over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you sleep enough?

Sleep less than 6 hours everyday...and sometimes even take medicines to help fall asleep:(

I have friends who use CPAP machines that tell me they get the best sleep of their lives now. Apparently with sleep apnea most times you never reach REM and the CPAP unit helps correct that.

Yes since getting a cpap machine I finally knew what it felt like to be rested after 25 years of horrible sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have friends who use CPAP machines that tell me they get the best sleep of their lives now. Apparently with sleep apnea most times you never reach REM and the CPAP unit helps correct that.

Dude, sleep apnea is terrible. I got diagnosed with "moderate" 2 years ago and was given a mouthguard instead of a CPAP (btw, CPAP is dated now, its called an APAP). Mouthguard worked for awhile but depending on what and how much im running, i still maybe get 4-6.5 hours of sleep and feel fine.

But my last blast (with tren of course) my shit got bad. Fell asleep during the day regularly. Went and got another check up on it and I had "high severe" sleep apnea—i was also sitting at 285lbs. Tried the APAP which they let you do and it was night and day difference. Unfortunately my insurance can NOT cover it so i'm holding tight until the new year as I'm getting married and taking my wife's insurance. Cant waaait for the machine. It was sleep getting the first sleep in years.

The crazy shit is I feel my physique made the most drastic improvement these past 2 years...on semi-shitty sleep.
My fiance constant tells me, "imagine if you DID SLEEP WELL....just how much more progress you could make." it's fucking true.
If your goal is to grow muscle or lose fat, we neeeeed to be knocked out. Most of us are probably running at 70% and we just dont know it.

Last edited:
out of the major factors sleep is the least important to progress(the others being diet, training , drugs). you will feel kind of tired etc but you will grow and gain muslce and strength if others are on point. having said that do everything possible to get enough sleep.

Curious for those who are light sleepers how you can sleep with a mask strapped to your face? I tried a home sleep study one time but couldn’t fall asleep with that device attached to my head/face.

Also, can you get a apap machine without going to your doctor?

Curious for those who are light sleepers how you can sleep with a mask strapped to your face? I tried a home sleep study one time but couldn’t fall asleep with that device attached to my head/face.

Also, can you get a apap machine without going to your doctor?

The mask isn't that bad. There are many styles so it's about finding what you're comfortable with. I use a Dreamwear gel pillows mask.

I found getting used to exhaling against the flow of air harder than getting used to the mask. It's just a weird sensation. Over a few weeks I worked up from only being able to use mine for 1 hour a night, to 3, to 6, etc. After 4 - 6 weeks I was up to 7+ hours a night and sleeping better than I have in I don't know how long.

You can buy machines on Craigslist and I'd assume eBay, etc. You'll have to figure out appropriate airflow settings on your own. Look into features like humidifiers, data sync if you want to track info - they do more than just blow air.

I actually have an appt with my pcp to refer me for a sleep study. He originally tried to prescribe me an expensive mouth guard to be fitted by a dentist. I figured I’d skip that piece and get a sleep study which is covered by my insurance and tell me the answers I need.

What (if any) OTC sleep aids do you guys use? I have been a light sleeper all my life, and as I've gotten older, it's only gotten worse. I've tried every OTC sleep aid you can think of, and found one that works extremely well (for me). UNISOM liquid. It is the only thing I've found that works every time I take it, and never have to increase the dosage!
GD

I actually have an appt with my pcp to refer me for a sleep study. He originally tried to prescribe me an expensive mouth guard to be fitted by a dentist. I figured I’d skip that piece and get a sleep study which is covered by my insurance and tell me the answers I need.

I tried one of those studies once but couldn't fall asleep in their facility. The bed was horrible and I was not comfortable, especially with all of the crap hooked up to me. So my test didn't go so well. Nothing was very conclusive for me. I hope yours goes better. Does anyone know if it is possible to have them come to your home and do the test in your own bed?

They do offer some home sleep studies but I’m sure every medical facility is different. I’m going to inquire about it because I think it would be much more accurate in your own bed. I’ve heard other people complain they slept like crap in the sleep center. The sleep center I’d go to is actually in the same building as my gym.

Another quirky question I wanted to throw out there. Are there any of you who have to sleep with some form of background noise? A fan running, TV on, relaxing music. I used to sleep in a completely darkened room, with silence. Then I started dating a gal a while back, and she always slept with the TV on. You guessed it! I can't get to sleep now without the TV on all night. Hearing the background noise distracts my mind enough that I can fall asleep. I've tried sleeping without the TV on, and with that much silence and darkness, my mind runs like its on Meth! LOL
GD

Another quirky question I wanted to throw out there. Are there any of you who have to sleep with some form of background noise? A fan running, TV on, relaxing music. I used to sleep in a completely darkened room, with silence. Then I started dating a gal a while back, and she always slept with the TV on. You guessed it! I can't get to sleep now without the TV on all night. Hearing the background noise distracts my mind enough that I can fall asleep. I've tried sleeping without the TV on, and with that much silence and darkness, my mind runs like its on Meth! LOL
GD

Yes, I have an electrostatic air cleaner that runs all day and the sound of that fan is soothing to me. Puts me to sleep.

I also need some type of fan running. I also bought an air purifier which is soothing. I can’t have the tv on though because it lightens the room.

Generally my sleep is all over the place but I definitely get enough. I sometimes get too much sleep. ZMA is amazing for improving the quality of my sleep. I also use melatonin a few times per week and that is great for me as well.

8-9 hours of sleep would be ideal but it's just doesnt seem practical in at least the American culture with the hustle and grind each day. Esp those of us with full time jobs, gym time, food prep, everyday chores/errands, sexy time with wifey/gf :love:, promuscle research :p and taking care of the family.

Last edited:
8 Hours min a night

I take MK and sleep a min of 8 hours a night. If I'm not using it I take ZMA and still get my 8 hours. I also forgot I throw a 5-10 mg extended release Melatonin on top of the ZMA.

Do I sleep enough?...hell no...I get 3-4 hours at most...I have struggled with insomnia since childhood...I swear, something in my brain is not connected properly...I wake up and can't fall back asleep...meds help but it is too easy to get hooked...

My sleep requires a very strict sleep condition. It needs to be quiet, very quiet so I can sleep very fast but can be easily disturbed by a little sound. That's annoying.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws