advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anybody take regular old amino acids?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
On of the locak highschool football players ive been helping has sudently taken a bit of a growth spurt , he got noticably shronger and looks a bit more full muscle wise in the last 16 days and is up a consistant 3 pounds. He hasent changed anything even still takes his 15g BCAA's during training

I asked what he was doing differant and he said just taking two amino tabs before each meal. We had a deal that if he stayed drug free i would help him out with his training and eating and thus far he is steadly making gains like several other kids on his team eat D-bol like candy but their diet and training is typical of highschool rodents

he is taking 10 tabs a day of the Optimum Nutrition Amino 2222 tabs , here is the lable , just wondering if aznybody else ever still takes these

160 Tablets
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Tablets
Servings Per Container80

Amount Per Serving
Calories 15 Calories form Fat 0

% Daily Value
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Protein 2g 4

Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per Serving)

Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)
Tryptophan 170
Valine 100
Threonine 90
Isoleucine 100
Leucine 160
Lysine 140
Phenylalanine 120
Methionine 30

Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs)
Arginine 170
Cystine 20
Tyrosine 90
Histidine 50
Proline 110
Glutamate 350

Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs)
Ornithine 4
Aspartic Acid 250
Serine 100
Glycine 90
Alanine 80
Carnitine 4

Those are crap, get him on Beverly and see what happens.

Gun,

Used to live on those for years, several times a day.
Tend to use more BCAA's, LBA's and a few others these days.
Do you remember drinking the old "predigested drinks".
I'm really showing my age with that one.

Peace,

MT

On of the locak highschool football players ive been helping has sudently taken a bit of a growth spurt , he got noticably shronger and looks a bit more full muscle wise in the last 16 days and is up a consistant 3 pounds. He hasent changed anything even still takes his 15g BCAA's during training

I asked what he was doing differant and he said just taking two amino tabs before each meal. We had a deal that if he stayed drug free i would help him out with his training and eating and thus far he is steadly making gains like several other kids on his team eat D-bol like candy but their diet and training is typical of highschool rodents

he is taking 10 tabs a day of the Optimum Nutrition Amino 2222 tabs , here is the lable , just wondering if aznybody else ever still takes these

160 Tablets
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Tablets
Servings Per Container80

Amount Per Serving
Calories 15 Calories form Fat 0

% Daily Value
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Protein 2g 4

Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per Serving)

Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)
Tryptophan 170
Valine 100
Threonine 90
Isoleucine 100
Leucine 160
Lysine 140
Phenylalanine 120
Methionine 30

Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs)
Arginine 170
Cystine 20
Tyrosine 90
Histidine 50
Proline 110
Glutamate 350

Nonessential Amino Acids (NAAs)
Ornithine 4
Aspartic Acid 250
Serine 100
Glycine 90
Alanine 80
Carnitine 4

FWIW when I first added bcaa to my diet I gained a solid 4lb and so has others I know but after that original jump when introduced it goes back to the same muscle gain speed as before.

My highschool fottball coach use to give me bottle of aminos when i was their because he knew i couldent afford any supplements and struggled
to eat healthy , once i got older and could afford better food i never messed with them again.

I take LBA's a couple times a day some times 4-5 and i take my BCAA's during training.

I had though about adding the liver tabs next year during my contest prep but thats gonna be stictly up to my coach.

I just thought is was neat that it caused noticable gains even though he is getting enough protein (1.25-1.5g per pound)

kids taking dbol from his friends and bsin you about it, but I do like regular old bcaas 5gm before first meal 5gm both pre/post w/o and 5gm before bed. helps me eat a little less since I have a sucky appitite

Last edited:
I'd rather just eat a little WPI instead of "aminos" but we all know what is really going on :D

I think he should drink his aminos...
Tell him to find a tub of blue rasberry Chaind Out.
He will be able to get a lot more for his money, have no bcaa gluconeogenesis conversion, and quite possibly enjoy it more.

Another possible reason....

He's in HS... right now he's a walking pharmacy of his own physiology.... GH and Test levels up like crazy... remember how most of us trained like crap, trained 2 hours everyday probably bordering over-training by today's standards, ate like crap... and STILL got crazy strong and put on muscle?

Now, take that kid and give him a sensible training and diet regimen... man, lots of potential there.

He's in HS... right now he's a walking pharmacy of his own physiology.... GH and Test levels up like crazy... remember how most of us trained like crap, trained 2 hours everyday probably bordering over-training by today's standards, ate like crap... and STILL got crazy strong and put on muscle?

Now, take that kid and give him a sensible training and diet regimen... man, lots of potential there.

Thats the plan exactly , he bust his ass in the gym 4 days a week and eats good , eats a little junk on the weekends but so what , his goal is to get stronger and bigger , so far he is doing just that and actualy losing a little bit of the baby fat.

I honestly doubt that he is sneaking any drugs from his buddys because he has been so proud of what he has accomplished just buy not being lazy and working hard and at this age these gains will stick and the kids that are using are quickly realizing thats when they come off all their new found mass and power goes away a bit , most of them have cycle off now and my boy here uis still making gains , im hoping they see the light and realize their is alot more to it

I rate bcaa's and eaa's very highly, i take before fasted cardio, during training, sometimes after then carbs around 30 mins later.

the pills are an absolute waste of cash as they're always at least 3 times more expensive than the powders.

Gun,

Used to live on those for years, several times a day.
Tend to use more BCAA's, LBA's and a few others these days.
Do you remember drinking the old "predigested drinks".
I'm really showing my age with that one.

Peace,

MT

The liquid "Optimum Superior Amino 2222" is "LBA" as it's mostly hydrolyzed collagen with a tiny touch of whey isolate (to supply 10mg of tryptophan, which is nothing) so they can call it a "complete" protein source.

The tabs are mostly whey concentrate, hardly what most consider "aminos".
It's protein but expensive compared to plain old whey powder.

the pills are an absolute waste of cash as they're always at least 3 times more expensive than the powders.

You are wrong. There is no such thing as a protein powder hydrolyzed down to 70-87%, which is optimal, because it would be so bitter nobody would buy it.

The liquid "Optimum Superior Amino 2222" is "LBA" as it's mostly hydrolyzed collagen with a tiny touch of whey isolate (to supply 10mg of tryptophan, which is nothing) so they can call it a "complete" protein source.

The tabs are mostly whey concentrate, hardly what most consider "aminos".
It's protein but expensive compared to plain old whey powder.

The cheap amino tabs are indeed just pressed protein powder, minimally hydrolyzed, if at all, and you're right often made from whey. Anything over 1600 mg is a joke.

Last edited:
You are wrong. There is no such thing as a protein powder hydrolyzed down to 70-87%, which is optimal, because it would be so bitter nobody would buy it.

Think he was referring to powdered bcaa's over the tab/cap version......which if he is, he is correct.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that's true about BCAA or any free form amino powder, caps are a waste of money.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131