YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DEADLIFTS during hypertrophy training anyone ???

TRYN2

Registered
Who still does dead lifts in a hypertrophy routine ? I have heard mixed reviews, most say it is a staple for strength, size & thickness. Then others say it is just to show off and could lead to injury. I have not done them in 6 months but feel like I should be. If not off the floor I would like to atleast do rack pulls. I remember them being an excellent way to fry my traps in the upper region of the movement. It makes more sense to me to have the muscle under a 400 pound pull on your traps versus some 100 lb dumbells, doesnt it ???

TRYN2 said:
Who still does dead lifts in a hypertrophy routine ? I have heard mixed reviews, most say it is a staple for strength, size & thickness. Then others say it is just to show off and could lead to injury. I have not done them in 6 months but feel like I should be. If not off the floor I would like to atleast do rack pulls. I remember them being an excellent way to fry my traps in the upper region of the movement. It makes more sense to me to have the muscle under a 400 pound pull on your traps versus some 100 lb dumbells, doesnt it ???
i personally always do deadlifts, i just don't do them in the same week that i squat, i always do them off the floor also.

I have been doing SLDL's on my leg days for a few months... I lllllike'em -StOrY-

In my book...Hell yes! To me that's like asking "does anybody still squat or do heavy bench to grow?" If you don't do deads properly, yes you might get hurt, but that laws applies to any movement. Heavy compound movements rule!!!! If I could do only 2 things on back day, it would be deads (off the floor) and heavy barbell rows.

I think I need to get back to doing a few sets on my back/leg day. I stopped doing them cause a lot of people say that they are too dangerous. :rolleyes:

Deads are a staple of any mass program. The thing is perfect your form and use a wieght that you can have perfect form with. Also you can get great results with using less wieght but not locking out at the top. Constant tension or resting the wieght on the floor.

RC

Gustavo Badell also speaks about this in the new MD March issue in his "freakin rican column"

If I could do only five movements, deads would be one of them. Squats, Chins, Benches, Cleans (lol can you tell I am VERY old school) would be the others. Heavy deads = mass in the back, traps, and legs.

b-boy said:
i personally always do deadlifts, i just don't do them in the same week that i squat, i always do them off the floor also.

That's why your back looks like someone slapped a bunch of packages of extra lean beef on it, lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws