over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Crohn's, AAS and HGH.

Stack132

Newbies
I want to start a thread about Crohns and how people with it respond to AAS and HGH. I would like to share experiances and any helpful info.

I have had Crohn's for 10 years and have used AAS for years. I wish there was more about crohns and AAS out there as i believe that AAS can benifit the disease tremensly especially in weight managment. I currently get AAS and GH prescribed and paid for by insurance, so it is all legit and there for i don't mind speaking openly. I feel GH has helped me to a degree and there are studies out there in the new england journal done by Dr. Alfred Slomin in regards to GH and its benifit on crohns. This study concluded that GH might be just as helpful as remicade(a well know great drug for crohns) when treating crohns. Oxandrolone (anavar) Also has a study out there that suggests that it might be bennificial to crohns with its healing properties and also for weight managment. Testosterone was found to be low in the majority of crohns people, especially those that have used cortizone steroids like prednizone. All this info is how i got my stuff prescribed and it does help a lot.

A few of the people that have crohns and have tried AAS have said that it may have induced flareups of the disease. In the past before i had a doc that was open to AAS treatment i tried a variety of aas over time. I found that certain AAS cycles were harder for me to complete than others and certain compounds were worse for my condition than others. Test and var and abviously ok for me and are my choice in aas. I have found maybe some difficulty with EQ, but i am not sure as each time i have run it i was on a very stickt repeditive diet as i do compete. So the diet might have been the cause. Anyone else have problems with eq? Also i found that i have flares a lot of the time when i come off a cycle why doing pct(for me that is hcg, nolvadex and clomid). For this reason i have decided to go on TRT as my levels were low anyways. If you have crohns and any of this sounds familiar, please chime in.

i have had crohn's for close to 10 years as well. march of 08' i had a small bowel resection due to the lining of my flared intestines causing a "leak" and bacteria causing an abcess in my abdomen. i have felt the best i have ever felt after my surgery.

prior to my surgery i wasnt ill, the abcess basically came out of nowhere...and fast.

i was diagnosed when i was 13 and offered hgh but my parents said no way in hell (extremely conservative and close minded)....so ever since then i have really wondered how it could benefit me.

i had be planning my first AAS cycle before my surgery but clearly had to hold off for a while. about 6 months post cycle and getting a majority of my weight back up, i ran test/dbol and felt like a million dollars. ever since then ive become a firm believer that AAS is helpful for crohn's patients.

the only downside that i have found, is that my intestines just dont absorb much. i can eat 5-6k calories and my weight not budge...WHILE on AAS.

....this has led me in the direction of peptides such as HGH and IGF for intestinal absorbtion remedies....but i have yet to try it

current stats are: 5'10 205 10%bf

i have had crohn's for close to 10 years as well. march of 08' i had a small bowel resection due to the lining of my flared intestines causing a "leak" and bacteria causing an abcess in my abdomen. i have felt the best i have ever felt after my surgery.

prior to my surgery i wasnt ill, the abcess basically came out of nowhere...and fast.

i was diagnosed when i was 13 and offered hgh but my parents said no way in hell (extremely conservative and close minded)....so ever since then i have really wondered how it could benefit me.

i had be planning my first AAS cycle before my surgery but clearly had to hold off for a while. about 6 months post cycle and getting a majority of my weight back up, i ran test/dbol and felt like a million dollars. ever since then ive become a firm believer that AAS is helpful for crohn's patients.

the only downside that i have found, is that my intestines just dont absorb much. i can eat 5-6k calories and my weight not budge...WHILE on AAS.

....this has led me in the direction of peptides such as HGH and IGF for intestinal absorbtion remedies....but i have yet to try it

current stats are: 5'10 205 10%bf

Thanks for the feedback. I can relate with the frustration of eating all that dame food and not gaining weight. I have a trick up my sleeve for that though. It's called Peptamin 1.5. It is an elemental meal replacment drink that comes in a 250ml can that is specifically made for people with crohns. If you have crohn's and workout this is a godsend. Actually when ever i get a flare up i stop eating all foods and will go on a diet of these drinks for 2-6 weeks depending on how bad the flare and it always gets me right. It gives your stomach time to rest. When i am well i use these drinks in combination with food of course. Try that bro.

As far as GH is concerned i have been on 3iu's for about 3-4 years now. I think it defenitely helps a lot but would not look to it as a sole means of controlling your crohns. There are no negative side effects to gh at this dose so what do you have to lose. That was my outlook and it helps me. Go to an endocrunologist and find that study by slomin, print it out and take it to the doc and tell him you want to try it.

I have run deca in the past as well and was fine. I also ran tren, test, var, eq, masteron, and a few others that i cannot think of right now. Everything was fine except when i came off each cycle then i flared. Tren was the worst coming off and i can only attribute it to the extra supression it cause and fluctuation in hormone levels i guess. To the day i stick with test and var as that is what i am prescribed but would like to hear more from others on different aas. Especially EQ as that is the only other aas i am considering in the future for myself again.

Thanks for the feedback. I can relate with the frustration of eating all that dame food and not gaining weight. I have a trick up my sleeve for that though. It's called Peptamin 1.5. It is an elemental meal replacment drink that comes in a 250ml can that is specifically made for people with crohns. If you have crohn's and workout this is a godsend. Actually when ever i get a flare up i stop eating all foods and will go on a diet of these drinks for 2-6 weeks depending on how bad the flare and it always gets me right. It gives your stomach time to rest. When i am well i use these drinks in combination with food of course. Try that bro.

As far as GH is concerned i have been on 3iu's for about 3-4 years now. I think it defenitely helps a lot but would not look to it as a sole means of controlling your crohns. There are no negative side effects to gh at this dose so what do you have to lose. That was my outlook and it helps me. Go to an endocrunologist and find that study by slomin, print it out and take it to the doc and tell him you want to try it.

I have run deca in the past as well and was fine. I also ran tren, test, var, eq, masteron, and a few others that i cannot think of right now. Everything was fine except when i came off each cycle then i flared. Tren was the worst coming off and i can only attribute it to the extra supression it cause and fluctuation in hormone levels i guess. To the day i stick with test and var as that is what i am prescribed but would like to hear more from others on different aas. Especially EQ as that is the only other aas i am considering in the future for myself again.

holy shit that peptamen is expensive!!

as for your test, var and hgh...what doses are u prescribed? is it 100% covered by ur insurance?

did u have ur gastro doc refer u to the endo?

holy shit that peptamen is expensive!!

as for your test, var and hgh...what doses are u prescribed? is it 100% covered by ur insurance?

did u have ur gastro doc refer u to the endo?

Yes it is expensive. However if you can get your gastro to write you a script for it the insurance will cover it. A lot of work, but trust me, i rely more on this stuff in a bad time then i do anything else.

Test i get 200mg/week
Var I get 20mg/day.
Humatrope 3iu's/day

All covered by insurance. They take crohn's pretty serious. All tho the hgh i had to jump through many hoops with insurance but at the end of the day with 2 doctors letters then approved it.

Last edited:
sorry to take so long to reply but im actualy just getting over a flare up right now! ,down to 15mg prednisone a day and just starting to eat enough again ,also just starting to get the urge to train but my workout would have to basicaly be a warmup session! lol nevermind , i get given that drink ,well similar anyway but only when i actualy need it so i never tried using it with food of any decent amount and will also give it a go. im exactly the same or was when i was still trying to use aas ,as in everytime i came off cycle i would flare! in the last year or so ive just been doing 150 sometimes 200mg test hrt each week but would love to be able to get away with say another 200mg of something maybe eq ? so i could actualy grow! lol this is all so frustrating as you well aware ,its great to know we can help each other in future though and look forward to learning from whoever possible. rich.

I want to start a thread about Crohns and how people with it respond to AAS and HGH. I would like to share experiances and any helpful info.

I have had Crohn's for 10 years and have used AAS for years. I wish there was more about crohns and AAS out there as i believe that AAS can benifit the disease tremensly especially in weight managment. I currently get AAS and GH prescribed and paid for by insurance, so it is all legit and there for i don't mind speaking openly. I feel GH has helped me to a degree and there are studies out there in the new england journal done by Dr. Alfred Slomin in regards to GH and its benifit on crohns. This study concluded that GH might be just as helpful as remicade(a well know great drug for crohns) when treating crohns. Oxandrolone (anavar) Also has a study out there that suggests that it might be bennificial to crohns with its healing properties and also for weight managment. Testosterone was found to be low in the majority of crohns people, especially those that have used cortizone steroids like prednizone. All this info is how i got my stuff prescribed and it does help a lot.

A few of the people that have crohns and have tried AAS have said that it may have induced flareups of the disease. In the past before i had a doc that was open to AAS treatment i tried a variety of aas over time. I found that certain AAS cycles were harder for me to complete than others and certain compounds were worse for my condition than others. Test and var and abviously ok for me and are my choice in aas. I have found maybe some difficulty with EQ, but i am not sure as each time i have run it i was on a very stickt repeditive diet as i do compete. So the diet might have been the cause. Anyone else have problems with eq? Also i found that i have flares a lot of the time when i come off a cycle why doing pct(for me that is hcg, nolvadex and clomid). For this reason i have decided to go on TRT as my levels were low anyways. If you have crohns and any of this sounds familiar, please chime in.

I have a very good freind with this disease and one reason I'm real passionate about this subject. I hope this thread can turn out to help all those with this dreaded disease.

hoped more people would reply to be honest as you say allin its a great way for us to share tactics in beating or dealing with this condition,i will share what ive found here or in pm but it isnt that much realy although far more than i knew in the beginning!

What a great thread!! Although I don't have chrohn's I do have ulcerative colitis; left sided about 20" of my colon and it's such a freakin beast.

My GI doesn't know my secret weapon; AAS. I once went to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital for a really high WCC, at the time I was really sick and weighed around 218, when I cam out of the hospital I was 198.

Three weeks later I was back at 220, finished up a cycle at 236, my GI was astonished. I felt like a champ!

I haven't had a flare up in a while, but when I do I fight it with everything in my arsenal.

I really don't know how I would approach him with my steroid use, all I know is what works for me. It keeps me strong, my appetite strong and my weight up. For me it's been a god send.....

I do have some problems with Tren. Tren in particular, I think because it promotes red blood cell production and if I have a flare up I tend to bleed badly anyway and the tren is just a big no-no for me. When I do run tren I always use ace, so if I do run into a issue I can get it out of my system quick.

Last edited:
I believe DAT had some stomach issues and said IGF-1 helped his stomach lining heal. I'm not saying it will or recommending it. Juts throwing the info out there. Don't know if it was Crohns that he had or not. Similar affects form the HGH increasing IGF-1 I suppose.

Last edited:
What a great thread!! Although I don't have chrohn's I do have ulcerative colitis; left sided about 20" of my colon and it's such a freakin beast.

My GI doesn't know my secret weapon; AAS. I once went to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital for a really high WCC, at the time I was really sick and weighed around 218, when I cam out of the hospital I was 198.

Three weeks later I was back at 220, finished up a cycle at 236, my GI was astonished. I felt like a champ!

I haven't had a flare up in a while, but when I do I fight it with everything in my arsenal.

I really don't know how I would approach him with my steroid use, all I know is what works for me. It keeps me strong, my appetite strong and my weight up. For me it's been a god send.....

I do have some problems with Tren. Tren in particular, I think because it promotes red blood cell production and if I have a flare up I tend to bleed badly anyway and the tren is just a big no-no for me. When I do run tren I always use ace, so if I do run into a issue I can get it out of my system quick.

Do you mind telling us what all aas you have tried? I agree with you on tren being harsh with my crohns. You bring up a good point that i forgot to mention - If anyone of you are thinking about trying aas for the first time, or a new aas compound, i really suggest you try a fast acting ester. Fast acting esters will be out of your system quicker, so if you do happen to flare on anything, you can stop asap and it will leave your system quick. Fast acting esters would consist of : test proprionate, test suspension, anavar, winstrol, dbol, and a few others. I also reccomend trying one at a time first to see how you react to them individually. If you stack them straight away and you have any problems, you wont be able to pinpoint which one it was.

Thanks for this thread on crohns. I have a aunt who passed away from it in the late 80's back when treatment wasn't as good. And I have a younger cousin who's 24 and he has been going thru a lot of this for the past 6 years since he's been diagnosed. I also have another cousin who's wife has a really bad case of crohns and can't afford any kind of treatment for it. In your opinion is aas an option for women as well with crohns? If anything I've learned a little more about this disease so just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks for this thread on crohns. I have a aunt who passed away from it in the late 80's back when treatment wasn't as good. And I have a younger cousin who's 24 and he has been going thru a lot of this for the past 6 years since he's been diagnosed. I also have another cousin who's wife has a really bad case of crohns and can't afford any kind of treatment for it. In your opinion is aas an option for women as well with crohns? If anything I've learned a little more about this disease so just wanted to say thanks.

I'm not really qualified to tell you if aas would be right for a woman with crohns. What i can tell you is that oncologists prescribe test for cancer and aids patients all the time for their "wasting" effects they get from the mentioned conditions. It's worked for myself and other crohns males that work out. However we all know the extra sides woman risk when they take aas.

I have to bump this because I have Chrons and had a small bowel resection in 2010, had another flare in the beggining of 2011 and started TRT 200mg weekly in aug 2011 and has helped a lot for me.
I am on my first blast which is Deca 300mg weekly and Testosterone Cypionate 500mg weekly. 3rd week in and I feel Ok except today I felt my Chrons kicking in, don't know if it will persist or not...Hopefully it's not goign to flare.

I am not bumping this thread, well I am, but more importantly years later, would like to know how you guys in this thread are doing? Number 2....for UC, you can have oxandrolone approved by insurance, just a fact. However, your weight cannot be over BMI....remember the medical community still uses BMI. So for example you have a BMI above 29- you would not get it. Over 30 your considered Obese. However, it can be approved. In fact, most people don't realize how strong Var is when it comes from the Pharmacy. I see all the time people post " I take 80mg/day." Really.....80mg of real var a day?....ok....that is like me saying it took 20 shots of wild Turkey just to get me drunk....your response would be..." Was he actually drinking wild Turkey or just cherry bombs loaded with red bull." The truth is, it's how you react to Var- yes it works quick....if it takes many weeks, it''s prob fake. The side effects for me, were sleeping issues and slight loss of hunger....and I already had sleeping issues. So for me it was a no go...I still have the bottle to this day.....the doc who prescribed retired before she turned 45...Also guess what, it was a GP as well, no endo. In fact, I believe that helped my case....as this is not a hormone issue, but a muscle waste...or muscle maintaining/BMI maintaining. It is prescribed for more than muscle waste, for people who suffered surgery and lose weight they are not gaining back etc. Yes you will need a prior Auth, yes of course your insurance is going to Deny and send it back, and then if you play the game,---now with Health Information, it's all about dx codes....the right code, you will get it probably. Then check how much your insurance covered- then you will see why they tried to make you jump through hoops....Var is not cheap, but stronger than I think most claim. Oh my sides came at 10mg a day...cannot imagine 80mg of legit var--- YOU WOULD NEVER SLEEP....or if it gave acne- YOU WOULD HAVE A LOT OF IT....whatever your weak to, 80mg of legit, would be crazy. ........ Growth Hormone is intriguing, however, make sure you have no dysplasia..... bc Growth Hormone can be the end all of that. AKA Polyps. However, I am sure many can make compelling copy and paste articles for both HGH not making bad polyps w dysplasia worse and some saying yes. The answer would be yes it CAN. So do get scoped routinely.

Yes there is a link between UC and C for low testosterone. Which yes could render TRT bc of course labs would be low, then you would have a reason for being low.....which makes insurance covering it ok. No, you would have no pit,gland problems as the LH and FSH levels should be fine....this would not be primary Gonad. However, since labs would reflect Low T and there is a cause....you can easily come up with a symptom...boom. However, most Endos might back off from this, as it is not endocrine in nature. Work with a GP....which means also know your shet with labs. AKA if your sensitive to DHT, have it checked. So you don't lose hair....as already people with UC can be nutrient deficient and that doesn't help hair...combine that with things that make DHT serum levels go up, then scalp and bam! Also, try a liquid Multi Vitamin- Absorbs better. I can recommend a brand. Also, whey protein......A lot of people I have noticed are getting hit with IBS. I listen to them talk, and the red flag is too much whey protein! To much red meat....I had a family member pass away- do to a neurological condition....before I could get the knowledge( still was not in my education program yet- just had my degree in science but not the specialty ) they would drink ensures....and their weight stayed the same. I can tell you Egg white protein can be good for absorption.

Anyway, I think this is a good topic....Imagine this a topic dealing with AAS and overall good health! If you want I can write my labs down...Estrogen sensitive test, progesterone, TT, Free TT, DHT, CBC, LH, FSH....Vitamin D, Vitamin B, also Lipid panel, TSH etc. If your going to do TRT....Plz go on a dose that keeps you not on the high side....as RBCs would pounce through the roof, to top that off with a possible bleeding condition...however good healthy levels....if you got to blast, then you got to do, what you got to do...just know what your sensitive to...DHT? E2? Etc. Some need to make the most out of their recovery phases.

Was 128 lbs
2014 207 lbs
2015- Cut- 181lbs.

Routine for Mass: Compound Movements- 3 day a week: Push day w legs, Pull day, then Legs. Reason....Maximum Recovery.

Last edited:
glad to see this thread, a close family member of mine who is a very young man has crohns and had a large portion of his intestine removed when he was around 18 or so. He is on a lot of medications and apparently has a pretty advanced stage of the disease. he has a degree in nutrition and is fit and all but no desire to do AAS or get big or anything like that as far as I know so i'm kind of scared to talk to him about it but I read things about hgh being able to repair or help the intestinal damage?

I'd like to know more about it and I wasn't aware that doctors would prescribe hgh for crohns patients so I feel a bit better talking to him about it knowing it's an acceptable treatment...

Have had chrons for over 20 years now 2 years ago trt and last year humira. Use gh hear and there and have been through a couple of preps, blasts and cruises so far so good. The humira has helped a lot as well as a almost perfect diet. To me that is most important finding which foods you do well with can help tons. Estrogen is a big issue as well. Goes up quick with not much. I get bloods every 12 weeks or so and have been good as long as dosing is kept in good range.
It's a constant experiment though some foods and supps your fine with one month and can't handle the next!!

drugs like humira are a terrible idea.

suppressing a fucked up immune system is not a cure, it is the opposite, it will bite you in the ass in the end.

your issues are with systemic inflammation and probably related to serotonin and other neuro chems as much as that might sound weird...

also look into the gi bacteria stuff I have posted.

that will actually fix you!

right now your are just plugging holes in the dyke... lol

had to say it that way! :eek:

we all know dykes to like holes plugged.

sorry, ill stop.

great metaphor though!

:welcome:

I was diagnosed with crohns about 5 years back and i guess got kind of lucky, mild - moderate case. I take 3600mg of pentassa a day for it (mesalamine). it has been years since i did a cycle but this topic has shed light on why i fared so much better in my test prop and winstrol run than i did on my test-e and tren run. it was miserable, at the time i just figured it was because i was trying to eat so much that my crohns was acting up... better i got the info now than never. thanks for this thread.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear