over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BP meds while on cycle only

GoneForever

Banned
Anyone use bp meds while on cycle only? I can get mine under control when on trt only with proper diet,etc.. but some of us its inevitable even with otc meds and diet. So in that case is it safe to use them short term while on cycle, like maybe 3months?

So nobody on here uses bp meds while on cycle?

Ok correct me if im wrong but its almost impossible to not have high BP if on a decent cycle and bulking. Just the way the aas works with your weight going up and rbc increase,etc.. most people's body naturally will have a bp rise. Thats why its listed a "very" common side effect of aas. So im presuming that most just dont care or do anything about it right? But to those who dont want high bp, does anyone use bp meds as a precaution?

I've never used BP meds on a cycle although I like yourself have had elevated blood pressure on certian cycles. I prefer to restrict salt intake and increase water consumption(2+gallons/day). Sorry couldn't help more.

I was on Liprinosil. I went to doc for a terrible skin itch I got after 2 months of being ON. Well they took my BP and it 170/ 110 when 3 months earlier when I had blood test done it was 110/70.

Caution: I took the meds and day two of being on I about passed out doing deadlifts...my BP got to low. So I started taking half the doc dosage then I felt ok again.

So yes I took them for about a month...also discontinued my cycle at same time. Ive been ON this time for 5 weeks no change in BP on same gear same dosage.

What changed. I decided to keep my diet in a lower calorie range. The first two cycles I did the "bulk diet" adding 25% to my caloric intake becuase I was ON. I felt terrible, bloated, tired...it sucked. This time I kept calories same as OFF but added two more shakes=100 grams protein. I feel better, less fat added, strength and size are still very good. So bulking is not for me at 39 years old and 245lbs while OFF.

I would think that it depends what BP med(s) you want to take. I use a angiotensin receptor antagonists (Micardis) and it actually takes 2-4 weeks for full effect. So in that case, using for only a few months is not really effective until the last 2 months.

SOme meds work faster than others but most will take a good month to really work. Beta-blockers seem to work the fastest. You also have to look for an allergic reaction. I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to calcium channel blockers and another class called ARB's. It definitely best to have your bp meds prescribed. If you don't want to go that route then make the diet and cardio changes to keep your bp in check. Get a good bp monitor and use it once or twice/wk at random times and keep an average. If you check it too often you start getting paranoid about it and that can jack it up too.

PB

Well i got a script for toprol(25) and apparently the doc said its one of the best bp meds since its a cardioisolater or some word like that. But Im def not gonna go around trying out bp meds esp when on cycle if I dont know how I react to them. Since I already have a script, maybe i'll just try everything I can naturally if I do another cycle and if it gets bad I can just go in and get a higher toprol script. See, I thought that using lipid meds would be a good idea on cycle too, but i heard they can cause all sorts of other probs, the im gonna use the true red yeast rice from china with coq10, but with bp meds, i havent heard of many having too bad of sides on those. They seem to do nothing but help, esp if your on a cycle which is almost inevitable to have good bp.

BP meds are a crap shoot. You have to start with one at the lowest dose and dick with it from there. Eventually you will find one that works for you and the correct dose. If you are worried about cholesterol get some blood work done while you are off to get a baseline HDL and LDL . Get it checked again after your cycle. Use a good fish oil supplement and the other things you mentioned but don't go overboard.

PB

BP Meds

My Dr. just put me on Azor so I will take it slow before I get back on. Any suggestions please advise.

wedge

Anyone use bp meds while on cycle only? I can get mine under control when on trt only with proper diet,etc.. but some of us its inevitable even with otc meds and diet. So in that case is it safe to use them short term while on cycle, like maybe 3months?

you either want to treat it or don't.
BP isn't going to drop significantly until heavy weight training is reduced, cardio is increased weight is lost blood thicknes is down food is cut back to a normal level stress is reduced.
The biggest problem in high BP is heavy bodyweight-muscle or fat.
I could not get mine under control over 8 years ago and have been on BP meds for almost a decade now and feel a ton better. Me and my doc tried everything more cardio and cleaner diet but agreed untill i lost a good 50-70 lbs my blood pressure would never be normal on it's own.
Sometimes you need some help and don't be afraid of traditional meds when in fact we self medicate with all types of things coming off the BM.

Massive G

Could you PM me and give more info on this. I am considering retirement and getting back to under 200lbs. Thanks for posting!

Wedge:)

you either want to treat it or don't.
BP isn't going to drop significantly until heavy weight training is reduced, cardio is increased weight is lost blood thicknes is down food is cut back to a normal level stress is reduced.
The biggest problem in high BP is heavy bodyweight-muscle or fat.
I could not get mine under control over 8 years ago and have been on BP meds for almost a decade now and feel a ton better. Me and my doc tried everything more cardio and cleaner diet but agreed untill i lost a good 50-70 lbs my blood pressure would never be normal on it's own.
Sometimes you need some help and don't be afraid of traditional meds when in fact we self medicate with all types of things coming off the BM.

Thats the prob. I dont wanna reduce heavy weight and turn into a fucking swimmer. I want to be big and stay big but be "as healthy as I can" so if BP meds will help i'll take em.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131