over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

can you control where you gain fat?

bruiser

Banned
I ask because while reading dinoprost info I was reading:

If used in abdominal areas you will kill/remove fat cells forcing fat accumulation else where.
If you gain fat in your lower body instead, that would be an awesome alternative to abdominal area. What's scary is you could gain more fat in neck/back/arms at bigger proportions than normal since your body cant gain fat where it once accumulated.

Of course I'm just reading, what are your thoughts?

from my experience....no. i think we are genetically predisposed to the areas of our body that hold fat.

from my experience....no. i think we are genetically predisposed to the areas of our body that hold fat.

Yep. We tend to hold fat around our core while women tend to hold their fat around their waist, thighs, arms and breasts.

Yes but if fat cells are gone. On those areas they got to accumulate somewhere right?

Fat cells are never gone, they just expand or shrink depending on you BF%. Unfortunately fat like muscle also has a memory so it's something the be cautious of too

devils advocate here

kinda a comparison is liposuction. i believe you are removing the fat and its cells therefore if it was your "problem" area where fat went to first it will now likely be more distributed thru out the body?
just guessing here?
-JS

kinda a comparison is liposuction. i believe you are removing the fat and its cells therefore if it was your "problem" area where fat went to first it will now likely be more distributed thru out the body?
just guessing here?
-JS

I think we all have a dna imprint and liposuction would only ever be a temporary solution. As stated earlier we all put on fat in certain areas. Even if many of the fat cells were to be removed via lipo we would simply develop more in that given area.

if i could control fat i would have the fattest weenus eva!!!

Although I have to add if someone were concerned with their ab area I think well thought out (and executed) liposuction along with other methods could be of great use. But that is the extreme of things... but if someone is willing why not.

I love to bodybuild and enjoy building myself up (very slowly :eek:) but I would never do lipo or get cosmetic surgery for vanity reasons. Although my waist is big and my lower back is bad so I am gonna start wearing a back support. I think this will help my back and waist. So if anyone is concerned with their waist I would suggest doing the same. In additon to regular breathing techniques (vacuum poses). It should go without saying but diet is obviously everything but I will add in as without I am sure it would be mentioned.

Fat cells are never gone, they just expand or shrink depending on you BF%. Unfortunately fat like muscle also has a memory so it's something the be cautious of too

I'm speaking of dinoprost injections which kill off fat cells supposedly.

Or as mentioned lipo

million dollar question right here...

if someone could formulate a pill for this they'd be the richest man/women in the world:sta:-wars

This may come off sounding a bit like bro-science but back in 08 when I dieted for my show that year I noticed the area where I wore a restraint around my waist for my big nasty hernia did not have as much bodyfat accumulate on it than in years past, in fact the fat seemed to have gained more above the top of the band and had a easily discernable mark around my lower abdomen.
I didnt think that was possible but I wore it from a point where I had low low bodyfat through the offseason and back down again, eventually the delineation dissapeared as I got closer to the show, I switched brands to a more broad wider band and it never happened again, but the narrow tighter fit one left its mark excuse the pun, I know it sounds like noob science but I saw it with my own eyes.

Genetically predispositioned for sure. However, Charles Poliquin has had some interesting thoughts through the years about the causes of storing fat in certain areas. It's called Biosignature Modulation. I've always been a big Poliquin fan, but I'm not sure if totally buy into the BM theories. Worth checking out, however.

Genetically predispositioned for sure. However, Charles Poliquin has had some interesting thoughts through the years about the causes of storing fat in certain areas. It's called Biosignature Modulation. I've always been a big Poliquin fan, but I'm not sure if totally buy into the BM theories. Worth checking out, however.

I agree. Hormones are linked to where you store body fat. High estrogen found in women for example will yield high fat in pecs and thighs...when a woman goes through menopause all of a sudden they get a muffin top and their legs lean out...this is just an example...if you get alot of fat on oblique area that is supposedly an insulin issue...meaning you do not manage insulin or sugar well...

I would read up on it and give it a go.

So I get fat in my legs ass etc. High testosterone wouldn't cause me to be less likely to hold fat there.

So I get fat in my legs ass etc. High testosterone wouldn't cause me to be less likely to hold fat there.

It would cause you to hold slightly less fat in general, but taking it wont tell your body that your ass has too much fat you need to hold it in your triceps. If you tend to store fat in certian areas (ass and lower back/abs is where mine is) then no matter what thats where the most fat will be accumulated no matter what.

Although I have to add if someone were concerned with their ab area I think well thought out (and executed) liposuction along with other methods could be of great use. But that is the extreme of things... but if someone is willing why not.

I love to bodybuild and enjoy building myself up (very slowly :eek:) but I would never do lipo or get cosmetic surgery for vanity reasons. Although my waist is big and my lower back is bad so I am gonna start wearing a back support. I think this will help my back and waist. So if anyone is concerned with their waist I would suggest doing the same. In additon to regular breathing techniques (vacuum poses). It should go without saying but diet is obviously everything but I will add in as without I am sure it would be mentioned.
What's back support ? Is it an attire for the gym? I heard Ronnie wore his belt to tighten his waist. But this back support thing sounds very much like me. Any links would be appreciated

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws