over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut oil - fat burner

Ok, out if curiosity, if you eat coconut oil and it supposedly burns fat, does it have a neutral or negative effect on total calories? Like if I eat 100 calories of coconut oil, is it like I burned 110 calories for a net of -10? I eat a lot if coconut oil and never understood this.

Ok, out if curiosity, if you eat coconut oil and it supposedly burns fat, does it have a neutral or negative effect on total calories? Like if I eat 100 calories of coconut oil, is it like I burned 110 calories for a net of -10? I eat a lot if coconut oil and never understood this.

Well, its not a negative calorie food choice if that is what youre asking. It is of course fat which means it is calorically dense. A very unique fat as the MCT's get utilized for energy, so unless you really over-do it...it won't cause any issues with weight gain. Most suggest 1-3TBSP daily.

From John Meadows (free part) of his website...

Virgin Coconut Oil - This is another one of my favorites. Coconut oil does a number of very good things for someone attempting to get lean. 95% of the fat in coconut oil is saturated, of which about half is Lauric Acid. The fat is a special type of fat (Medium chain triglyceride) that is easily converted to energy by your liver. There are numerous studies out there that corroborate this. Dr Serrano has been using Coconut Oil for endurance athletes too, mixed with slower burning carbs for immediate and sustained energy. I have also seen some claims that I am still researching in terms of your body's increased ability to burn long chain fats, when these MCT's are taken in. Most of these studies are taking place at McGill University in Canada. If this were true, it would be another reason to add this fat into your diet when bodyfat loss is a primary goal. There is another side of coconut oil too that shouldn't be forgotten and it relates to general health. It is loaded (more than any other food source) with Lauric acid. This is a fat that is extremely anti-viral and antimicrobial. Lauric acid converts to its active form Monolaurin (much like T-4 converting to active T-3 in your body for those of you who have studied thyroid function). Monolaurin is currently being given to HIV patients is showing much promise. You can see some of the research at **broken link removed**. It is also found heavily in breast milk, which is a reason why babies who are breast feed seem to have stronger immune systems. The best thing about Lauric acid in food - it's in a big dose, in my favorite snack food - Jennie's Macaroons! I love these tasty treats. You can order these on Amazon.com. They come in packs of 6.

quick breakfast recipe

1 heaping teaspoon of coconut milk +
2 scoops chocolate whey +
1.5 cups of coffee (mix everything while coffee is hot)
= awesome way to kickstart the day

Thanks for this.

Look what I found bros:

**broken link removed**

And more here:

Coconut a Fat Burner?
July 6, 2011 12:49 AM
By George Redmon, Ph.D., N.D.
Despite the proclamations that coconut oil is a saturated fat that’s bad for you, coconut oil is a bona fide fat burner. The reason is that it’s rich in medium-chain triglycerides. Most vegetable oils are made up of long-chain fatty acids that are stored as bodyfat. Medium-chain triglycerides aren’t stored and are burned almost immediately as fuel. They require little digestion and are quickly absorbed by the body, which also heightens the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins—A, D, E and K—and many minerals, especially calcium and magnesium.

In addition, coconut oil curbs the appetite, and because it contains a lot of lauric acid, it speeds up the body’s thermogenic rate—that is, how fast you burn calories. Lauric acid is responsible for many of coconut oil’s benefits. The most abundant source of lauric acid besides coconut oil is breast milk, with which it shares health-giving properties.

There is also evidence that coconut oil can accelerate fat-burning activities by stimulating the thyroid gland, which controls all of the body’s metabolic activities. Current data suggest that coconut oil raises the body’s basal metabolic rate, which is how well you burn calories at rest, while improving overall metabolism. The bottom line here is that when you take medium-chain triglycerides instead of long-chain triglycerides, you turn into a fat-burning machine and store a lot less fat.

Coconut oil has fewer calories than most other fats and oils. So you don’t have to use as much oil as you would when cooking with other oils.

Source: Iron Man Magazine | www.ironmanmagazine.com

Thanks for this. I was starting to get paranoid about the extra fat. I can attest to the appetite suppression. It's more pronounced than with any other fat I eat.

I'm thinking next time I cut to replace olive oil with coconut. I struggle with energy levels cutting do if it's easily accessible energy then I'm all for it. Would be 5g per meal 6 meals per day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great thread and re inspired me to get back on the coconut oil...One question of curiosity and i apologise if ive missed the answer if its already been asked...
But how does the use of this oil interact with insulin use??

Great thread and re inspired me to get back on the coconut oil...One question of curiosity and i apologise if ive missed the answer if its already been asked...
But how does the use of this oil interact with insulin use??

From what I understand the over-consumption of calories in general is what causes fat gain with most insulin users. Still, since two main points of insulin are to cause greater protein synthesis and enhance glycogen storage in the muscle I would be concerned with getting enough protein and carbohydrates down in the active window(preferably around anaerobic workouts) of the insulin. Then, use the oil as a part of a low carb meal(s) to regain insulin sensitivity.

If anyone is familiar with carb backloading, the author recommends eating a tbs of coconut oil first thing in the morning with a strong cup of coffee. You then hold off eating breakfast for a few hours. The idea is that the MCTs prolong the body's preference for burning fat which has already been setup by your nighttime fast.

It's an interesting idea and I've been doing this for a while. I actually eat 1 tbs coconut oil, 1/2 tbs evoo, and 4 fish oil caps at 6:30am just prior to morning cardio. I then wait until around 9am to eat breakfast.

If anyone is familiar with carb backloading, the author recommends eating a tbs of coconut oil first thing in the morning with a strong cup of coffee. You then hold off eating breakfast for a few hours. The idea is that the MCTs prolong the body's preference for burning fat which has already been setup by your nighttime fast.

It's an interesting idea and I've been doing this for a while. I actually eat 1 tbs coconut oil, 1/2 tbs evoo, and 4 fish oil caps at 6:30am just prior to morning cardio. I then wait until around 9am to eat breakfast.

Have you experienced any fat loss with this method?

I've been lean bulking since September so it is hard to tell. However I think it has help with keeping bf somewhat under control.

The science behind the idea is pretty convincing. But the jury is still out as too how effective it is.

I also like the idea of eating a bolus of HDL friendly fats. Just finishing a tren cycle and I hope this helped with lipids

Coconut oil also works great at high temps for flash frying lean meats. I use it weekly when cooking venison steaks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

From John Meadows (free part) of his website...

It is also found heavily in breast milk, which is a reason why babies who are breast feed seem to have stronger immune systems.

Really?

I've been using it in my morning coffee and it seems to be making a dent in my fat stores. My vascularity has improved noticeably in 3 weeks. It's not magic by any means, but I have no doubt that it's contributing to more than a simple placebo effect.

i put coconut oil in my coffee and cook with it. gonna try it with shakes now after reading this

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131