over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs intra and post

I think I might have to call BS on this haha..

What's your diet, fruit loops and Burger King?

900 might be a bit high, but it's doable. Im eating between 600-750 depending on the day and i'm still having trouble moving the scale. Granted about 400 of that comes in the 3-4 hour window around my workout and i have humilin r active in me.

900 might be a bit high, but it's doable. Im eating between 600-750 depending on the day and i'm still having trouble moving the scale. Granted about 400 of that comes in the 3-4 hour window around my workout and i have humilin r active in me.

That's shit load of carbs too.

It won't take you long to reach obesity status with that many carbs.

I think I might have to call BS on this haha..

What's your diet, fruit loops and Burger King?

Not necessarily... Matt Porter just started his prep @ 825g of carbs. Of course it will not stay that way. It's obvious certain individuals can implicate this for moderate periods of time without it fucking up their physique.

lol I am far from obese or on the path to it :) 900 carbs is easy for me. I'm still starving ..I just have an insanely fast metabolism. I am currently 255lbs being 6' 1" while having a 4 pack.

my carbs consist of cornbread, red pots, karbolyn, cream of rice, odwalla superfood bars, fruit, ff milk, for this meal plan..it changes every 2 weeks.

How do you do your huminlin r? Been reading up on a lot of people now doing it 3x a day on larger body parts and just doing it those 3 days out of the week

What i'm curious about is how John or any of the big peri-workout nutrition guys come up with how many pro/carbs should be ingested during a training session.

is there a baseline number and you simply increase those numbers by a certain percent as progress slows or how do you figure that out.

Edit: Saw this on another blog, would anyone say this is accurate?

Dr. Michael Israetel: The protein intake is based on bodyweight (lean bodyweight, actually).
So we take your daily intake (1g per lb or so) and divide it evenly into meals, thus if you weigh 250 and eat 5 meals per day, your shake might have 50g protein.

Michael Israetel : Carbs are based off of protein intake as well as volume of training.
Low Volume (deload): 1-1
Moderate Volume (3x5s): 1-2
High Volume (4x10s): 1-3
Very High Volume (lots of moves at 5x10): 1-4

What i'm curious about is how John or any of the big peri-workout nutrition guys come up with how many pro/carbs should be ingested during a training session.

is there a baseline number and you simply increase those numbers by a certain percent as progress slows or how do you figure that out.

It's a relatively constant range. Most large guys will have 100-125g carbs and around 35 - 45g casein hydro... some add aminos too. I think the intra workout carbs are what John tries to keep in the entire time and not change unless he absolutely has to.
You can also surmise from John's company's product where he says he uses two to four servings depending on the day. For example 2 servings for ARM day, 3 for most normal days and 4 for leg day and back day.
Each serving is 15g CO and 37-38g cyclic dextrins.

30/75
45/113
60/150

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lots of factors! The main one being how high of a dose of AS, GH, and slin your taking. Most natural guys would get fat doing these protocols. Even higher level guys here do to we've seen the pics.

Lots of factors! The main one being how high of a dose of AS, GH, and slin your taking. Most natural guys would get fat doing these protocols. Even higher level guys here do to we've seen the pics.

That's wrong on many levels. Plenty can utilize intra workout carbs without the use of slin. Intra workout carbs are one of the last things that are going to "make you fat" - assuming that you diet, train, and eat correctly.

most of you guys make this so complicated, how's intra workout carbs going to make a difference in building muscle compared to pre or post... I'll stick to water intra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're kidding right? I EASILY made my best progress as a natural following similar protocols and didn't get fat at all.

That's wrong on many levels. Plenty can utilize intra workout carbs without the use of slin. Intra workout carbs are one of the last things that are going to "make you fat" - assuming that you diet, train, and eat correctly.

Absolutely. Only to big of a surplus gets you fat. Shelby had me doing pre and intra carbs and I stayed lean. Tbh is not for me as I train far better carbles so pre load them night before. I did make cos gains workout adding much fat but felt weaker doing carbs pre and intra and it left me less food later in day when I'm at my hungriest. I like to feast before bed so save up my macros. Can't sleep on an empty stomach for shit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Not necessarily... Matt Porter just started his prep @ 825g of carbs. Of course it will not stay that way. It's obvious certain individuals can implicate this for moderate periods of time without it fucking up their physique.

How many natural guys do you know who can use 800-900 grams of carbs per day without putting on bodyfat??? Even jacked guys can't eat that many carbs without getting fat. Have you seen some of the guys offseason pics on here lately?? Matt's obviously doing enough supps to support that high of carbs. Most people don't use that amount of supps or need that many carbs to grow. As far as the intra carbs go a lot of people that do it with success use slin with it. Those who don't use slin would probably be fine just eating before and after their workout. If people want to do it and think it works more power to them I'm just not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet. Maybe I will someday though who knows.

How many natural guys do you know who can use 800-900 grams of carbs per day without putting on bodyfat??? Even jacked guys can't eat that many carbs without getting fat. Have you seen some of the guys offseason pics on here lately?? Matt's obviously doing enough supps to support that high of carbs. Most people don't use that amount of supps or need that many carbs to grow. As far as the intra carbs go a lot of people that do it with success use slin with it. Those who don't use slin would probably be fine just eating before and after their workout. If people want to do it and think it works more power to them I'm just not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet. Maybe I will someday though who knows.

Is this thread about taking in 800 grams of carbs a day or intra and post workout carbs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I think you are confusing two different topics being discussed.
I also believe Knight said that many carbs being used moderately... not a constant.
You dont have to be on insulin to take intra workout carbs.

lol I am far from obese or on the path to it :) 900 carbs is easy for me. I'm still starving ..I just have an insanely fast metabolism. I am currently 255lbs being 6' 1" while having a 4 pack.

my carbs consist of cornbread, red pots, karbolyn, cream of rice, odwalla superfood bars, fruit, ff milk, for this meal plan..it changes every 2 weeks.

Everyone on this site is 250lbs lean;)

I typically train around 530 am. I wake up and eat my first meal which consists of 5 whole eggs 5 whites cooked in macadamia nut oil with 1/2cup of cream of rice measured pre cooked in case anyone wanted to know. This meal is consumed at 445 so I have a little time for it to digest. I mix in 2 scoops of glycofuse which is a high molecular weight carb that is fast digesting with no sugar. Love this product btw. My pumps are unreal. My question is this. Should I consume another 2 scoops post workout with my whey isolate or is this being counterproductive bc I haven't really broken down muscle glycogen bc I've been supplying it with carbs and aminos during the workout?

i just want to add that it takes about two hours before the amino acids in your egg meal start showing up in your bloodstream due to the time it takes to digest them. So you have little amino's in your blood during training. I would just have the glycofuse and add some hydro whey or the isolate you have pre workout and eat the eggs and cream of rice post.

Whey isolate digest in about an hour and at a rate of 10 gram per hour so with a good 30-40 grams your are covered untill your solid post workout meal gets digested. No need to take another shake post workout.

most of you guys make this so complicated, how's intra workout carbs going to make a difference in building muscle compared to pre or post... I'll stick to water intra

I see people throwing around the word "complicated" so many times to describe the most simple things.

What exactly is complicated about ingesting "something" during an workout?

But to answer your question, search for intra workout/John Meadows/etc on this same forum/Google and you will find plenty of information.

I'm usually open minded, when I see something that has worked for a lot of people, makes sense in practice and in theory, I like to try it. If it doesn't work for me, that's ok, I just don't do it anymore.

Do some research and if you like what you see, try it, and then decide.

Last edited:
I see people throwing around the word "complicated" so many times to describe the most simple things.

What exactly is complicated about ingesting "something" during an workout?

But to answer your question, search for intra workout/John Meadows/etc on this same forum/Google and you will find plenty of information.

I'm usually open minded, when I see something that has worked for a lot of people, makes sense in practice and in theory, I like to try it. If it doesn't work for me, that's ok, I just don't do it anymore.

Do some research and if you like what you see, try it, and then decide.

I tried it, seen no difference in performance or recover . When you say working; what do you mean by that, bro?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity