over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DHEA on cycle for diminishing libido

bboveri

Registered
Read somewhere that when your HPTA is suppressed, so is DHEA which can be responsible for libido. Also one of the reasons your libido slowly declines after being on for a long period. Anyone use DHEA on cycle? What dose? 50mg/day?

25mg am &
25mg pm

What about when your NOT on a cycle?

if you will do a search bro there was a very good thread about dhea.
i think it was WOW DHEA AND LIBIDO OR SEX DRIVE. you will find it with search.

Before I started my own HRT after finding out my test and LH levels were low, months and months and months after pct, my dhea was also super low. I take 25mg morning and night, time released. Got tested and it was in range.

I read that you need something like 200mg morning and night for it to work.

So you only need 25mg?

SWALE

In reference to one of the above posts, yes, there is a post in the effects of "DHEA-Wow" or something similar.

Search for the poster "Swale", Dr. John Crissler... it's an EXCELLENT post about peri-TRT/HRT. You'll find exactly what you need about DHEA and HCG.

Population specific, but "yes"

I read that you need something like 200mg morning and night for it to work.

So you only need 25mg?

When referring to doses and what not, sometimes you have to be population/situation specific... someone with seizure's may need "x" mg's of Phenobarbital and another may need almost double to control them, etc.

For DHEA then, while you may find doses of up to 1600mg in certain study's, those dealt with diabetes and the elderly.

For an otherwise "normal, healthy male" in the 30's or older, looking to maintain normal DHEA levels, then 25mg qhs (before sleep) should suffice. Too large amount of DHEA can convert to estrogen. It's called the "mother hormone" as the majority of other hormones develop from it, so too much is a bit of a gamble to which "route" it will choose.

Quad-Smack mentioned 25 QAM as well, this might be OK too, I'm simply referring to what Swale put in his post about DHEA.

For DHEA then, while you may find doses of up to 1600mg in certain study's, those dealt with diabetes and the elderly.

hhmmm now your going to make me reread that thread i am type 2 and didnt know it may effect dhea.

thanks for mentioning that.

Type 2 and DHEA

hhmmm now your going to make me reread that thread i am type 2 and didnt know it may effect dhea.

thanks for mentioning that.

RV- I can't remember if the participants had low DHEA to begin with though, nor if the study answered the chicken/egg question: does low DHEA lead to Type2 or does Type2 lead to low DHEA.

I only remember the population, the dose, and results.

Lower endogenous androgen levels and dyslipidemia ...[Ann Intern Med. 1992] - PubMed Result

Dehydroepiandrosterone and diseases of aging. [Drugs Aging. 1996] - PubMed Result

**broken link removed**

Note: The top two articles deal with the association of low DHEA and insulin resistance. The JAMA article only used 50mg.

I kept looking for the reference to the 1600mg but I really need to get back to my Greek I homework! haha, maybe I can try later when I hit another mental-block :)

Although-

Despite not being able to answer the chiken/egg question, all the articles I perused through did note a significant direct correlation between low androgen levels and increased insulin resistance. OK, back to homework!

WELL thanks myosin you have done alot already i will check these links. thanks again.

this might be a silly question but is all dhea the same or do you get different grades.

i have been using these any1 no if its the right stuff

**broken link removed**

Most probably

this might be a silly question but is all dhea the same or do you get different grades.

i have been using these any1 no if its the right stuff

**broken link removed**

This really goes with any supplement question... is it a "reputable" brand? As far as the company, don't know. The concern is always if the brand actually has what it claims. As far as DHEA though, that is the type. Swale does recommend a time-released version if possible though.

Self-correction

I just re-read the post myself: Swale does recommend the following:

1) 25mg, AM and Qhs (this is the upper limit he recommends)

OR

2) 10mg time-released (sustained-release) twice a day.

I know I'm a little off topic here. But, I found using DHEA during pct was great for mood (as others have mentioned) and libido boost. I doubt it helped much with recovering hpta (possibly even suppressed a bit??). But, it made the process so much easier last go around! I was using 100 mg morning and 100 mg post workout. I know that sounds high, but eh.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131