over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

David Segui Speaks Out Against Hypocrisy of MLB Steroid Rules

No need to insult the dude. Geez can't ever have a normal conversation on here (or anywhere anymore) without people insulting those they disagree with...

He said that he is not a fan of professional bodybuilding, you will understand, that it is not respectful to say that he considers that there are real athletes and then, there are pro bodybuilders.

But competitive bodybuilding and actual sports to me are in no way the same.

Using your logic, the kickers with the weakest legs we could move the goal posts in for. Or the slower players could use motor scooters. A line has to be drawn s ok somewhere and the line that has been drawn is before chemical enhancement. If there is a market to support a leage of juiced up players someone will start one and it will thrive (capitalism). So far the only competitive event where this has occurred is bodybuilding. Fans of sports have rejected aas usage and genetic doping and measures to enhance or make it fair so less genetic gifted athletes can compete by using chemicals.

YOU have "drawn the line" at chemical enhancement, certainly not the athletes...and in many cases not even the leagues themselves. Many sports leagues do no testing at all and of those that do, the testing is almost always scheduled and very infrequent, which is done specifically so the athletes CAN do use drugs and not fail the tests.

Drugs are RAMPANT in EVERY major sport.

Even when talking about the "fans", do you REALLY think they rejected AAS usage? Nope. Like I said previously, if there were two leagues, with one openly supporrting PED use and the other stringently testing all of its athletes, the popularity of the drug enhanced league would quickly usurp the tested league.

What fans don't like is "unfairness" or "cheating". Therefore, they sometimes ignorantly cast the blame at AAS because they don't realize what "fairness" in sports actually is, or that many of their favorite players are already juiced up. Regardless, if those same players all left to a PED league, the fans would follow. Tested sports would die out in the professional leagues, leaving only high school and college as tested leagues (for obvious reasons).

In other words, if the fans knew the truth, became educated and a drug enhanced league was available, the "fans" would readily embrace PED use in professional sports.

Last edited:
Yes, it's called ignorance and hypocrisy.

I can gaurantee you that if there were two leagues--one in which PEDs were allowed and the other all natural, the drug using league would be WAY more popular. Not even close.

By the way, strength (and somtimes size, as in the NFL) are often two major factors in determining who the best players are.

The general public thinks Maria Sharapova is a roid using cheater when all she used was some heart medication that boosts her energy levels similarly to caffeine.

He said that he is not a fan of professional bodybuilding, you will understand, that it is not respectful to say that he considers that there are real athletes and then, there are pro bodybuilders.

Yes that definitely warrants asking if someone is retarded. No need to get defensive and butt hurt so easy.

IMO professional sports should come out against steroids and other PEDs simply because taking them is not healthy. I don't see any issues with how it might affect the athlete's performance because I think many of them use it and so the playing field is relatively even. We mentioned genetic advantages being greater and I think that is true. You can take an average athlete and juice him to the gills and the genetically superior athlete will still outperform him.

For health's sake though, I don't think it is a good idea to broadcast the idea that taking PEDs is ok for young people. We don't need the use to become even more widespread that it is today. More young people will end up hurt or dead because of it. That is my opinion.

IMO professional sports should come out against steroids and other PEDs simply because taking them is not healthy. I don't see any issues with how it might affect the athlete's performance because I think many of them use it and so the playing field is relatively even. We mentioned genetic advantages being greater and I think that is true. You can take an average athlete and juice him to the gills and the genetically superior athlete will still outperform him.

For health's sake though, I don't think it is a good idea to broadcast the idea that taking PEDs is ok for young people. We don't need the use to become even more widespread that it is today. More young people will end up hurt or dead because of it. That is my opinion.

Great post. I never understood the cult mentality people have and how sensitive and defensive they get when talking about steroids. People assume because we take them we have to defend them like they are some sort of political ideology. I am a man who takes steroids to enhance my physical appearance. This does not mean that I am an athlete or I should consider bodybuilders athletes when in fact most are not very athletic by any metric. It also does not mean I should support pro athletes being able to take steroids.

You know that this anti-steroid propaganda is masive nonsense, because if the goal were to protect the health of athletes, football, boxing, MMA and a lot of other sports, should be banned.

There is a good movie by Will Smith about the consequences in the brain of the impacts that football professionals have. The league hided that information during DECADES... and the fans? They don't seem to care that these players become idiots or commit suicide as long as they have their damn show every Sunday.

Last edited:
You know that this anti-steroid propaganda is masive nonsense, because if the goal were to protect the health of athletes, football, boxing, MMA and a lot of other sports, should be banned.

There is a good movie by Will Smith about the consequences in the brain of the impacts that football professionals have. The league hided that information during DECADES... and the fans? They don't seem to care that these players become idiots or commit suicide as long as they have their damn show every Sunday.

No one is making them play sports, they can choose to be a doctor or sell cars.

They were exploited by the league and they were hidden valuable information about heath that could have changed their decisions.

But yes, they are now free to make juice or make juice, lol.

pro athletes and big actors etc lying about this stuff is far more damaging on large scale then any drug could ever be.

drugs are not the problem nor ever were. the issue is how we choose to use and incorporate these things in our lives.

all pro athletes use drugs. end of discussion.
maybe not 100% use aas but a good portion do.

to me a pro athlete is often a good example of what we are trying our best to achive physically. so if this dude comes out with no fear and no shame and says hey look i am the best of the best, you could never dream of what its like to be in my body and this is what i do..

with all the drugs in the world you will never be me.

i have millions of dollars and the best case of all scenarios and this is me....

if you cant say the same, just do you. be you be a good you be proud use some drugs if you want to but.... be good! be safe and be smart!

dont hypocrit
dont be a lyer

look at aas and the lies and all our bs about doses because ppl are not hoenst.

im a waaaaay better drug user then ronnie coleman, clearly he is a waaaaaay better body builder. would be super cool if we could have open talks about shit liek that so kids ( of who it seems you are trying to protect ) can see the realites of drugs, genetics, etc.

:star-w:rs

They were exploited by the league and they were hidden valuable information about heath that could have changed their decisions.

But yes, they are now free to make juice or make juice, lol.

Exploited? A ups driver lifts heavy packages all day, are they exploited? Inner city teachers deal with rude students all day, are they exploited by school's and parents? Tech guys have to sit on their ass all day which limits physical activity which is detrimental to their health, ate they exploited? Cops have to confront criminals, are they exploited? How should we prevent these victims along with the millionaire athlete victims from being exploited?

If you are a human on planet earth and choose to walk out your door you risk being "exploited ". I've found people who walk around thinking victim/ opresser all day are happier and more successful.

You dont need decades of studies plus a will smith movie to know playing football is dangerous just common sense.

Exploited? A ups driver lifts heavy packages all day, are they exploited? Inner city teachers deal with rude students all day, are they exploited by school's and parents? Tech guys have to sit on their ass all day which limits physical activity which is detrimental to their health, ate they exploited? Cops have to confront criminals, are they exploited? How should we prevent these victims along with the millionaire athlete victims from being exploited?

If you are a human on planet earth and choose to walk out your door you risk being "exploited ". I've found people who walk around thinking victim/ opresser all day are happier and more successful.

You dont need decades of studies plus a will smith movie to know playing football is dangerous just common sense.
Football players were exploited. The movie is called concussion, based on a true story. Everyone knows football is dangerous. NOBODY BUT the NFL and some scientists knew that repeated concussions caused permanent brain damage leading to psychosis and suicide. The NFL knew and they hid it because they knew the implications that it would have in the sport and their profits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Football players were exploited. The movie is called concussion, based on a true story. Everyone knows football is dangerous. NOBODY BUT the NFL and some scientists knew that repeated concussions caused permanent brain damage leading to psychosis and suicide. The NFL knew and they hid it because they knew the implications that it would have in the sport and their profits.

they were not "exploited", that is an actual word with a definition. in a free market they are not exploited. you would have a better argument to say they are wayyyyy over paid, but I would not agree with that as the market dictates their wages. so no one in society is really underpaid, some are overpaid if they make minimum wage because their wage is artifiicial.

you can say the NFL was shady, but saying NFL players are "exploited' is the talk of a drama queen. there are many occupations that are dangerous for many reasons, physically, mentally, stress, etc.

Here are occupations that have the highest suicide rates, NFL players are not on there. All these professions make much less. If NFL players are taken advantage of by the NFL, then wow, these workers must really be taken advantage of by 20 fold

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/these-jobs-have-the-highest-rate-of-suicide/

I never understood why people have such sympathy for athletes when they make so much money and get to play a game for a job. Many of them retire by age 35, what other profession can say that? In addition, their career in the NFL even if brief often leads to them getting jobs easier after. Say you played 10 years for the steelers and applied for the same job as average Joe for a company in Pittsburgh who had a slightly better resume. Who is getting the job?

Sorry but I don't pity pro athletes. All professions (except minimum wage ones) make what they are worth based on a free market.

Since the will smith movie (im sure its 100% unbiased, Hollywood), has there been a large decline in people wanting to play in the NFL? A handful of players have quit, Chris Borland, John Urshel, thats about the ones I can think of, vs the thousands that will apply for the draft next year.

There's a lot of drug use in those professions as well, just of a differnet ilk.

Regardless, some people want to be the very best at their chosen sport, particularly at the professional level where, for many, it has become an all-consuming endeavor. This makes PED's a necessity, which is why they are used so profusely in the competitive sports arena. When one understand this mentality--the pursuit of absolute excellence--it is easy to understand why so many athletes choose to utilize these drugs.

Last edited:

Well, the info is now out and how many guys have avoided football and left the pros altogether? A handful at best. Also, we have known forever that blows to the head are cumulative as it has been observed in boxers going back 100 plus years. They did not call it CTE at the time but we have known this for longer than any of us have been alive. This in a way reminds me of the people who assumed smoking was safe prior to the "hidden research" finally coming out of tobacco company hiding, lol. So people assumed breathing smoke in all day was no big deal, despite this being what kills the vast majority of those caught in fires????

The whole we had no idea they hid it from us is BS IMO. The overwhelming number of guys who played football are fine and the risks taken are well worth the payoff IMO. Many people risk far more for far less reward, the military, police, and fireman come to mind.

There's a lot of drug use in those professions as well, just of a differnet ilk.

Regardless, some people want to be the very best at their chosen sport, particularly at the professional level where, for many, it has become an all-consuming endeavor. This makes PED's a necessity, which is why they are used so profusely in the competitive sports arena. When one understand this mentality--the pursuit of absolute excellence--it is easy to understand why so many athletes choose to utilize these drugs.

Of course not disagreeing. But there have to be lines on what is allowed and what is considered cheating. You can use protein powder, you can use vitamins, you can use your money to hire the best coaches, trainers, massage therapists to recover, you are paid well enough to hire the best doctors and surgeons.

You cant use test, deca, tren, cork your bat (baseball), put weights in your gloves (NFL lineman, boxers) , spy on your opponents practices (Patriots) etc

These are the rules agreed to by the owners and players representatives and typically supported by public opinion. If nfl players wanted to use test and deca as much as gym bros claim they do, then they would nominate a player rep that would hold off on the cba until the owners agreed to eliminate drug testing.

Obviously players aren't as worried about it as some forum guys. Players are more worried about being allowed to smoke pot and want guaranteed contracts. I believe guys on forums who get so butthurt when someone is against aas in sports dont actually care about the millionaire players well being they just want society to accept aas usage as normal. At the end of the day I personally dont care how society views aas I use regardless and I dont go around telling anyone I use because it's not their business and doesn't benefit me.

Every monetary society is based on exploiting each other, it is the history of the civilization of man.

When you hide information you are a criminal, either as the owner of the NFL or as a seller of tobacco to the crowd.

Science and its discoveries must be available to everyone, otherwise, we cannot talk about a free society, and then, people can freely choose if they want to take risks; whether for money, survival, honor, fame, for pleasure, etc....

Last edited:
in a free market

There is no free market if there is no free information, if you have monopolies that hide or minimize the harmful effects of an activity or product, you are in a dictatorship!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear