over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Derek Poundstone 2013 Arnold Training Vid

Wesley Inman

Banned
Wanted to share this with you guys...

This is Derek's newest training video for the Arnold Strongman Competition.

A long time training partner and friend of mine, he will be there as well as other several awesome Strongman facing off for the title. As some of you are aware he has won the Arnold several times in the recent past.

If any of you guys are @ the Arnold be sure to check out the Strongman display, you may not believe the weights these guys move if you have not seen it in person yet!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzkRwJ_ww4]Derek Poundstone 2013 Arnold Training Video - YouTube[/ame]

Impressive and inspiring vid, almost sad I take Sundays off, I wanna hit the gym after watching that

If I were a betting man, I'd take Derek or Mike Jenkins for the win :headbang:

This guy has done WSM right? I Recall rooting for him on ESPN

I thought Jenkins was out after a recent knee surgery??

Good call, I completely forgot aboutthat!

Derek for the win then!

The prize money
(as a few people have PM'd is "generally"-don't jump all over me if I am wrong for 2013")
But "in the past" the Prize is $25,000 dollars plus a Watch valued at $15,000.

I thought you knew something I didn't, lol.

Tough lineup this year * not sure if this list is correct?

1.Mikhail Koklyaev (Russia)
2.Zydrunas Savickas (Lithuania) ** Pulled out **
3.Mark Felix (United Kingdom) ** Big Z’s replacement **
4.Vytautas Lalas (Lithunia)
5.Brian Shaw (United States)
6.Mike Burke (United States)
7.Adam Scherr (United States)
8.Derek Poundstone (United States)
9.Thor Bjornsson (Iceland)
10.Krzysztof Radzikowski (Poland)
11.Jerry Pritchett (United States) ** Winner of All-American Strongman at the LA Fit Expo **

I like Derek, pulling for him to win WSM. Personally I'd like to see Misha win after coming so close and he's my favorite, but these events are not good for him.

If I had to bet it would be on Thor. Dude is just so big, strong and he's young and healthy.

Any idea how much was that deadlift? That friggin bar was ready to snap in half! LOL

I train at Dereks gym and talk to him regularly...he is determined and prepared to win! I will be there rooting him on at the Arnold!

I thought you knew something I didn't, lol.

Tough lineup this year * not sure if this list is correct?

1.Mikhail Koklyaev (Russia)
2.Zydrunas Savickas (Lithuania) ** Pulled out **
3.Mark Felix (United Kingdom) ** Big Z’s replacement **
4.Vytautas Lalas (Lithunia)
5.Brian Shaw (United States)
6.Mike Burke (United States)
7.Adam Scherr (United States)
8.Derek Poundstone (United States)
9.Thor Bjornsson (Iceland)
10.Krzysztof Radzikowski (Poland)
11.Jerry Pritchett (United States) ** Winner of All-American Strongman at the LA Fit Expo **

I like Derek, pulling for him to win WSM. Personally I'd like to see Misha win after coming so close and he's my favorite, but these events are not good for him.

If I had to bet it would be on Thor. Dude is just so big, strong and he's young and healthy.

Bjornsonn is already awesome, but give him a couple years to pull up lagging parts (like overhead pressing), and he'll be top three.

As for this year, I'd have to go with either Koklyaev, Shaw (depending on how his injury holds up) or Lalas.

Just for reference here's a 2012 WSM competition from a different production:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbegXieBhqY]2012 World's Strongest Man FINALS - YouTube[/ame]

Bjornsonn is already awesome, but give him a couple years to pull up lagging parts (like overhead pressing), and he'll be top three.

As for this year, I'd have to go with either Koklyaev, Shaw (depending on how his injury holds up) or Lalas.

Have you seen any of his facebook/youtube videos lately? He was destroying the dumbell. 110kg for 7 and 116kg for 4.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7uFWtw9JBE]Thor Bjornsson - DB training 116kg for reps - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sure Shaw will be there. I have a beef with him though so I'm hoping someone else wins.

As much as pounds tone is awesome I wouldn't count Thor out especially with these events as they really suit him.

Heavy grip work and over head pressing, for a massive tall guy he has a pretty good dead as well.

Should be good

Any idea how much was that deadlift? That friggin bar was ready to snap in half! LOL

I have heard from a friend this is a rack pull, low rack pull with 1,015lbs on the bar...I was not there though..

I know he has been working with 845lbs for reps and a few years ago I firsthand watched him hit 800x10 on DL.

I have been fortunate enough to see almost everyone of these guys compete in person...

Thor is great no doubt, but he is young.. He is 6'9 and 440ish..but he is young and less experienced. Size does not always win in Strongman and size doesn't always equate to Strength and Power.

Shaw is 6'8-6'9ish if I remember right and I have seen him around 400-420lbs...He did win WSM before, and is definently a serious contender.

Derek is legit 5'11-6' and maybe 350ish, somewhere in that ballpark,slightly more slightly less...He's more similar to a Mariusk Pudzianowski whereas he is far more versatile then most of the competitors.

Misha is awesome, fantastic person, though I doubt he will do too much...Same goes with Mark Felix, great guy, but not sure he will do too well at the Arnold.

Lalas and Krzysztof get my sleeper vote...those two are highly underestimated at times..

Of course Big Z would have been favored to win, him and Derek for sure...

I still stand by Poundstone for the win...Whoever wins will need to stay healthy first and foremost...that is a huge factor.

Countdown to the Arnold, any of you guys attending??

Out of all those amazing feats, the one that impressed me the most was how high he could jump! WOW :eek: that is insane for someone so big and heavy. The guy must be pure muscle!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws