Most people should limit their intake of whey at a single sitting to approx 30 grams. Again these numbers are quite arbitrary, and everyone will respond differently. Mixing whey with milk, adding peanut butter or flax will probably help some, though it won't help as much as some people might think.

The best bet is to invest in a blended protein, or at least some casein protein to add in with the whey, as this will provide a slower digestion rate and will increase the npu (net protein utilization) of the protein. Just as a side note recent studies have found that the npu of whey is actually lower than that of casein and egg white protein.

Last, but not least, barring post-workout, all protein powders are inferior to whole food proteins and are simply a matter of convenience. The key to continuous muscle growth is to keep the body anabolic throughout the day by maintaining a constant positive nitrogen balance. Too much emphasis is placed on post-workout nutrition, and not enough on keeping the body anabolic all day long.

The most important thing to remember is to drink enough water to aid the kidneys in the processing of this much protein. A person doing steroids will see a difference in gains when upping the protein intake to 2-2.5 gms per lb. 1 to 1 1/2 gms is plenty for a guy just starting out and taking nothing but protein powder and creatine.

I'd have to disagree with most of this. It has never been conclusively proven how much protein a body can handle at once. The 30grams per meal is simply a myth. To show how contradictory this is, the above post recommends 2 to 2.5 grams per lb while on cycle at the same time saying there is a limit of 30 grams per meal divided among 6-7 meals per day. 30 * 6 = 180 grams, no where close to 2 grams per lb unless you way 90 lbs that is.

Likewise and as much as it makes sense it also has never been proven that whole foods have any significant advantages of whey protein shakes.

There was a study that showed a whey isolate that is microfiltered being the best choice out of protein shakes.

Best choice for what?
Its not the best choice for the last meal of the day besideds being very quickly absorbed it also causes a sizeable insulin response. Also even the better whey isolates out their can cause alot of people stomach issues

Dont believe everything you read , most if it has sombody with money riding on the study

I was using LBA's for quite some time. I will admit I haven't tried a whole lot of different brands or flavors of protein powder just because I do have a bit of a lactose intolerant problem. But I liked the LBA's.

I usually end up eating food food for all my protein, otherwise I get so hungry so fast!

Best choice for what?
Its not the best choice for the last meal of the day besideds being very quickly absorbed it also causes a sizeable insulin response. Also even the better whey isolates out their can cause alot of people stomach issues

Dont believe everything you read , most if it has sombody with money riding on the study

Funny that you would completly disregard something that you havent even read....

Funny that you would completly disregard something that you havent even read....

I dont have to read it because i've more than likely read a dozen just like it and a dozen other saying the exact opposite , like i said before nearly ever "study" done was finacialy backed by a company that had a vested intrest in the positive outcome of said study.
Like anything else that has been "tested" you can find many differant test saying completly dfferant things.

Im not saying whey is bad , i simply ask "the best choice for what"

For a breakfast shake or post workout when you want the nutrient absorbed as fast as possible then yea it superior , but if it upsets your gut then its not the best choice.

Why dont you post up the info so we can read it

I dont have to read it because i've more than
likely read a dozen just like it and a dozen other saying the exact opposite
, like i said before nearly ever "study" done was finacialy backed by a
company that had a vested intrest in the positive outcome of said study.
Like anything else that has been "tested" you can find many differant test
saying completly dfferant things.

Im not saying whey is bad , i simply ask "the best choice for what"

For a breakfast shake or post workout when you want the nutrient absorbed
as fast as possible then yea it superior , but if it upsets your gut then its not
the best choice.

Why dont you post up the info so we can read it

A quality WPI should not upset your stomach. Which products do you believe
are 'better' but still caused gut issues for you?

A quality WPI should not upset your stomach. Which products do you believe
are 'better' but still caused gut issues for you?

Every whey i have tried gave me gas , some way worse than others , Optimum Nutrition Hydro whey will have me crapped up in 30-40 min where True Protein's Whey isolate CFM doesnt give me gas to bad. I havent tried Synthetek WPI yet though.

TP's Egg white protein and LBA's dont give any stomach issues at all so i stick to those so for ME these proteins are better in my oppinion

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws