advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you foam roll, use soft tissue therapy after an inject?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ive foamed rolled for scar tissue build up and injuries and with people saying how much scar tissue theyve have, would it make sense to just do soft tissue therapy a day or so after injection?

either massage it yourself- deep tissue, use a tennis ball, or foam roller, what do you think?

Yes.

Foam rolling in general is a great idea. Breaks up adhesions and aids in recovery. It's a very valuable bb tool.

Guys you know what would be great if we could get some youtube clips in here of ways to foam role each muscle group. I really need to do my tris, they are full of scar tissue.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSV3_SQ2h7g"]Tricep Self Massage with Foam Roller - YouTube[/ame]

Triceps here I need to start doing this. I know jjb1 pins lots of oil in his arms, JJ do you foam roll arms?

For Delts use a therapy ball or for the brave the makers of the rumble roller have the beastie ball a therapy ball with protruding rubber spikes.

Also work well for glutes. Foam roller is better for quads

Youtube Kelly Starrett or Donny Thompson BIGDTV

This might sound odd

I lotion myself up and roll around on a boulder.
This boulder has a smoother (flat) side as well
As a more pointed side.

Works way better than a foam roller.
Hurt more as well.

I'm glad this topic came up.

For the first few years (about 7!) that I used AAS, I only pinned delts because I couldn't reach my triceps and was scared to hit glutes or quads.

That said, now I have a ton of scar tissue in my delts and was wondering if the roller or lacrosse ball would help break any of that up...looks like I'm going to be rolling a LOT more!

Thanks for the input, guys!:headbang:

I'm glad this topic came up.

For the first few years (about 7!) that I used AAS, I only pinned delts because I couldn't reach my triceps and was scared to hit glutes or quads.

That said, now I have a ton of scar tissue in my delts and was wondering if the roller or lacrosse ball would help break any of that up...looks like I'm going to be rolling a LOT more!

Thanks for the input, guys!:headbang:
Of course it will help if you dont want to deal with the popping and cracking of pinning thru the scar tissue lol foam rolling and collagen supplements are internal scar tissues best friend... unless u keloid and it more of snow ball chance in hell but better than nothing and can at least spare your ROM before the keloid takes off like wildfire.. and before i sound the alarm for paranoid people by mentioning keloids.. they really only start to weigh in when it comes to injuries and surgery.. pinning and mild strains and sprains dont worry

Definitely a good idea. I like to pin a muscle that I'll be training so I'm forced to foam roll.

For general therapy, I just do foam rolling.

As for massaging the injection area after the inject or the day after, I use a lacrosse ball. Hurts like hell, but it works.

Hey, I wanted some advice on what type of roller to buy, am looking on eBay (UK) an there all about £15 but there all look a lot different, some are smooth, and some are spikie as hell, what's best for breaking up scar tissue??

Hey, I wanted some advice on what type of roller to buy, am looking on eBay (UK) an there all about £15 but there all look a lot different, some are smooth, and some are spikie as hell, what's best for breaking up scar tissue??

Get the one with spikes. A therapy/lacrosse ball works better for smaller areas (Delts)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws