over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Danny Padilla

I have read this before, I think is from Pumping Iron 2... Can you remember who said it?

No I don't remember... there were a lot of females who worked out there at the time: Sandy Riddell, Sue Gafner, Mary Roberts, Debbie Muggli, Diana Dennis, more...

bro we hired dennis newman at la fitness in north county SD 2008 lol, he beat phil hernon a longtime member here in the usas in 94 I believe :) after leukemia might i add. dennis would do shoelace sized lines of blow with our district manager chris lol

another example of wasted talent and genetics.

View attachment 195200

Damn, Bodybuilders were handsome back in the day 😅

bro we hired dennis newman at la fitness in north county SD 2008 lol, he beat phil hernon a longtime member here in the usas in 94 I believe :) after leukemia might i add. dennis would do shoelace sized lines of blow with our district manager chris lol

another example of wasted talent and genetics.

View attachment 195200

Didnt he basically interrupt a competition, that he was not in at some point? Brain fog, but I swear he ripped off his shirt and was posing in the audience or some shit like that.

Anyone? Can’t find anything on why he stopped

"On July 17, the cancer survivor appeared on Dennis James’s The Menace podcast. During the podcast, the 1994 Mr. USA talked about his short-lived, tumultuous bodybuilding career. Newman also spoke about defeating cancer, making a comeback, his passion for surfing, and the reason he quit bodybuilding.

Milos Sarcev said he was surprised because bodybuilding had been Newman’s passion since he discovered his talent through weight training. So the bodybuilding coach asked why the former bodybuilding star lost interest in the sport. While many think Newman had lost the edge after leukemia and stopped competing because he suffered a career-ending pec tear in 1996 during his comeback, that might not be the case.

The bodybuilding icon had a different explanation. “You know what I got sick of all the people dying,” Newman told Milos Sarcev and the other hosts. The former NPC champion also cited the advent of the mass monster era as another reason for falling out of love with bodybuilding. Just like surfing made him feel at one with nature, Newman appreciated the “artistic” side of bodybuilding. Yet the times were changing.

“Once it got into the Dorian scene and stuff, it got like just got out of my cup of tea,” said the former bodybuilder. The man who now travels the world to pursue the best surfing waves said the mass monster era was not for him. While he rose to fame in the early 90s, Newman fell in love with bodybuilding during the golden era. In the mid-90s Dorian Yates had firmly established himself as the original mass monster."

"On July 17, the cancer survivor appeared on Dennis James’s The Menace podcast. During the podcast, the 1994 Mr. USA talked about his short-lived, tumultuous bodybuilding career. Newman also spoke about defeating cancer, making a comeback, his passion for surfing, and the reason he quit bodybuilding.

Milos Sarcev said he was surprised because bodybuilding had been Newman’s passion since he discovered his talent through weight training. So the bodybuilding coach asked why the former bodybuilding star lost interest in the sport. While many think Newman had lost the edge after leukemia and stopped competing because he suffered a career-ending pec tear in 1996 during his comeback, that might not be the case.

The bodybuilding icon had a different explanation. “You know what I got sick of all the people dying,” Newman told Milos Sarcev and the other hosts. The former NPC champion also cited the advent of the mass monster era as another reason for falling out of love with bodybuilding. Just like surfing made him feel at one with nature, Newman appreciated the “artistic” side of bodybuilding. Yet the times were changing.

“Once it got into the Dorian scene and stuff, it got like just got out of my cup of tea,” said the former bodybuilder. The man who now travels the world to pursue the best surfing waves said the mass monster era was not for him. While he rose to fame in the early 90s, Newman fell in love with bodybuilding during the golden era. In the mid-90s Dorian Yates had firmly established himself as the original mass monster."
Interesting, I wouldn’t really call that a waste of potential but great read nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.

The 70's/80's were the time in BB I most enjoyed. I started lifting in 1978 at age 12, buying the Mags at the Superette across the street.
(Paper route money). When Haney retired and Dorian came on, I still loved it, though not as much.
I consider the Larry Scott thru Lee Haney Olympia era as BB's best... The drug use seemed to ramp up and just blur some things for me.
Just wasnt the same...

The 70's/80's were the time in BB I most enjoyed. I started lifting in 1978 at age 12, buying the Mags at the Superette across the street.
(Paper route money). When Haney retired and Dorian came on, I still loved it, though not as much.
I consider the Larry Scott thru Lee Haney Olympia era as BB's best... The drug use seemed to ramp up and just blur some things for me.
Just wasnt the same...
from what ive gathered from old school bodybuilders the drug use didnt ramp up but changed to a "healthier" route.
in the 90s and 2000s they took orals like smarties but the injectable gear use was lower. Also, diuretics were used more excessively back then.
not sure if its true, but ive heard that from more than 1 bodybuilder who competed during this era

Interesting, I wouldn’t really call that a waste of potential but great read nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.
i actually agree here. I think we had just hoped dennis would be the next greatest thing, we were all rooting for him, but it would be very selfish and self centered for us to put our desires for him, above his personal passions and health quests. Dennis if you read this you are missed homeboy. living in so cal its hard not to fall in love with the beach. speaking from experience, I am about 20 min inland.

Dennis was massive, I'm not sure about his criticisms of Dorian, sure he wasn't a freak, but he had more mass than most of the 90's pros, I consider him along the lines of Gunter, Jay or Wolf.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws