over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Decline bench...ANyone do thiese

No more decline for me. That's how I tore my pec and wasn't going heavy either. Not saying it's a bad movement. I just stay away from them now.

Yes

Hey Ness just because you express your experience and feelings about decline doesnt mean you are taking away from Phil.

I added 50 of that 100lbs in the last 4 months...once everything in my tiny brain understood what Phil told me. With my genetics, I cant take any credit..lol.

I actually feel as though my upper chest has developed better with decline bench. It usually gets sore in upper and lower regions. I find decline bench much better on my shoulders than flat bench. I only do decline barbell benchpress because of this. For flat bench/incline I will do dumbells but at this point, my chest grows just fine from decline and my shoulders don't go through hell from them!!

Phil recommend the barbell with these or dumbells?

Declines are hard for me to do because I workout alone. With dumbbells it's hard to get yourself set up on the bench, and with barbells I have no spotter so I can't go to failure.

i feel the barbell works better imo. more of a natural feeling to me, plus i work out alone so much easier to do it in general. the best thing about the decline is that i feel like it takes your shoulders just about completely out of the lift.

i feel the barbell works better imo. more of a natural feeling to me, plus i work out alone so much easier to do it in general. the best thing about the decline is that i feel like it takes your shoulders just about completely out of the lift.

I agree about the barbell....Sucks dropping into a decline bench with a pair of 200lb DB's.

Declines are hard for me to do because I workout alone. With dumbbells it's hard to get yourself set up on the bench, and with barbells I have no spotter so I can't go to failure.

use the hammer stregth.

SB

Im not going to spill the beans about decline technique as that's Phil's trade...but Ive added 100lbs to my bench in the last 3 years.

Phil...give us hint at least.

I recently starting doing them on hammer strength.

Torn PEc

I tore my pec doing decline also. If I try to perform decline I can feel the stress where I tore the tendon.

I did weighted dips for a long time, but I was inbtroduced to doing bench at only a slight decline and the results are much better. As mentioned, less shoulder stress (had surgery on both of mine) and a good overall pump/feel in the pecs. I do bar or DB's. I get someone to set those suckers up on my knees and I can take them from there.

Decline with a barbell. I used to do dumbbells but since switching to bench with barbell chest has exploded alot more then with dumbbells but I still sometimes switch it up with both. Hit the muscle a little differently keep it fresh. Definitely suggest a spotter if your going heavy with dumbbells however

I know a lot guys who never do decline, Ive always done decline and can see the difference.

Decline smith

I absolutely love doing declines in the smith. Takes the stress off my shoulders from having to keep the bar from coming back towards your head. All you have to do is get your body in the right groove and press. For me I feel it best if the bar hits below nipple level/bottom of the rib cage.

The motion is fluid and the pump is insane. Again, its all about finding the proper position and once you do trust me I think you will like it.

I had a very decent chest built mostly on incline/slight incline, but once I started decline smith with decent weight, my chest just exploded and is now my best bodypart...

well I read this post last night and I was hyped up for declines today and I think I tore my pec. Im iceing it now. Just one of those things I guess.

Yeah i started doing declines today for the first time in YEARS. All i can say is WOW!!! My chest was pumped like i haven't had it pumped in years. Declines and then dips (Feet forward, chin to chest, elbows out). My chest was so pumped it was actually hurting. Glad i asked this question!!!!

Y Declines and then dips (Feet forward, chin to chest, elbows out). My chest was so pumped it was actually hurting. Glad i asked this question!!!!

DO NOT DO DECLINES AND DIPS IN THE SAME WORKOUT, THATS NUTS....or youre using little weights....nonetheless, alternate the 2 but NEVER together.

this is a great thread for guys like me who get more shoulders and tri stimulation with flat then chest! 3 weeks doing decline im hoping in 4-6 months my chest is poping the fck out!!

im going to try the smith as well maybe with some rest pauses.

SB

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner