over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

David Segui Speaks Out Against Hypocrisy of MLB Steroid Rules

What I mean by "having your cake and eating it too is that these substances exist and will be used by different people for different reasons. Folks like you and me who use AAS recreationally (since I stopped competing); are we "cheating those who don't use because we are artificially enhancing our physiques? It is difficult to use AAS while simultaneously decrying others who use them for different purposes. In this narrow scenario I think it's a bit hypocritical. I mean, we are all hypocritical in some ways because none of us are perfect. Just my two cents. Maybe just agree to disagree :cool:

My response would be, you and I are not competing with the natural guys at the gym, maybe for ego but that's it. While in the nfl players are competing vs each other. Say tom and Bob are competing for the last spot on the 53 man roster and both play nose tackle. Tom juiced and put on 15lbs of lean mass and gained strength. So the coach keeps him and Bob gets cut. So bob now doesn't get a NFL job that pays 250k and has to use his exercise science degree to be an assistant strength coach at a local college that pays 35k. He lost not only 215k in money that year but the chance to play and get a future contract making millions.

Obviously an extreme case but much different from you and I just looked more jacked than the next guy cuz we juice

The moral compass is very different in the US from Europe. That is why in the US you can buy whey protein and receive flour, while in Europe you receive what you buy and what put on the label.

Obviously, if a company sells something that is not true, it would be considered a mafia/criminal activity.

That is why tobacco companies are required to report the danger of smoking. I think that even in the US, packs must come with this warning.

A element of what you are saying is certainly true and a moral compass is certainly necessary to establish guidelines for what is safe and acceptable practice. The question is who sets those guidelines? THe government or the industry leaders themselves who, in the end have to cater to market demand for safe and genuine products. Capitalism defines what a consumer will and won't buy and companies should be the main watchdog of that. After all, if the buyer aint buying the business fails.

My response would be, you and I are not competing with the natural guys at the gym, maybe for ego but that's it. While in the nfl players are competing vs each other. Say tom and Bob are competing for the last spot on the 53 man roster and both play nose tackle. Tom juiced and put on 15lbs of lean mass and gained strength. So the coach keeps him and Bob gets cut. So bob now doesn't get a NFL job that pays 250k and has to use his exercise science degree to be an assistant strength coach at a local college that pays 35k. He lost not only 215k in money that year but the chance to play and get a future contract making millions.

Obviously an extreme case but much different from you and I just looked more jacked than the next guy cuz we juice

You make a fair point, but we would also have to account for Tom and Bob's skill as a factor to know if the added mass was the cause of him getting the spot. Also Bob will have a career that is likely more physically safe than playing pro football. I guess ups and downs of either scenario. Peace:cool:

we agree on some things but disagree on others.

I will say, I do find the "outrage" over the risks athletes face laughable. anyone who plays football who has common sense is fully aware of the risks. They are well compensated, I have no pity for them.

I have much more pity for say police officers than any professional athlete. Its ironic in a country that portrays the rich in such a negative light, the rich athletes gain so much sympathy. I feel its some sort of "athlete worship" or something which I find odd.

Rich people = bad
Owners = bad
Players = used abused dogs who are like slaves and risk their life every day to play football

I will say, I do find the "outrage" over the risks athletes face laughable. anyone who plays football who has common sense is fully aware of the risks. They are well compensated, I have no pity for them.

I have much more pity for say police officers than any professional athlete. Its ironic in a country that portrays the rich in such a negative light, the rich athletes gain so much sympathy. I feel its some sort of "athlete worship" or something which I find odd.

Rich people = bad
Owners = bad
Players = used abused dogs who are like slaves and risk their life every day to play football

I have no sympathy either for athletes who get a bad rap for using AAS, They know what they are getting in to so we agree here. Hatred or dislike of the wealthy simply because they are wealthy is based solely on an individuals lack of self worth and the lazy approach they take by venting there frustrations towards the wealthy.

I have no sympathy either for athletes who get a bad rap for using AAS, They know what they are getting in to so we agree here. Hatred or dislike of the wealthy simply because they are wealthy is based solely on an individuals lack of self worth and the lazy approach they take by venting there frustrations towards the wealthy.

I agree with this, I find it pathetic the hatred that the "poor" in their mind and middle class have for the wealthy. I just find it odd how rich CEO's who make 1 million dollars while their employees make $10 per hour are "bad", yet athletes who make 10 million a year and get whacked in the head coming over the middle are "victims" and poor babies.

No NFL player is a victim, nor are they over paid. They are paid exactly what they are worth based on the market, and if they break their neck or get CTE, that is the risk they chose to chose that profession. Just like if a cop gets shot he knew that risk coming in.

There are a big portion of society that feels that professional athlete somehow get screwed over, lol.

to be honest thats a scenario that people who lack experience come up with. those two nose tackles have been competing against juiced and non juiced athletes for years by the time they hit the pros. 10-15-20 lbs isnt what makes a difference and certainly that not the basis of how an elite level athlete like whats being discussed here does.

thats also part of the problem with "fans" they have no clue what it is to be on that level.

if some dbol n protein shakes made the difference between starting nfl and weekend beer league i think we would have a lot more fat millionaires running around.

unless the ppl who participate say the truth no one will really know and we continue with these ideas that just are not true. people get hurt by the lies physically, mentally and legally but we cant because joe schmoe who has never lived on a diet or really applied all this shit thinks that steroids make an athlete...

look how many nfl stars are here on pm, lol!

to be honest thats a scenario that people who lack experience come up with. those two nose tackles have been competing against juiced and non juiced athletes for years by the time they hit the pros. 10-15-20 lbs isnt what makes a difference and certainly that not the basis of how an elite level athlete like whats being discussed here does.

thats also part of the problem with "fans" they have no clue what it is to be on that level.

if some dbol n protein shakes made the difference between starting nfl and weekend beer league i think we would have a lot more fat millionaires running around.

unless the ppl who participate say the truth no one will really know and we continue with these ideas that just are not true. people get hurt by the lies physically, mentally and legally but we cant because joe schmoe who has never lived on a diet or really applied all this shit thinks that steroids make an athlete...

look how many nfl stars are here on pm, lol!

I will disagree on this

No one, no professional athlete, no gym bro, owes you information about what they put in their body to get to the level they do.

Privacy is a right. If I am a professional athlete or bodybuilder another persons thirst for information is not my priority.

Rich people = bad
Owners = bad

In no way I am a fan of professional athletes, team sports or popular sports, or support millionaires athletes, that's why I follow bodybuilding or strongman, because there is not much money, that creates a natural selection where you only have athletes who love the passion above profits. For example, I recently saw Alex Honnold's documentary, that is the kind of personalities and athletes that inspire me.

I don't care if a boxer earns 10 or 100 million for a fight, he should be aware of the dangers of his activity. That's all, and that was denied during decades in the NFL. And that is more dangerous for health than steroid use.

There are many jobs where people are at risk and do earn money just to survive, but it has nothing to do, because they know those risks.

A element of what you are saying is certainly true and a moral compass is certainly necessary to establish guidelines for what is safe and acceptable practice. The question is who sets those guidelines? THe government or the industry leaders themselves who, in the end have to cater to market demand for safe and genuine products. Capitalism defines what a consumer will and won't buy and companies should be the main watchdog of that. After all, if the buyer aint buying the business fails.

In theory, the seller should offer a legitimate product to stay in business, but in practice? How many supplement companies appear, make bank selling snake oil and then run with the money?

The Bigger, Stronger, Faster * documentary showed how the supplement industry works, that is supposedly the result of a free market where the government does not regulate anything.

I do not know why it is so difficult to understand, history has shown it again and again, throughout the world, in all races and cultures. You cannot expect moral or civilized behavior when there is a lot of money to win. That's why the NFL owners denied the information that could put their business at risk, and that's why athletes use steroids.

I will disagree on this

No one, no professional athlete, no gym bro, owes you information about what they put in their body to get to the level they do.

Privacy is a right. If I am a professional athlete or bodybuilder another persons thirst for information is not my priority.

i never said anyone "owes" anyone anything.
as certainly no one owes anyone anything in this case.

i just think lying about who you are and what it takes to be you is.... idk its fucking gay ( not in the sexual sense i think we know what i mean )

we should be proud of who we are and our decisions.

in this case ( that of aas and or other drug use ) ppl lie due to totally man made imaginary consiquences that have profound life impacts.

thats the real issue.
we should have a right to privacy but that right is basically non existent due again to the topic at hand. as any govt official in any country on this planet can violate your right to privacy and potentially freedom simply due to one persons ideas vs logic and science.

thats the part that i think is problematic about this issue.
unfortunately sports are mixed up in some shit they have no business being involved in, law and policy. sports are an attentions getting huge social platform ( as unfortunate and misplaced as that may be ) so in this case being about such important issues like alleged freedoms and personal well being it would be super cool if people might just be honest as honesty would be a change and maybe one lil change could lead to....

:sta:-wars

The dumbass general public treats guys getting busted now for weak shit like cjc dac and sarms the same way they treated guys getting popped for nandrolone back in the day. They think all PED's are the same. Such lazy thinkers.

i never said anyone "owes" anyone anything.
as certainly no one owes anyone anything in this case.

i just think lying about who you are and what it takes to be you is.... idk its fucking gay ( not in the sexual sense i think we know what i mean )

we should be proud of who we are and our decisions.

in this case ( that of aas and or other drug use ) ppl lie due to totally man made imaginary consiquences that have profound life impacts.

thats the real issue.
we should have a right to privacy but that right is basically non existent due again to the topic at hand. as any govt official in any country on this planet can violate your right to privacy and potentially freedom simply due to one persons ideas vs logic and science.

thats the part that i think is problematic about this issue.
unfortunately sports are mixed up in some shit they have no business being involved in, law and policy. sports are an attentions getting huge social platform ( as unfortunate and misplaced as that may be ) so in this case being about such important issues like alleged freedoms and personal well being it would be super cool if people might just be honest as honesty would be a change and maybe one lil change could lead to....

:sta:-wars

For the most part we agree.

I just don't like in general when people feel that alone owes them anything, even an explanation. Some examples.

If an athlete gets popped for using, they don't owe anyone an apology, it is just a hollow political correct gesture.

if Im at the gym and your a newbie and come up and ask me a question, sure it would be nice if I told you about diet, training, but at the same time you can't get mad if I actually say "sorry im busy I don't want to chat." some people actually feel like they are owed information.

It also bothers me online when people on sites like gh15 get so mad about "fake naturals". They don't owe it to anyone to say they use. They shouldn't go around screaming "im natural look at me." But im fine with. them lying to atones face and denying usage, it does not bother me one bit.

But for the most part we agree. The older I get the more I value privacy and being left alone, lol

For the most part we agree.

I just don't like in general when people feel that alone owes them anything, even an explanation. Some examples.

If an athlete gets popped for using, they don't owe anyone an apology, it is just a hollow political correct gesture.

if Im at the gym and your a newbie and come up and ask me a question, sure it would be nice if I told you about diet, training, but at the same time you can't get mad if I actually say "sorry im busy I don't want to chat." some people actually feel like they are owed information.

It also bothers me online when people on sites like gh15 get so mad about "fake naturals". They don't owe it to anyone to say they use. They shouldn't go around screaming "im natural look at me." But im fine with. them lying to atones face and denying usage, it does not bother me one bit.

But for the most part we agree. The older I get the more I value privacy and being left alone, lol

lol i totally understand that last line! ;)

for sure no one is owed plus the ppl who expect spoon feeding like that are probably kinda helpless to begin with. your gym example, its a total waste of time to give a real response as 9 times out of 10 they dont listen to anything useful anyway.

we should just have the freedom to be us.
:star-w:rs:star-w:rs

The dumbass general public treats guys getting busted now for weak shit like cjc dac and sarms the same way they treated guys getting popped for nandrolone back in the day. They think all PED's are the same. Such lazy thinkers.

i knew a guy who said, "oh amino acids & steroids...same thing" once when some baseball player was asked about using amino acids. this was during or right before the Mitchell Report bullshit. You're right, the general are real boobs when it comes to having any basic knowledge regarding PEDs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear