over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilder Gyms in Tampa, FL

cromespider

Registered
Movein to tampa first of the year have been already lookin into the gyms in tampa and there is a lot, what is the best bodybuilder gym in the area if anyone knows.

Tampa gyms for the bodybuilder

Elite Fitness in the Hyde Park area is owned by a former competative bodybuilder and is an awesome gym. It does get a little busy in peak hours (5-8 pm) but is filled with energy.
There is a Gold's Gym off of Dale Mabry blvd near R.James that is propbably the most hardcore gym around.
Even though Lifestyle Fitness is not "hardcore" and carries a certain stereotype with it.....The club in the Carolwood area is always filled with Professional football players (many of the Bucs), Pro wrestlers (John Cena, Dave Batista, Jerrico), and MMA athletes (Tampa and Sarasota are considered "Gracie BJJ" territory). I had the chance to train legs with Batista about 3 months ago and the man is a beast.
But it depends on what area of Tampa you are moving to...their are soo many sub-cities like Channel Side, Hyde Park, Citrus Park, Ybor, New Tampa, ect..... Just depends on what part of town you are moving to.

If you want more of a hardcore gym, I would check out Tampa Barbell Club. It's a small powerlifting gym if that's your thing. There's also Pitbull powerlifting gym. The new Powerhouse in Channelside is pretty damn nice. In the Brandon area a national level competitor (past Mr. Florida) owns a small gym called Results Fitness. He trains some local guys. I've never been in there so I'm not sure how it is. I actually think he trains at LA Fitness on Lumsden in Brandon, so it can't be that good.

Gold's Gym off of Dale Mabry blvd is an awesome place ... i trained there in september .... ITS TOP NOTCH!

Movein to tampa first of the year have been already lookin into the gyms in tampa and there is a lot, what is the best bodybuilder gym in the area if anyone knows.

What area of Tampa bro? I ve belonged to nearly every gym here at one time or another.

im over on the pinellas side and i know a pretty hardcore guy who is a member of three gyms and one being a gym in carrolwood, most likely the one that evil mentions. like someone stated already, it depends which part are moving to.

Is Harry's Gym still in business .

Is Harry's Gym still in business .

It sure is. He's a nice guy. It's called Smith Health Club, I believe. It's the oldest independently owned gym in the country. Harry Smith was Jr. Mr. America, Mr. Florida, Mr. Georgia, etc. Frank Zane trained there at one time. Harry told me that Frank Zane used Harry's convertible to go on his honeymoon.

I am from Tampa & when I go back I train at body-tec. Tim Gardner owns it, the promoter of the Pro show there.

I am from Tampa & when I go back I train at body-tec. Tim Gardner owns it, the promoter of the Pro show there.

Yeah...he is in the process of opening a new one in Westchase too...but its like a year away.

The new Powerhouse in channelside is pretty sweet...dumbbells up to 200lbs and some pretty big boys!

I would just pick a gym based of convenience though...yes i might have a better workout at a more "hardcore gym" but if its a pain in the ass to get to it just not worth it to me.

Yeah...he is in the process of opening a new one in Westchase too...but its like a year away.

The new Powerhouse in channelside is pretty sweet...dumbbells up to 200lbs and some pretty big boys!

I would just pick a gym based of convenience though...yes i might have a better workout at a more "hardcore gym" but if its a pain in the *** to get to it just not worth it to me.

I wonder how long channelside will stay open. Not the greatest location. Maybe if all the condos were full. I don't think it will make it long term.

Born and raised in Tampa till I joined the military in '86, only been back a few times. Couple of gyms I used to go to, one on Manhattan "Leo's Gym" and the other one owned by former Mr. America Rick Poston somewhere in north Tampa. Does anyone know if these 2 are still open or know anything about them?

im over on the pinellas side and i know a pretty hardcore guy who is a member of three gyms and one being a gym in carrolwood, most likely the one that evil mentions. like someone stated already, it depends which part are moving to.

correction, he goes to some gym in westchase, not carrolwood.sorry

Tried golds and la fitness and powerhouse. powerhouse is a amaizing gym, pricey but well worth it

It sure is. He's a nice guy. It's called Smith Health Club, I believe. It's the oldest independently owned gym in the country. Harry Smith was Jr. Mr. America, Mr. Florida, Mr. Georgia, etc. Frank Zane trained there at one time. Harry told me that Frank Zane used Harry's convertible to go on his honeymoon.

Yes ! It is true .
I was there in those days.
Harry is a great man

and the other one owned by former Mr. America Rick Poston somewhere in north Tampa.

Was it the AFC on Florida just north of Fletcher? Was pretty hardcore in the mid 90s.

Was it the AFC on Florida just north of Fletcher? Was pretty hardcore in the mid 90s.

Don't really remember, been so long...was just hoping someone would remember it by it being owned by Poston. I was not to far from it cause I lived by Busch Gardens.

Born and raised in Tampa till I joined the military in '86, only been back a few times. Couple of gyms I used to go to, one on Manhattan "Leo's Gym" and the other one owned by former Mr. America Rick Poston somewhere in north Tampa. Does anyone know if these 2 are still open or know anything about them?

Leo's is at 3637 S Manhattan Ave. 813-839-4444 or try this one...
5100 Ehrlich Road 813-828-4300

Leo's is at 3637 S Manhattan Ave. 813-839-4444 or try this one...
5100 Ehrlich Road 813-828-4300

Thanks...Do you know if Leo still owns it, rumor was he sold back in the day.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws