over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep question please read

D Animal

Registered
When doing bi exercises do you all just go up and down ..or do you hold the position at the top and squeeze? How long should I squeeze cause I think I may be holding it 2 long tahts why I can't go up in weight and my barebell curl sucks I can only do 2 10's on each side for 6 reps.....

Outta curiousity how old are u bro? You worry way too much about training methods and not enough about diet and recovery. Said it before say it again, there is no set magical rep range or method or set total. You gota find what works for YOU. You can do lee priests arm routine til ur blue in the face as flawlessly perfect and exact as you want, and odds are you wont get the same arms. You sound to me like ur doin millions of sets and ur probably not recovering. You also seem impatient to have huge guns overnight. Give it time cause you sound really young, just stay consistent. I can tell you consistency in diet (geting 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight), training, and rest will be the BEST thing you can do for your arms. Not tryin to flame you or embarras you at all bro, just tryin to help in the best way possible, and i think this is what will do you best. More than half your posts are about how to get big arms, try some stuff out, come back in 6 months if it didnt work n ask again.

I use good form, and "feel" the contraction.

BUT if TooPowerful4U is on the money - my arms got up to scratch when I spent six months lifting heavy compound movements and did maybe one biceps specific exercise a week. If you're moving a shitload of weight on your back days, they're gonna get a lot of secondary work. Some weeks I missed them altogether and they even caught up to the rest of my gains in that time. They're no bigger than your calves, one of the smaller groups, gotta remember that. IronMike

TooPowerful4u said:
Outta curiousity how old are u bro? You worry way too much about training methods and not enough about diet and recovery. Said it before say it again, there is no set magical rep range or method or set total. You gota find what works for YOU. You can do lee priests arm routine til ur blue in the face as flawlessly perfect and exact as you want, and odds are you wont get the same arms. You sound to me like ur doin millions of sets and ur probably not recovering. You also seem impatient to have huge guns overnight. Give it time cause you sound really young, just stay consistent. I can tell you consistency in diet (geting 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight), training, and rest will be the BEST thing you can do for your arms. Not tryin to flame you or embarras you at all bro, just tryin to help in the best way possible, and i think this is what will do you best. More than half your posts are about how to get big arms, try some stuff out, come back in 6 months if it didnt work n ask again.
I'm sorry toopowerful I"M just a perfectionist and I don't want 2 be wasting my time in gym either by not doing enough or by doing 2 much.....I just love this sport and want to know as much as possible.......I have another question if anyone can answer if I do squats is it ok to do leg presss as well the same day? Somone told me thats a no no cause its basically the same thing but it confused me so I dunnoo....

Dont apologise bro. Its great that you wanna do everything right and give it all you got. Im just tryin to tell you that you need TIME. You gotta experiment n find what works for you. Just want u to realize what works for other people might not work for you. Best thing you can do is stick to one gameplan for a while and see if it works. If not, change it up after 5-6 mo. and try something else. Eventually youl find what works. Took me 5yrs to finally find something that works for me to make my damn chest grow. Same thing w arms. My problem was the mind muscle connection, once i learned to feel the muscle it all came together.

You gotta realize when u ask questions like this, everyone has different things that worked for them so your gonna get 100 different responses. Now as for your squat question I PERSONALLY FEEL (not necessarily how everyone else will feel) that if you hit ur squats with every bit of effort in ur entire body, you shouldnt have anything left to do leg presses.

Everyone has there own theory on this one. Personally, I have been doing leg presses for a long time. Now I switched over to squats, just for a change of pace. Will mnore than likely switch back and forth every now and then. But I feel no need to do them in the same day. Especially if you are moving large amounts of weight. It works for me. You just have to try different things and see how you respond. Your body will tell you which one works better.

T

TooPowerful4u said:
Dont apologise bro. Its great that you wanna do everything right and give it all you got. Im just tryin to tell you that you need TIME. You gotta experiment n find what works for you. Just want u to realize what works for other people might not work for you. Best thing you can do is stick to one gameplan for a while and see if it works. If not, change it up after 5-6 mo. and try something else. Eventually youl find what works. Took me 5yrs to finally find something that works for me to make my damn chest grow. Same thing w arms. My problem was the mind muscle connection, once i learned to feel the muscle it all came together.

You gotta realize when u ask questions like this, everyone has different things that worked for them so your gonna get 100 different responses. Now as for your squat question I PERSONALLY FEEL (not necessarily how everyone else will feel) that if you hit ur squats with every bit of effort in ur entire body, you shouldnt have anything left to do leg presses.
What I usually do for legs is squats 4 sets then I hit leg press for 2 followed by straigiht leg dead lift for 3 sets.....Too...whats good for legs besides squats....LIke I may alternate squats and leg press, what should I do following leg press or squats?

Are squats and leg presses okay in same workout

Here's a test: Do both in the same workout and next workout record what happens. Did you get stronger on both or not? If yes then it's probably okay. If not I would drop them. If you are squatting say 315 for 10 with good form now you probably need to get up to 405 for 10 (obviously with the same good form) to get big legs so train each workout with that goal in mind. If you are not moving forward towards your goal each workout it will take you longer to get where you want to be so try to achieve a step forward each time. This makes it simple. If your last workout didn't set you up for a better workout this time how could it have been productive?

Well SammyDad I do get stronger actually every workout also depending on how good I ate the day before.......The thing is that people say leg extensions rn't good for when trying to gain size,,there more for defenition....But sometimes its a bitch 2 go 2 leg press after squating....Then other times its great....

Last edited:
Training

In my experience I have found not just with legs but with any bodypart, doing multiple compound lifts and making improvements in either weight or reps on both lifts every week out can be very hard to accomplish.

Here's why: if for example last time out u squatted 4 plates/side for 9 reps and leg pressed 8 plates/side for 10 reps..

Next time out u squat 4 plates/side for 12 reps, that is a great improvement, but guess what else, u also just fired off a bit more energy that the previous workout when u had done only 9 reps at 4 plates/side on squats, which most likely is leaving u more fatigued come leg press, so even if you maintain 8 plates/side for 10 reps on the leg press, in addition to the added reps in squats that is great progress.

This is just counting that one all out heaviest set, this does not even begin to factor in doing multiple heavy/work sets per ex or on the squats, If you are doing multiple sets at the increased load/reps on squats, then of course u will be much more fatigued come time to leg press...

I hope that all made the least bit of sense its somewhat hard to explain what I am getting at.

SAMMYSDAD said:
Here's a test: Do both in the same workout and next workout record what happens. Did you get stronger on both or not? If yes then it's probably okay. If not I would drop them. If you are squatting say 315 for 10 with good form now you probably need to get up to 405 for 10 (obviously with the same good form) to get big legs so train each workout with that goal in mind. If you are not moving forward towards your goal each workout it will take you longer to get where you want to be so try to achieve a step forward each time. This makes it simple. If your last workout didn't set you up for a better workout this time how could it have been productive?

D Animal said:
Well Traps I do get stronger actually every workout also depending on how good I ate the day before.......The thing is that people say leg extensions rn't good for when trying to gain size,,there more for defenition....But sometimes its a bitch 2 go 2 leg press after squating....Then other times its great....

Why do you need to go to another excercise after doing squats? Are you not working your squats hard enough? People need to lose the mindset that you need such and such an excercise to hit a particular part of the muscle. Either the fibers fire or they don't. Stick with compound excercises for heavy sets. They will fire the most amount of fibers.

I agree with diezel but...

If you can still make gains on both from workout to workout why not do it?

I agree with diezel that all you need is squats if you can work them hard enough. If you are new to this and don't have the ability (or balls-lol) to take squats to that level or if your form falls apart as you get fatigued it may be beneficial to keep leg presses in to finish off your legs. You said YOU get stronger on both exercises as long as food and recoup are in order so it's only a matter of time till you get where you want to be right? So, YOU probably are on the right track for YOU.

Just my opinion.

Can some of you list what you do for legs including reps and sets? Would be helpful :D

D Animal said:
When doing bi exercises do you all just go up and down ..or do you hold the position at the top and squeeze? How long should I squeeze cause I think I may be holding it 2 long tahts why I can't go up in weight and my barebell curl sucks I can only do 2 10's on each side for 6 reps.....

You shouod be squeezing through the whole range of motion. Once you get to the top just slowly return to the botom and repeat the whole provess over again. Kep constant tension on your biceps or you can rip then clean off the bone when your get stronger.

I personally see no point in doing leg extensions. Heavy leg presses, hacks, or squats followed by some stiff leg deadlifts and calves and you're good to go!

TH

Training

Haha..this is what happens when someone asks any generalized training question.

EVERYONE of course has there own preferance and opinion, not to say any are wrong or right in most cases they all will work for someone, but as it was stated earlier do what works for YOU, take advice people have with a grain of salt, of course listen to it analyze it and take it to heart, but use it as in a way you know it will work for you.

Nferno said:
Haha..this is what happens when someone asks any generalized training question.

EVERYONE of course has there own preferance and opinion, not to say any are wrong or right in most cases they all will work for someone, but as it was stated earlier do what works for YOU, take advice people have with a grain of salt, of course listen to it analyze it and take it to heart, but use it as in a way you know it will work for you.
your right...but the thing is sometimes people that know there stuff could atleast guide you 2 the right direction....what if I was going to the gym like most people I see and do 5 exercises for biceps with horrible form....so sometimes its good 2 ask 2 maybe be helped doesn't hurt to ask...

Hey 2Powerful4u

You said you worked as a trainer, are you degreed or are you certified? What are the stipulations to work at WOW?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws