over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use multiple protein powders?

Spacey

Registered
A friend of mine uses two: whey for post-WO and casein for everything else. I always use whey, but I will add some healthy fats when I want to slow absorption, like PB or olive oil. Which approach is right? Is there another reason to use different protein powders at different times? Would a mix of whey and casein be better than either of these two options?

A friend of mine uses two: whey for post-WO and casein for everything else. I always use whey, but I will add some healthy fats when I want to slow absorption, like PB or olive oil. Which approach is right? Is there another reason to use different protein powders at different times? Would a mix of whey and casein be better than either of these two options?

Yes, whey and casein together (in one powder) have been proven to be better than whey alone.

Yes, whey and casein together (in one powder) have been proven to be better than whey alone.

And you can use that at all times (e.g., in a meal-replacement shake, post-WO, before bed)?

Thanks.

And you can use that at all times (e.g., in a meal-replacement shake, post-WO, before bed)?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use just whey for the fast acting effects at time or just casein for the slow rate of amino acid release, but the combination has been shown to provide work better than any one alone. Whey rapidly increases protein synthesis and casein blocks protein breakdown, thus a combination of both would be ideal. However, for something like a bed time, there is no need for the rapid increase is amino acid concentration and just casein would be fine...

Protein blend ingestion following resistance exercise... [J Nutr. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

yeah and since milk protein consists of 80% casein just drink your whey with milk and everything is perfect :cool:

yeah and since milk protein consists of 80% casein just drink your whey with milk and everything is perfect :cool:

Or you could just drink milk lol Milk protein isolate is a blend of the two as well...

Thanks, but I'll pass on the milk. Makes me bloated.

Now to look for a good whey/casein mix!

TBH it doesnt really make a difference. the whole fast/slow digesting thing is really a mute point at best, just get your protein in on a consistent basis. thats what'll get you results. go ask jay cutler if he consumed casein protein every night before bed, and whey after each and every workout :D

TBH it doesnt really make a difference. the whole fast/slow digesting thing is really a mute point at best, just get your protein in on a consistent basis. thats what'll get you results. go ask jay cutler if he consumed casein protein every night before bed, and whey after each and every workout :D
lol! jay cutler's genetics might be slightly better than mine, but still point taken.

lol! jay cutler's genetics might be slightly better than mine, but still point taken.

lol better than most of the planets bro, your not alone :D

you kinda remind me of myself, you ask a lot of questions, but ya know what? i dont mind answering/helping out if i can. thats what you should do imo is ask. sure looking stuff up on your own is good, but sometimes its nice to hear real world experience from ppl who have "been there and done it" so to speak. i got your back bro :headbang:

lol better than most of the planets bro, your not alone :D

you kinda remind me of myself, you ask a lot of questions, but ya know what? i dont mind answering/helping out if i can. thats what you should do imo is ask. sure looking stuff up on your own is good, but sometimes its nice to hear real world experience from ppl who have "been there and done it" so to speak. i got your back bro :headbang:

Thanks for the support! I always do searches, too, but like you said, it's nice to hear from real people. Especially since there are so many different points of view. Sometimes an article will sound very authoritative, and then I'll post a question about it and everyone will say, "what? that's absurd!" or someone will say, "yeah, that works for 99% of people, but I am like you, and it didn't work for me". So, the real feedback helps a lot. And I try not to ask the really obvious questions, like "can you drink winny?", lol.

I don't know much, but I try to give back, too, when I can. That's what it's all about!

Last edited:
Thanks for the support! I always do searches, too, but like you said, it's nice to hear from real people. Especially since there are so many different points of view. Sometimes an article will sound very authoritative, and then I'll post a question about it and everyone will say, "what? that's absurd!" or someone will say, "yeah, that works for 99% of people, but I am like you, and it didn't work for me". So, the real feedback helps a lot. And I try not to ask the really obvious questions, like "can you drink winny?", lol.

NP brotha

Lol@ you two finding eachother. However, as stated...whey isolate and casein is better than whey iso alone. Just get Team Skip from TN. Equal parts whey isolate, egg protein, micellar casein. Perfect. The only other "protein" I use is Peptopro intra workout.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lol@ you two finding eachother. However, as stated...whey isolate and casein is better than whey iso alone. Just get Team Skip from TN. Equal parts whey isolate, egg protein, micellar casein. Perfect. The only other "protein" I use is Peptopro intra workout.

True nutrition sciences trutein is another good one. 40/40/20 ratio of whey, casein, and egg white protein

True nutrition sciences trutein is another good one. 40/40/20 ratio of whey, casein, and egg white protein

Way to support our sponsor!
I trust Dante over random, generally unheard of companies. Not to mention when you order 5 pounds of protein from TN, you get 5 pounds of protein before flavoring.

You'll probably lie... But I am willing to bet you didn't even try the protein that you are recommending.

Last edited:
Way to support our sponsor!
I trust Dante over random, generally unheard of companies. Not to mention when you order 5 pounds of protein from TN, you get 5 pounds of protein before flavoring.

You'll probably lie... But I am willing to bet you didn't even try the protein that you are recommending.
I've used protein from TN MANY times bud. You want me to send you a pic of the receipts too?
Oh and Taken from my kitchen two minutes ago. But no I've never used it....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 101
I've used protein from TN MANY times bud. You want me to send you a pic of the receipts too?
Oh and Taken from my kitchen two minutes ago. But no I've never used it....

Still, you come on this board and shit it up with your nonsense... And then when I suggest a very well respected board sponsor for a product - you go and suggest a product that is not from a sponsor...and not even identical. Just fyi...the sponsors provide you this canvas to shit all over... So you could at least use them or try not to undercut them.

im not under cutting anyone, TN IS GREAT. again, ive used them many many times. i was simply giving the op another option. so what, when someone asks for a particular product, you have to say "use a sponsor here, or use nothing at all"? cmon bro, really?

im not under cutting anyone, TN IS GREAT. again, ive used them many many times. i was simply giving the op another option. so what, when someone asks for a particular product, you have to say "use a sponsor here, or use nothing at all"? cmon bro, really?

Keep using your five pound bucket with 3.75lbs protein and 1.25 lbs flavoring.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb