over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coleman guest posing

Back on track.

The guy is Ronnie Coleman! His whole identity and to a certain extent his perception of self worth comes from what his physique looks like. My hats off to the guy for being strong enough to confidently show people what he looks like now. It shows me he has made his peace with it, and is prepared to climb other mountains in life.

If I recall, Ronnie had his neck fused because he had multiple degenerative vertebra in his neck. I'm sure that'll def put a hamper on what you can/can't do in the gym.

Its more than just what you can do and can't do in the gym. When you have severe degeneration in the cervical vertebrae, you usually have damage to those nerve roots which translates into muscle weakness and atrophy in the shoulders/arms. Even after this is corrected there is damage done.

Last edited:
I know he has had a couple surgeries recently; wonder if be still can't train regularly. He was the most massive BB I have ever me!

I think he looks incredible for what he's been through in the last few years...he had/has some major nerve joint and bone damage from the tons he used to throw around....he has had several surgeries including back/spine....he could take a tanker truck full of shit and still not be close to the size he was... so it's more than hormones...

Do you think he ever could have had a power lifting career?

1. He's not training the same as he used to
2. He's not eating the same as he used to
3. He's not supplementing the same as he used to
4. He's not as young as he used to be :cool:

Didnt he not train biceps, because he said they mostly got enough work from his back work out?
Just curious why they shrunk so much.
I think he still looks awesome. The biceps are the only thing looking funny.

Do you think he ever could have had a power lifting career?

I think he could have been very successful in squat and dead lift, world class in fact. Bench press im not sure, never seen him do huge amounts of weight on bench (by power lifting standards). Then again as a bodybuilder he probably didn't see bench as a power moment so who knows. I've seen him squat 800 plus for 2 reps not that far out from the olympia, it's on you tube. There's a video of him dead lifting about 900 too I believe, he was an absolute freak

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Didnt he not train biceps, because he said they mostly got enough work from his back work out?
Just curious why they shrunk so much.
I think he still looks awesome. The biceps are the only thing looking funny.

I'm curious of this as well.

I think he looks incredible for what he's been through in the last few years...he had/has some major nerve joint and bone damage from the tons he used to throw around....he has had several surgeries including back/spine....he could take a tanker truck full of shit and still not be close to the size he was... so it's more than hormones...

Thx that was the answer I was looking for ;) I didn´t know about all the surgeries, but have seen some of the videos from he´s tour bus where he still look good in a sleeveless t-shirt.

And to the rest of the comments, great to see there is so little hate in this thread! I "stole" the pictures from the board we do not talk about and the hate there was just to much.

I would say if he manage to shrink down he´s gut he will actually look pretty good still, considering he´s age.

I'd be happy to look like that when I'm his age. Shit, I'd be happy to look like that at my current age.

It's strange to me that he's still massive, but his arms shrunk up so much. You'd think other bodyparts would have done the same.:confused:

If I had to guess, I'd say that it has something to do with genetic weak points versus strong points.

In other words, say he took his arms further past their natural size than his legs, then they'd shrink more (in addition to being a smaller bodypart anyway, and thus easier to spot a difference in).

I am the same age as him.
I never felt so old. as when I read the comments about his old age.
it is not the age , it is what his body been trough.
like a fighter or boxer, what your body been trough ,in practice or combat means more than just age.
some in combat sport are done and broken very early , but started to fight and accumulate damage very early.

He's the man, was and still is.
I could care less what he does or looks like now, the guy was unreal and no one touched him IMO. He's earned the right to look however he wants now (I can't even begin to imagine how hard it's been to train now after coming off all the supps and dealing with all the injuries/surgeries... and he's still massive!).

If I had to guess, I'd say that it has something to do with genetic weak points versus strong points.

In other words, say he took his arms further past their natural size than his legs, then they'd shrink more (in addition to being a smaller bodypart anyway, and thus easier to spot a difference in).
Yeah there's a pic of Andreas Cahling on another thread and his arms got really small too, but he's still big in other places.

I am the same age as him.
I never felt so old. as when I read the comments about his old age.
it is not the age , it is what his body been trough.
like a fighter or boxer, what your body been trough ,in practice or combat means more than just age.
some in combat sport are done and broken very early , but started to fight and accumulate damage very early.

I think you and I are the same age. Do you train heavy? I know I haven't for over ten years and have been lucky with not having injuries.

there's a video on MD talking about this guy's bus tour.
watch the video, then come back and tell me how many guys in yr gym are as big and lean as he still is. those pics are a bit decieving.

Ronnie Coleman's Bus Tour Hits West Coast

Last edited:
I think you and I are the same age. Do you train heavy? I know I haven't for over ten years and have been lucky with not having injuries.

I know I should train lighter and smarter, but I do not.
I raise my rep range , but still addicted to getting stronger. There are a few promises I made myself for after turning 50...

When was this taken? He's had multiple surgeries.

Man, Ronnie Coleman could look like a horse turd, and it wouldn't change the fact that he is Ronnie Coleman an 8x Olympia winner, trains harder still than most here do currently, and trains because he loves doing so. I think people forget that Ronnie always has been, and always will be a true gym rat.

Doggcrapp talked once about his forearms atrophying due to I believe a neck injury of sort. This stuff is very real when it comes to damaged nerves.

I think the picture posted doesn't do him justice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7GdD4Nry0&feature=g-subs-lik]Ronnie Coleman Guest Posing at The 2012 Master Mr Olympia. Miami Beach, Florida. - YouTube[/ame]

he looks pretty damn built in this video

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity